Do you think this is true?

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
No offense to your mother, but telling you "only smart people can solve it" is stupid. You can't judge people's intelligence with one silly riddle:

- Not all brains work the same

- You're right, it's a lot clearer with the fishing

- Good job mom, now your daugther thinks she's stupid. Parents are so clueless sometimes.

No, I don't think that riddle, or any other in particular can determine how smart you are. There isn't even a consensus on how to define and classify intelligence. And it certainly played against you that you had you woke up.

It is good that you're doing good at school, and the grades show that you probably have a good logical-mathematical intelligence. And you wrote down well your post so I don't think you're dumb at all, don't let this get to you.

chev

Do not think you're dumb just because you did not solve this right away. There are so many riddles out there like these that people use to test people's intelligence, but that does not mean people who can't solve them are dumb. One riddle that might be super easy to you might be something super difficult to someone else. You have a great GPA, so you are definitely a smart person!

MikeyC

It's just a riddle. Don't judge your entire intellect on it because even you know that's silly.

I wouldn't have gotten the answer had you not said it.

laure15

Don't feel bad about this. There are different types of intelligences in this world. For instance I'm good with computers, mediocre with chemistry, and bad at physics. There's also social intelligence, emotional intelligence, etc. Everyone's good at something and bad at something.

PS:I didn't get the answer. I also thought calculations were involved.