drinking alone

oxygene

Do you guys ever drink alone at home? I sometimes do it. not because I like it so much, I would definitely prefer drinking with a friend but as I don`t have any friends, drinking alone is the only option, but then again the idea of drinking alone is quite embarassing.

market.garden

What kind of drinking are we talking about? Like the odd few or serious heavy drinking? I sometimes have the odd night where I have a few beers on my own - I usually prefer it to the mindless routine of a pub. It's much more comfortable.

And many people drink as a way of unwinding and relaxing, so in that sense it's pretty natural and shouldn't be something to be embarrassed about

Kinetik

It's normal enough. I do it quite often, usually a couple times a week. I don't get really wasted or anything, just a little buzzed so I don't take everything quite so seriously. I think ultimately that's my problem.

DaaaBulls

I do that every couple of months or so. I will buy a 6 pack of Heineken or something like that and drink by myself. I don't mind it too much, as long as I remind myself that I cannot make it a habit.

oxygene

What kind of drinking are we talking about? Like the odd few or serious heavy drinking? I sometimes have the odd night where I have a few beers on my own - I usually prefer it to the mindless routine of a pub. It's much more comfortable.

And many people drink as a way of unwinding and relaxing, so in that sense it's pretty natural and shouldn't be something to be embarrassed about

it`s usually just beer but I sometimes drink heavier things too like whiskey or vodka. It`s not something that`m addicted to. I do it just once a month or twice at most.

market.garden

Ah that's fine. I think a lot of people do that. Especially when someone's had a long and tiring day. Once or twice a month is probably quite common amongst people and as long as your not addicted or doing it regularly its nothing to be embarrassed or worried about.

WelshOne

I drink alone in my room quite often. However, I usually only have one can, and its just because it gives me something to enjoy, a few nights a week. I get through four cans a week on average, so nothing excessive! I dont get drunk on my own.

I drink alone, yeah. I have long and stressful days and I'll just make a cocktail or something. If I have friends over, I have friends over to enjoy some drinks; if I am alone, I'm alone. I try not to read too far into the alone part. I drink 3-4 nights with sober exceptions, sometimes I get "drunk", sometimes I just relax. I'm worse than you, though, from the sounds of it...

I agree with Kinetik when he says "that's so sporadic that I would hesitate to call it drinking at all."

Drinking isn't a beer or a glass of wine. Drinking, when mentioned with concern, is chugging vodka or whiskey every other night until you just pass out. And I've been there before, which is something I admit with hesitance.

sleepysparrow

I drink wine alone. Usually only 1-2 glasses a day. I don't think there is anything wrong with moderate alcohol.

I drink wine alone. Usually only 1-2 glasses a day. I don't think there is anything wrong with moderate alcohol.

Agreed. It could be so much worse (chugging hard liquor, taking ten shots, etc, drinking all DAY). And if it helps you relax at the end of a day, more power to ya. :)

mikestar

Banned
I drink alone and its boring,but then again I cant go into a pub and enjoy myself with others. If im around a mates house and its just me and him then im usually fine,would even have enough courage to go to shop and buy another crate hehe

I have drunk before ive gone out in the past,and it did do the trick but yes its bad and you shouldnt get addicted.

anyone want a beer?

I drink alone and its boring,but then again I cant go into a pub and enjoy myself with others. If im around a mates house and its just me and him then im usually fine,would even have enough courage to go to shop and buy another crate hehe

I have drunk before ive gone out in the past,and it did do the trick but yes its bad and you shouldnt get addicted.

anyone want a beer?

I sometimes have a drink before I meet up with an old friend or just go out in general (never if I'm driving, of course).
It's actually incredibly helpful, and as the alcohol buzz fades, you find that you have more sober confidence than you would have otherwise.

Jannah

Banned
Yes I do. A couple nights a week. I'll have up to 3 beers in my room alone just to get a buzz, I'll listen to music or watch T. V. The thing is when I feel the buzz kicking in, I start to feel like calling someone or just talking to anyone. I have NO friends, so I have no other option but to have a few beers by my self. I am too self conscious to go to a bar by myself, to sit there all by myself too scared to talk to anyone is never a good feeling.

Errordotocx

I have drank alone yes. But the thing is that usually when I drink alone I end up on the computer talking to people and eventually go to play a game with a couple of friends. So I guess it's not really ever alone.

bleach

Banned
I drink alone probably 5-6 nights a week. The other nights I either don't drink or drink with a couple friends. It doesn't really bother me if I become addicted, because I could never be more addicted to a substance than to my own thoughts, and I already know the latter is more dangerous and less mutable.