Do you think the woman should be punished for her inappropriate remark?

Should the woman be punished for shouting inappropriate remarks to victims family?

• Yes

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A young man has been arrested for the murder of a 79yr old man. He's found guilty and is serving his sentence. He said he did just for the fun of it.. The victims family is so devastated by the tragedy, the killers family is also upset because he's being sentenced. In fact the family is so upset that outside the courtroom the killers mother shouts an inappropriate remark to the victims family, and this is what she shouted
The man was 79yrs old anyway! Do you think he's going to live forever!
the rest of the killers family laughed along her most hideous shocking remark on top of it. I'm sure the victims family was furious and let her and the others have it. What the woman really deserves is to be arrested for shouting such an inappropriate statement. I don't think it's right for anybody to shout such hideous remarks no matter how upset they are, and that woman should be punished for it! Making outstanding remarks @ the victims family especially in court will only make things worse..

mrb

hmmmm you have to wonder about the mentality of some people dont you .... he done it for the fun of it did he :confused: what kind of person does that for fun , lets hope someone takes a dislike to him in prison and gives him some of his own medicine :mad:

hmmmm you have to wonder about the mentality of some people dont you .... he done it for the fun of it did he :confused: what kind of person does that for fun , lets hope someone takes a dislike to him in prison and gives him some of his own medicine :mad:
I totally agree, and that goes the same for that big mouth mother of his.. Karma's a Btch!

Last edited:
A young man has been arrested for the murder of a 79yr old man. He's found guilty and is serving his sentence. He said he did just for the fun of it.. The victims family is so devastated by the tragedy, the killers family is also upset because he's being sentenced. In fact the family is so upset that outside the courtroom the killers mother shouts an inappropriate remark to the victims family, and this is what she shoutedthe rest of the killers family laughed along her most hideous shocking remark on top of it. I'm sure the victims family was furious and let her and the others have it. What the woman really deserves is to be arrested for shouting such an inappropriate statement. I don't think it's right for anybody to shout such hideous remarks no matter how upset they are, and that woman should be punished for it! Making outstanding remarks @ the victims family especially in court will only make things worse..

I don't study Law formally, but it sounds as if they're purposely aggravating the family. Just insults in general can be an offense depending on the country's legal system. I'm pretty sure that in many countries, what they did would certainly be an offense. The killer's mother would be fined and maybe even imprisoned. In other countries though, it might not be an offense.

Personally, if it were up to me, I'd give a very hefty fine to the killer's mother and demand them to pay for additional monetary compensation to the victim's family.

dooby-duck

She sounds like a very ignorant woman with a messed up family. Sounds like they expect murderers to be let off if they kill old people.

Ignace

I watched that on TV a looong while ago. If I was the victim's son I was going to kill that mother. No seriously, how respectless can you get ?

As disrespectful as the comment was, freedom of speech is for everyone.
Well that kind of freedom of speech almost got her @$$ kicked and that type of speech should have had her locked up and be slapped with a hefty fine. IMO that speech is an act of criminal behavior..

Cold Blood

Dude, that woman is a total fuсking bitch, as was the rest of their family for sure. Especially the man who had committed the crime. I don't think she should be jailed though, only because that really isn't an option. Punished? Yeah. if there is another way around it. Unfortunately though, there's a lot of people out there like that. I've seen it all the time, and the justice system is whack.

Last edited:

Luke1993

Well that kind of freedom of speech almost got her @$$ kicked and that type of speech should have had her locked up and be slapped with a hefty fine. IMO that speech is an act of criminal behavior..

The question is though where do you draw the line?

Felgen

There are groups saluting Richard Kuklinski on Facebook and there are neo-nazi web-sites. Should people who join a Richard Kuklinski fan group or subscribe to a neo-nazi newsletter be arrested as well?

Luke1993

Sorry for confusion, this is what I mean:

You say that the woman should be arrested because what she said was criminal behaviour and it offended the victim's family greatly.

But I could be just as badly offended by someone calling me an idiot. Different people get offended by different things. Should the person who called me an idiot get arrested too?

The point is, what should be classed as offensive or non-offensive? How can you judge someone's sentence and fines on how harsh certain words are? Where do you draw the line?

mads

We should only punish people for what they do and not what they say, even if it is very inappropriate. I am sure the media will punish her the way they normally do, and that can be much worse than anything else.

iason

What the woman shouted is gross, but I think that she didn't committed any actionable wrong. She probably was out of herself because of the situation, so I would not justify her, but compassionate her for that... So yes it was horrible and inappropriate and stupid to say, but probably she was desperate and further I'd generally be very cautious to punish for just words being said, so my answer is no.

iason

The point is, what should be classed as offensive or non-offensive? How can you judge someone's sentence and fines on how harsh certain words are? Where do you draw the line?

The point is exactly that one. The behavior of the woman it is not an assault, neither in the widest possible interpretation of "assault", because it is totally indirect. So can't be prosecuted, in any way. Further, if the victim's familiars would sue the woman in tort for slander, they would lose, not least for the lack of damage/material loss.
No way, it is fully unimpeachable from a legal perspective, even in the case someone would be felt physically ill, as from a mental shock or something, caused by that shouting. Rather, it is fully despisable ethically, and in fact the only punishment that could be legally inflicted to this woman is a full and public despise.

What the woman shouted is gross, but I think that she didn't committed any actionable wrong.

How can you judge someone's sentence and fines on how harsh certain words are?

What the mother did was way out of line.. She was being very spitefull along with the rest of the family which makes her an idiot and should be punished! It's like she's saying that the victim deserves to die for a certain reason. How would you feel if one of your family members gets killed and the other family member makes a nasty remark on top of it? What she did was add salt to an open wound..

Last edited: