Does anybody actually care about anybody else anymore

Alienated

I'm almost 50 now and all alone on Earth, never married, no kids, and all my family is dead. I have gone to 30 Churches in my area, and can't find 1 person I would trust to call the cops if I was laying in the street bleeding to death. They make me feel as welcome as a STD, nobody will even talk with me. I have lived in isolation for 7 years now, and I am loosing any hope of finding just 1 friend.

Life SUCKS !!

Odo

Banned
I think it gets harder when you're older.

We live in a culture that values youth more than anything else... and it seems the older you get, the less you're worth in the eyes of the general public... people are less forgiving of your faults as you get older, especially when it comes to SA.

Even though it's not exactly awesome for women either, I'd say it's especially bad for men with SA... just because society still expects us to be confident and assertive, and anything less than that is either creepy or a joke. Maybe this will change in the coming decades, but I really doubt it.

I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you... you might want to try traveling somewhere-- you're not too old for that and there are plenty of places where people are welcoming and you won't necessarily feel so out of place.

Steiner

Even though it's not exactly awesome for women either, I'd say it's especially bad for men with SA... just because society still expects us to be confident and assertive, and anything less than that is either creepy or a joke. Maybe this will change in the coming decades, but I really doubt it.

I know that feeling. Who wants to date the beta male?

Odo

Banned
I know that feeling. Who wants to date the beta male?

I don't think we're beta... beta is more like the guy who isn't necessarily the smartest, most ambitious or best-looking, but isn't insecure. He's still easy to talk to, approachable and friendly... he probably has a good sense of humor as well... he probably doesn't have the best job in the world, but realistically speaking he can find someone with similar life goals and probably raise a family in a comfortable, middle-class existence.

We're something else.

Steiner

I don't think we're beta... beta is more like the guy who isn't necessarily the smartest, most ambitious or best-looking, but isn't insecure. He's still easy to talk to, approachable and friendly... he probably has a good sense of humor as well... he probably doesn't have the best job in the world, but realistically speaking he can find someone with similar life goals and probably raise a family in a comfortable, middle-class existence.

We're something else.

I guess we have different definitions of what alpha and beta is.
To me an alpha controls his environment, meanwhile a beta gets controlled by his environment.

Being a social phobic I have a weak control over my environment thus I consider myself a beta chimp.

Steiner

NO.... I know Greek.... Alpha and Omega... beginning and end.

I'm last man on the list, I couldn't get laid at a cat house with a pocket full of money !!

oooohhhh I derped...

Yeah cats don't really take money so I could see it being a little difficult?

Hey cat, your no prostitute get back in yo litter box.

MikeyC

you might want to try traveling somewhere
I agree with this. Travelling somewhere might do you some good, Alienated.

There are caring people in this world, but I believe that your perception is glued to the negatives of people. You can't see the niceness when you're always expecting and noticing the bad, even if it's not there.

MikeyC

I'm American.... I can't stand Americans... And 3/4 of the rest of the world can't stand Americans.... I got a big BULL'S EYE on my a**, where ever I go.

Do you want to know why 70% of Americans are addicted to some drug, and the rest are perverts.... Because they can't even stand themselves...
The rest of the world hating Americans is a total myth. You will be welcomed in Australia, that's for sure.

Alienated

I know and appreciate you trying to cheer me up... I really do. But there is going alone too...

All I really want is to be loved, needed, and wanted, and it doesn't matter where I go or what I do.... I'm obsolete .... I'm a realist and that's the problem....

I don't live in a fantasy land like the rest of the world that thinks emotional experience replaces reality, and truth is what you feel.

I have traveled to 41 of the 50 main states, and I'm not rich. Nor am I in the best of health. I am out of options, and nobody really give a damn to lift a finger to help themselves anymore... let alone anybody else.... That's reality .... it sucks, but look out the window and watch them kill each other for kicks...

MikeyC

I know and appreciate you trying to cheer me up... I really do. But there is going alone too...

All I really want is to be loved, needed, and wanted, and it doesn't matter where I go or what I do.... I'm obsolete .... I'm a realist and that's the problem....

I don't live in a fantasy land like the rest of the world that thinks emotional experience replaces reality, and truth is what you feel.

I have traveled to 41 of the 50 main states, and I'm not rich. Nor am I in the best of health. I am out of options, and nobody really give a damn to lift a finger to help themselves anymore... let alone anybody else.... That's reality .... it sucks, but look out the window and watch them kill each other for kicks...
Nothing I say is going to change your mind, but just hang in there, mate. Do things that you enjoy, whatever they may be, and don't worry about any derision you may get from others.

I will also say that the awfulness you see on the news is not the ultimate reality. Showing the good in people doesn't bring in the viewers, you see.

Steiner

Nothing I say is going to change your mind, but just hang in there, mate. Do things that you enjoy, whatever they may be, and don't worry about any derision you may get from others.

I will also say that the awfulness you see on the news is not the ultimate reality. Showing the good in people doesn't bring in the viewers, you see.

Aw yes the media! They make their money on misfortune. "Aw shit its a hurricane, 50 people dead probably many more. STAY TUNED"

People are more likely to tune into that than " Women saves a puppy from a tree."

Alienated

I have made finding truth my life for the last 7 years, after a life threatening experience.... And truth isn't wanted by anyone anywhere.

Nothing today is as it appears ... It's all a illusion made by delusional narcissists, and ego maniac's... We are all SCREWED... and it's only going to get worse.

Flanscho

Well, my advice is to get some hobbies you can do with others, or do public courses where you can learn new things together with others. That way you get to know people with whom you already have something in common.

nicole1

I've learned...not many people are worth it and sometimes a good book fills the gap that some people do.

Also, people come and go and someday...if you're not hiding yourself away, you may actually meet people. You may not get the close relationships, but maybe find a meetup group with those with shared interests?

I found one...that I rarely go out with... BUT I have a job and will meet more people now... Yay.