Doing stupid things then regreting them

Vampayah88

Do you ever do dumb things which u later on obsess over them and can't get them out of your head and you wonder why the hell you did that thing?

This is what happened to me today when I was at school, some guy apparently asked if we had a lighter and my bff said that I do, the thing is, I didn't actually hear the question clearly, so I asked again "you want a lighter?", he mumbled something again which I didn't understand(I dont hear very well sometimes)and I thought he didn't actually want that and that he was talkin to my bff or whatever. So I just walked, over to my purse, grabbed my phone,started playin with it then called someone, all the while that guy was actually waiting for me to give him a lighter. Then he just left. I know this is my mystake and now I feel freakin awful, why the hell didn't I just give him the lighter? now I can't stop thinking about this and I'm afraid he'll think I didnt want to be nice and that Im a total bitch and that he'll tell people about this.::(:

MoniqueNS

Banned
I can't fall asleep sometimes because I keep replaying incidents in my head. I really want to learn to just let this things go! But it is so hard.

Feathers

LOL Vamp!! That's actually a pretty AWESOME story haha!!

Okay, I have some 'epic fail' stories too.. at the time I was totally mortified, looking back sometimes I'm able to laugh at them!!! :D

And yeah, I've still done stupid things, even as I grow older.. Having a perspective and sense of humor about it helps!! Maybe imagine it in a movie or sitcom/comedy?? :)

I still rue and woe about them oftentimes, but I try to keep myself in check, and if I don't my family does, or other people...

What you're talking about is not some major disaster the scale of international intergalactic proportions.. Was he cute and did you like him? Maybe he was hitting on you or your bff? (Was she angry at you?) If he was just some random stranger, then maybe you can go with the 'what the heck'? attitude?
Maybe you can apologize to him next time you see him - 'sorry I didn't hear you well the other day' or even also offer 'want a lighter now?'

Again, I'm anti-smoking so maybe it'll put him off smoking too, hehe!!

Sometimes it's difficult to hear people if there's loud noise in background or if they mumble or you're concentrated on sth/someone else... so, hm, double check next time with bff maybe if something like this happens?

MrJones

I think too much about my mistakes, but what's done, is done

But I'm sure I'll be making mistakes and think too much about them again and again lol

worrywort

I did something similar yesterday actually. A collegue at work walked into the canteen where I was sweeping, grabbed a drink of water, then asked if I had any pain killers, and I said, "oh yea I may have some in my bag I'll take a look in a sec" and he was like, "oh great!". I then turned and continued to sweep, cause I figured I'll check in a minute, but I noticed he was just kinda standing there, which I thought was weird, but I ignored him and carried on sweeping for a minute, but still he was just standing there, not drinking his water, just kinda watching me sweep. And suddenly it dawned on me he wants the painkillers now!!!....that's why he's got the water you dork! and I suddenly realised I must've seemed so rude making him wait for so long!.....so I checked straight away.....turned out I didn't have any painkillers in the end anyway! :(

dyingtolive

ive done lotsa stupid things.. the ones when i was drunk, i got traumatized.. man.. and i used to black out too! so alot of stuff i dont even remember doing! scary! traumatized from that.. hopefully in a good way ::p:

StupidWiz

Being bullied for so long made me very self conscious about myself. What I say, what I do, always end up being replayed in my head. It's annoying but I can't help it. The least i could do is probably accept all the "stupid" things that I've done and move on. *shrug*

Vampayah88

LOL Vamp!! That's actually a pretty AWESOME story haha!!

Okay, I have some 'epic fail' stories too.. at the time I was totally mortified, looking back sometimes I'm able to laugh at them!!! :D

And yeah, I've still done stupid things, even as I grow older.. Having a perspective and sense of humor about it helps!! Maybe imagine it in a movie or sitcom/comedy?? :)

I still rue and woe about them oftentimes, but I try to keep myself in check, and if I don't my family does, or other people...

