Does anybody on here have zero real friends?

F0AM

No, i have two best Friends, we are always together and i know i can count on them because they're always there in those bad moments, their names are fear and anxiety.

But seriously, i have one friend and a very good one i must admit and i dont know how lol.
I have tried to make friends a lot of times and tho i've met some really nice folks, i always feel like it is more of a chore than something i really enjoy so everytime i open myself to someone and start to develope some kind of friendship, i end up ruining everything by acting distant. One part of me blames me and feels like shit but the other part is like "were you really enjoing that?" I don't know, maybe im so used to being alone that company makes me feel weird :/

Sometimes i dont even understand myself

Persian-Cat-Room-Guardian.jpg

lily

No, i have two best Friends, we are always together and i know i can count on them because they're always there in those bad moments, their names are fear and anxiety.

But seriously, i have one friend and a very good one i must admit and i dont know how lol.
I have tried to make friends a lot of times and tho i've met some really nice folks, i always feel like it is more of a chore than something i really enjoy so everytime i open myself to someone and start to develope some kind of friendship, i end up ruining everything by acting distant. One part of me blames me and feels like shit but the other part is like "were you really enjoing that?" I don't know, maybe im so used to being alone that company makes me feel weird :/

Yeah that's why social anxiety is hard b/c you get people who will be distant to you that you would like to talk to and it's hard to get people you would like to talk to and can relate to, to talk to bc of the fear and anxiety.

PeterO

Interesting question. I have one very good friend, my wife. But while I have some close online/Facebook friends, who I know would be happy to help me in a crisis, I don't really know if I think of them as "real friends" because I'd be afraid to reach out.

I like your avatar (-= !!! OOOH MY EYES!

I have 0 friends.

edit : oh wait I forgot some numbers next to that zero, blame the cat I guess, he blinded me a bit

lily

the cat really looks 1/2 cat and a bit of a monkey, i don't want to talk about that anyway :perfect:

F0AM

From the creators of "Blue/White dress" and "yanni/laurel"....Coming Soon to the theaters: is It a Cat or a monkey?! :bigsmile:

1 why the Avatar? - always wanted to have a gif as my avatar and i really liked this one, so mesmerizing O_O

2 why the username? - well thats a very interesting story It all started back in 1996 i was investigating some murders, corpses started to pile up and that ******* was always one step ahead, but that was until that day, the day of the phone call, It wasDoNt MiSs ThE NexT WeEk EpIsOdE!!

Sigh...still wonder how did i manage to have a friend

From the creators of "Blue/White dress" and "yanni/laurel"....Coming Soon to the theaters: is It a Cat or a monkey?! :bigsmile:

1 why the Avatar? - always wanted to have a gif as my avatar and i really liked this one, so mesmerizing O_O

2 why the username? - well thats a very interesting story It all started back in 1996 i was investigating some murders, corpses started to pile up and that ******* was always one step ahead, but that was until that day, the day of the phone call, It wasDoNt MiSs ThE NexT WeEk EpIsOdE!!

Sigh...still wonder how did i manage to have a friend

I like your avatar too, it's funny when people put gifs instead of static images.

grapevine

That is a funky white furball with a complex issue.

For 16 years im afraid to say,From age 17 to something like 33. I basically had old school friends I never visited and perhaps saw once every 5 or so years like once or so. I basically just had my parents. ( Altho I had a skit within one year of meeting an online predator and flying to his place- that's another story.)

It wasn't until I was forced into a job that I actually started to let my guard down and be social and I really only did that with rugs the guy from my work and some old ladies. Now I so.ci.alise every day with rugs. If it weren't for him being persistent, I guess Id be alone again for some time. When Im low in self-esteem, I feel no energy to pursue friendships. Its taken me so long to figure out what was holding me back from being social. All the specifics. But I know what I have to do. And alot of it is self care and pursueing my interests, gettng my confidence up and then pushing myself into new social avenues.

Ive been around people that have brain damage and so on. At my work there were people that had issues with sense in their talking and things like that. Yet they were able to pursue and active social life. And it makes it feel comforting that all types of people are in involved in social groups. That it can be a low key thing and not a huge deal.

Last edited:

lily

i was so happy when i had at least one or two friends forever.. but then i found out that 1 of them i really couldn't be friends with anymore b/c she was a really bad enough friend.. if i found out the # of one of my close friend before then i'd still have a friend but it doesn't feel the same anymore, like we'd connect normally b/c i have a lot of anxiety.

lily

i thought i made a friend when i was hospitalized for having a lot of anxiety about a situation but it turns out now she's not really my friend.