don't wanna have sex

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I wish people would stop asking me if I have a boyfriend.

I wish people would just mind their own business. I will never understand why that question seems to be so important to some.

I kind of understand it when it comes from family, because they might just be wanting to know what's up with your life (as long as they don't judge, the question is fine, imo), but everyone else? why do they care?

I understand where the OP and others are coming from.

I enjoy sex but haven't had it for several months which is the kind of timescale that others may consider "a long time", however I don't find myself missing it or wanting it. It's only worth it if it's with somebody you deeply care about and are in love with. Since I'm not with anybody like that, I don't find myself wanting or needing sex.

Not to sound controversial but I do wonder sometimes if everybody who seems to feel desperate for a relationship would be so keen if the concept of sexual intercourse didn't exist... I'm sure plenty of people would be but I'm also sure a few people would lose interest in their pursuit ;)

As with anything in life you just have to let nature take its course by doing only what your heart and mind tell you you want to do, and nothing else.

I seriously do not understand how several months without sex is considered a long time by many - or most - people. How is that a long time??? It's been several months for me as well and I don't feel like I'm dying of desire, haha. I don't even consider that odd. Like you said - not in a relationship with someone I care deeply about, so I can stand to wait. Even if it means another year or two. I honestly could live with that. And it isn't like I don't enjoy the act. I don't see a constant need for it, though. Not even on a weekly basis (unless I'm in a relationship and that's what my partner and I want, but that's another matter, haha).

I guess some people really feel they need it that often, and some just think it's "weird" if you don't always have someone you're sleeping with. Please :rolleyes:

Last edited:

thegunners21

I get the impression that Normal people see those without sex partners as abnormal. QUOTE]

I wish people would stop asking me if I have a boyfriend. there's other stuff in life, people!! like watchin tv and eatin food and goin outside and lookin at outside stuff and takin pictures and goin on the internet and playin games and thinkin about stuff. and none of those with junk stuff.

It would help if you stop calling it "junk stuff". That sounds pretty degrading to people who actually like sex.

It would help if you stop calling it "junk stuff". That sounds pretty degrading to people who actually like sex.

Actually I was kind of thinking the same thing... Some people have an aversion to it or just aren't interested, but that doesn't mean it's bad, wrong, or dirty. It's natural, it's normal, and it's quite enjoyable if you're comfortable with the person you're with and your choices.

Kiwong

Actually I was kind of thinking the same thing... Some people have an aversion to it or just aren't interested, but that doesn't mean it's bad, wrong, or dirty. It's natural, it's normal, and it's quite enjoyable if you're comfortable with the person you're with and your choices.

Of course a healthy sex life it isn't, bad, wrong or dirty. Neither is being interested in things other than sex.

It has been my experience that society often questions the sexual identity of those who abstain from sex or aren't interested in relationships.

Xervello

The work required to get it just doesn't seem worth the reward.

I actually like the dalliance of it all. I enjoy the effort and build-up TO it, just not the deed. I'm like a dog chasing a car. But once I catch it I get bored and lose interest.

Of course a healthy sex life it isn't, bad, wrong or dirty. Neither is being interested in things other than sex.

It has been my experience that society often questions the sexual identity of those who abstain from sex or aren't interested in relationships.

Of course being interested in things other than sex isn't wrong. I was saying that in response to the OP's terming sex as "junk stuff" - it gives the impression she thinks it is something "bad".

rosewood

BECAUSE I FEEL SMALL.

and maybe you need glasses and/or contacts. or a better prescription. :p

i just assumed telepathine was "whispering".

when someone speaks softly you have to pay much closer attention, and maybe increase the magnifier on the screen. :bigsmile:

twiggle

I seriously do not understand how several months without sex is considered a long time by many - or most - people. How is that a long time??? It's been several months for me as well and I don't feel like I'm dying of desire, haha. I don't even consider that odd. Like you said - not in a relationship with someone I care deeply about, so I can stand to wait. Even if it means another year or two. I honestly could live with that. And it isn't like I don't enjoy the act. I don't see a constant need for it, though. Not even on a weekly basis (unless I'm in a relationship and that's what my partner and I want, but that's another matter, haha).

I guess some people really feel they need it that often, and some just think it's "weird" if you don't always have someone you're sleeping with. Please :rolleyes:

Yeah exactly, I've even been asked how I'm coping! Each to their own but personally, in the same way some people can't fathom how I can be without it for a few months, I can't fathom the lengths they will sometimes go to just to get it.

I prefer food to sex anyway, and with food you get to have it every day and it doesn't make you pregnant, nor can a potato break your heart :)

Zav

I "want" to do it, but I also definitely want to wait until I'm married. And I have no problem waiting. I don't crave it like a lot of other guys I see my age, who will go scout bars just to get what they can. I have had sex with one girl in my life (high school) but I regret it. Don't get me wrong - it was always very pleasurable, but I went through sort of a big change after that relationship - a total change of values.