What you're talking about is not some major disaster the scale of international intergalactic proportions.. Was he cute and did you like him? Maybe he was hitting on you or your bff? (Was she angry at you?) If he was just some random stranger, then maybe you can go with the 'what the heck'? attitude?
Maybe you can apologize to him next time you see him - 'sorry I didn't hear you well the other day' or even also offer 'want a lighter now?'

Again, I'm anti-smoking so maybe it'll put him off smoking too, hehe!!

Sometimes it's difficult to hear people if there's loud noise in background or if they mumble or you're concentrated on sth/someone else... so, hm, double check next time with bff maybe if something like this happens?

He's cute but I don't actually like him or anything. Also, my bff is a guy. There was some noise in the background thats true,and I was kind of distracted about some project me and my collegues were doing that day, and I wasn't feeling well either. U know whats even more dumb? I didnt give him a lighter because i thought i would look stupid if i grabbed it and went over to give it to him and he'd look at me with a face like "umm wtf..?", asumming he didn't actually ask for it. Why didn't I just ask him AGAIN what he wanted? jesus...I'm thinking about apologizing next time I see him, or maybe I should just forget about it? I just don't want him to think I'm weird and rude. I talked to my bff about this and he said im just overreacting and shouldnt even think about this because its no big deal.

Mickery

Tell me when you find a solution to this, cause I do it like 10 times a day. Why do we torture ourselves, truth is, a week from now we won't even remember it.

Try seeing about them as a story to tell in the future? That's what most stories are anyway, either great things or terrible things. Either way, everybody smiles, you're slightly more interesting and that's the end of it.

Foxie913

I sent a love letter to a guy I really fancied at the time. He must of read it because he looked at me like I was a freak after that. Anyway much later on I found out he was a creep and he didn't look so attractive after I found out what he was really like. If I knew then what I know now I wouldn't of sent that stupid letter. I liked him once but hate him now.

Last edited:

Feathers

Oh gosh, I still do some silly things!! :) Yikes!!

And go, 'What was I thinking?' (I wasn't!' lol!!)

It does pump up the adrenaline lol! At least we can laugh about it! hehe..

Vamp, if you kinda might like him and he's a maybe-bf/friend potential (and if you're in a market for one, or for new good friends) you might actually smile at him and if he doesn't smile back (and looks like he might have a grudge/resentment or something) then say something like 'Sorry to be so absent-minded the other day, I didn't really hear you, you know,' and then maybe explain about the project like you did here. (If it's something you might be okay to talk about.. or just talk about something else that is casual and 'everyday'..) If he's a nice person it may be worth it, if he's a 'jerk' or 'player' and maybe just wanted to 'hit on you' than maybe it's not worth fretting over yeah..

If he just looks friendly and smiles like it was nothing, maybe don't mention it.. Some people are forgeftul and forget these things yup.. (Then again, would you want a too distracted bf or friend with such extreme aDD, hm?)
If he might have sa/be shy or nice person with possibly low self-esteem, it might be worth it to be nice to him, some guys can kinda lose confidence if women 'reject' them too much.. But if he has a too big ego boost anyway and thinks he's 'god's gift to women' or such, then maybe he doesn't need that?

You could also just pretend you really didn't hear anything and smile cheerfully, eh? ('If in doubt, play dumb?' :) hm?)

Your bff (if he's a guy) may know this guy and may know he doesn't need an 'ego boost', or may be just 'jealous of 'competition' (so it might be good to think about it).. or may just want you to feel better and not fret about it :) Some things are not so easily discussed with (some) men hehe.. So I hope you have a female friend or a few to maybe discuss (other) things with.. (Though this probably doesn't require more discussion than already done here.. lol)

If you're definitely not interested in any way, not even to have him as a casual acquaintance or maybe-friend (and he's not friends with anyone you know or like), then maybe just let it go, yup..

So I guess.. maybe take a cue from him and the situation next time you meet him? It doesn't seem like something to plan too much over...?

Last edited:
B

Beatrice

I used to. Until I just stopped caring about my life altogether. I want to have a good life like anyone else, but I've been so dejected for so long that things don't carry the weight they once did. I don't know how else to explain it, maybe you get my meaning.