do you sometimes do things you know will depress you?

truffleshuffle

Do you have a tendency to do things that make you depressed and know it but you still do it? I am a guy who loves all kinds of movies and loves chick flixs and rom-coms but I know that those movies make me depressed thinking why can;t i find a relationship but I still can;t help but watch them.

MNM322

OMG a guy who loves Rom Coms!!! YAY..they DO exist ;)

I can be sometimes....I am the same way about Rom Coms... and even TV shows with awesome couples in them....

Siegfried

i like that kind of movies... and i feel exactly the same way, i just feel kind of sad after watching them... because i can't find a girl or a relationship like the one in the movie, i don't know...

springk

yup..the same. i know there is no chance of fairy tale romance of movies still watch them.
also spendin useless hours on internet..

truffleshuffle

OMG a guy who loves Rom Coms!!! YAY..they DO exist ;)

I can be sometimes....I am the same way about Rom Coms... and even TV shows with awesome couples in them....
Rom Coms are my secret shame or not so secret now lol. I actualy got into nextflix and they have a wide arangement of them And I actualy found alot of international rom coms I love even if the comedy is a bit dry. I was actualy shocked at likeing some of the bollywood stuff because i was never into musicals that much.

truffleshuffle

yup..the same. i know there is no chance of fairy tale romance of movies still watch them.
also spendin useless hours on internet..

well for me If its uplifting It may still depress me but not by alot only if i think I wish that was me but if the ending is something I was not exspecting it can have a huge impact on my mood for a day or even two.

springk

well for me If its uplifting It may still depress me but not by alot only if i think I wish that was me but if the ending is something I was not exspecting it can have a huge impact on my mood for a day or even two.

romances usually end with a kissing scene in a movie..happy ever after

truffleshuffle

Coming to this forum and similar places is one of them.
I am new and so far its has not been depressing for me it actualy feels good to talk about stuff with people for me anyway but thats becasue i don;t have many people to vent how I feel to with my same issues.

tamercloud

I watch this anime called Welcome to NHK. I love it because it has a relatable main character who is a shut-in and a loner, but man does it really get me depressed. I can't watch more than one episode in a sitting.

Rom-coms have almost the same affect on me. I like them, but I don't watch them anymore.

Bugs

You're cool :bigsmile: I only know few men who loves rom-coms. I also love all kinds of movies, haha... we got something in common there.

recluse

i come on this forum and another and i enjoy reading the negative self hating posts more than the sickly sweet ones. I guess its good to know im not the only person feelin s*itty about myself. I also obsess over a girl who does not love me back.

truffleshuffle

i come on this forum and another and i enjoy reading the negative self hating posts more than the sickly sweet ones. I guess its good to know im not the only person feelin s*itty about myself. I also obsess over a girl who does not love me back.
I thhink we all tend to obsess over a person that dosen;t have any real emotion or feelings for us. Although I don;t enjoy reading self hating posts.

U

user deleted

I do it with music. I listen to songs I know will depress me sometimes.

jaim38

I focus on negative thoughts in my head which reinforce the negativity. I think thoughts such as "I hate people" and "Everybody hates me" when in fact, they're not true at all. I do like some people (my family, friends) and certainly not everyone in the world hates me. Sometimes, I daydream about suffering and torture, though such daydreams are not as prevalent anymore.