Does Music Help You?

vse2008

I love music. I can get lost in the melodies and the lyrics. Even the depressing songs help me. Upbeat songs make me feel good. I discovered about ten years ago when I started taking ballroom dance lessons that most of the music that brings me up is a cha cha or an east coast swing. I'm talking about rock and pop music from as far back as the 50's.

1BlackSheep

Definitely! If I'm feeling down, I just put on some upbeat music that I can sing to and it usually helps to lift my mood. It's like free therapy! :)

Foxface

Sometimes.

Today, I was listening to 867-5309 (Jenny) by Tommy Tutone. Awesome song.

I remember there was this girl I liekd in 10th grade. I kept singing that song, and I sang her name and number instead lol.

karl:-/

HELL YEA!!! WHOOOW!! got mine on now try this, the hives,walk idiot walk.. and think srew the dum ass people that try to put ya down....... Faboosh!!

Qurion2

dependence... when i need faith/strenght in suceeding in something some epic music really helps
if iam down a hopefull one feels good, but also a sad one can "push" this sadness out of me quick and then i just lose the mood to QQ and happiness can easily flush in :3

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
F**K YEAH!! Music is ma drug. It's the only thing that gets me through my depressive times! And there's nothing like blasting some thrash metal music on your stereo at 10:30 in the morning tae piss off your next door neighbours.

Starry

Music definitely helps! There is music by a few bands which seeps deep into my soul and makes me feel more alive than anything else in the world. It has the power to lift me out of depression and to make me feel healed when I'm ill...

Bustn Justin

Gotta love my EDM. It can be house, trance, dubstep, or just dance music.

I am at the computer with my headphones on and dance in the kitchen by myself.

I don't think much of what is going on around me.

KitKat2

Music is my first love and it will be my last, music of the future, the music of the past. Singing makes me feel alive and able to express emotions.

GhastlyCC

I listen to music pretty much all day every day.
One of my most favorite things in the whole world.
Love it dearly.Get depressed when I'm un able to listen to it for some reason.

It can definitely bring up my mood.
Or bring it down.
It's a powerful thing.

It can make me feel a variety of emotions.

It's my main ignition switch for inspiration for writing.

Discovering a brand new band/artist and having their music just blow you away.

I love it.
I love music.

Flowers-Of-Bloom

I don't know what I would do without music. It takes me to another place and helps me release difficult emotions. At the moment I'm listening to Portishead.

wariomona

I usually only listen to fast/upbeat music, it makes me happy!
But too bad no one around me seems to like the same sort of music I do...