Does anyone else feel picked apart?

SR287

I feel like all the bad things that have happened in my life make me feel like the quote below in a lot of ways.... a lot of days I feel just angry at the world, does anyone else feel any of that??? Like I have to force myself to be happy every day..

I FEEL AS THOUGH I AM LITTLE MORE THAN A CARCASS THAT HAS BEEN PICKED APART, REDUCED TO SOMETHING THAT BARELY RESEMBLES WHAT IT ONCE WAS: SOMETHING THAT WAS ONCE BEAUTIFUL AND ALIVE AND VIBRANT. BUT IT HAS BEEN MADE GROTESQUE AND MUTILATED, KILLED BY PREDATORS AND THE REMAINS PICKED CLEAN BY SCAVENGERS.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

SR287

All the time. I will say something small about being unhappy or something that made me upset and will not receive a text back.... Like I am not allowed to voice any unhappiness at all. When I was depressed before I was told that I was too depressing to be around...... At this point I feel like I am too much trouble to be important to anyone anymore.

EscapeArtist

All the time. I will say something small about being unhappy or something that made me upset and will not receive a text back.... Like I am not allowed to voice any unhappiness at all. When I was depressed before I was told that I was too depressing to be around...... At this point I feel like I am too much trouble to be important to anyone anymore.

I really wish I had a response for this. People should be allowed to voice unhappiness... But a lot become protective when others voice unhappiness or depression. Which only makes a pesrson feel worthless.... Yeah I dont know what to say, im dealing with the exact same question. You can message me, though.

laure15

I used to feel like this at school. Constantly being judged and picked apart by people who barely know me.

WishingICould

I feel like all the bad things that have happened in my life make me feel like the quote below in a lot of ways.... a lot of days I feel just angry at the world, does anyone else feel any of that??? Like I have to force myself to be happy every day..

I FEEL AS THOUGH I AM LITTLE MORE THAN A CARCASS THAT HAS BEEN PICKED APART, REDUCED TO SOMETHING THAT BARELY RESEMBLES WHAT IT ONCE WAS: SOMETHING THAT WAS ONCE BEAUTIFUL AND ALIVE AND VIBRANT. BUT IT HAS BEEN MADE GROTESQUE AND MUTILATED, KILLED BY PREDATORS AND THE REMAINS PICKED CLEAN BY SCAVENGERS.

I feel the exact same way. Sometimes i feel like i'm dead and everyone else is living their lives.

Lea

Banned
Yes definitely. There is something of me missing. In nature, creatures like this would be doomed to die.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole

I don't mean that you should pretend to be happy, or that people are right to let you down if you're depressed, but if depressed is your normal state, it's normal that people will avoid you. Not necessarly because they are mean or because they don't care, you just need to understand that everyone has their own problems and everyone struggle to be happy at different levels, and if you're being negative all the time around your friends, you are dragging them down with you. So it might be a good idea to try to not SPREAD your depression, if you see what I mean.

SR287

I get that... but generally I am not a depressed person, I mean I have had a history of depression for periods, but right now I have a daughter and a fiance in my life and they keep me from being depressed majority of the time. He works on the road though for 3-4 days at a time every week during spring/summer and I tend to feel very alone during those times.. So its not that I am depressed all the time... or even most the time... to me a friend would not tell someone you are too depressing to be around so I dont want to see you, a friend would be there... and I know it is hard to see someone go through the same patterns and still care, but I have seen some of the same people be there to no end for other people, which just makes me feel like I am simply not worth it but others are. I feel I have very high standards for my friends, but I don't really feel like that is a bad thing for me.... I would rather have no friends than have fake friends with no moral character at all....

The quote however said a lot of things to me..... that for me, and for a lot of us I am sure, we feel dead sometimes... like everyone else is living life while we cannot seem to... beyond that.. I feel angry a lot of time because although I have always been a little shy I feel like I have overcome a lot of things in life but the one thing that I cannot overcome is how people have treated me and I feel it has made me this way...

I blame myself too for making bad choices, I have always picked the worst boyfriends and a lot of the time friends then get upset when they treat me badly. that is my fault. But in general I feel like humanity is cruel and that they would rather take what they need from you and move on without caring that you are laying on the ground "dying"... I feel like I cannot trust because I have been screwed over so much that I almost feel trusting anyone but me is just a dumb choice.... Although now that I have AvPD I understand I am more difficult to deal with which makes me more likely to be left which only makes me more worried about being left unfortunately... Not sure how to get out of that cycle...

I really wish I had a response for this. People should be allowed to voice unhappiness... But a lot become protective when others voice unhappiness or depression. Which only makes a pesrson feel worthless.... Yeah I dont know what to say, im dealing with the exact same question. You can message me, though.

EscapeArtist- Right now as I am in a "down" mood I am not sure exactly what I would say if I were to message you.... I find that when I get in moods like this I try not to feel at all, try to think less..... I try to absorb myself in anything I can to get my mind off of it until it goes away.... I appreciate you reaching out and if you would like to add me, talk to me, anything feel free, along with anyone else that would like to..... I try to talk to my fiance about these things but he doesnt understand as much.... I would love to have anyone with AvPD to chat with to be able to just have someone relate to me, to not feel like the only person in the world that feels this way.....

Not sure what else to say right now, other than I greatly appreciate having this forum to vent and even just to read what everyone has to say so I don't feel so alone. Just having that for once makes me feel enormously better :)

Kiwong

All the time. The people I work with in paticular have made me feel less than worthless.

paintedblue

Yes sometimes I do see myself in these terms picked apart, something missing, a big hole in my life, not as i once was.

Sometimes I see it different; like there are too many layers of rubbish (depression, isolation, inadequacy, anxiety) smothering me and entirely covering up my true self.

Facethefear

I don't feel angry at the world anymore, just disappointed and dismayed at the way the majority of people I have met seem to get through life with the mantra of I, me, mine. A lot of people are stupid, selfish, inconsiderate, damn lazy and egotistical. The law of Karma has never worked for me as I have given and given my whole life and have received so little in return.
The only way I can handle the world is to paste a smile on my face and go out and do my job then come back to my sanctuary where my dog and cat wait and appreciate my return. I work hard as a caregiver and put up with a lot of "nonsense " - calmly and without complaint - for the money. I will not show them I am affected, in any way, by some people's misdirected anger and ridiculous expectations ( that I usually achieve) but it is draining. I doubt it will change - only endured.
I await retirement or a winning lottery ticket so I can retreat from the world and spend the remainder of my life in solitary peacefulness.
You know the expression "If you can't beat them, join them" ? My take is "If you can't beat them, get far away from them and don't give them your phone number". the end..

SR287

I have tried recently to attempt to simply fake being happy. I recently stopped being friends with the last person I actually spent time with because she was extremely selfish and left owing us a lot of money.. The only thing I can do to not break is live day to day and try to be happy. So much in my life is unsatisfying all I can do is fake happiness day to day by keeping busy and trying to think of nothing.