• Yes

Votes: 38 84.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Who?

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters

gate

No, but I do like a few of their songs. They are a little overrated. Dark Side Of The Moon was a fluke. A glorious fluke, but a fluke nonetheless. Everything they did before and after Dark Side of the moon is subpar.

I am a bigger fan of Syd Barrett's solo work and David Gilmour's On an Island album.

Last edited:

N0D

Banned
No, but I do like a few of their songs. They are a little overrated. Dark Side Of The Moon was a fluke. A glorious fluke, but a fluke nonetheless. Everything they did before and after Dark Side of the moon is subpar.

I am a bigger fan of Syd Barrett's solo work and David Gilmour's On an Island album.

Wasn't a fluke. Echoes was epic. All of wish you were here was on par with dark side. Animals is one of my personal favorites, and The Wall was kind of dragged out but has some really powerful songs. After that it fell off for the most part with occasional songs standing out.

...I am now going to go listen to Echoes and when I get back I am going to argue more in a frustrated manner. Subpar...meh.

N0D

Banned
I also want to mention, my dogs name is Syd and my cats names are Pink and Floyd.

Last edited:
Definitely, as you can tell from my signature! LOVE LOVE LOVE Pink Floyd. The kind of music and lyrics you just get lost in.

worrywort

aaargh, I don't get Pink Floyd! Sorry, I'm not a fan! They're one of those bands that I feel like I should love cause everybody else seems to adore them and I usually love alternative, experimental type rock but I'm afraid I'm yet to hear a Pink Floyd song that I actually like. In fact they usually frustrate me! I dunno if anybody's seen the British version of "The Office" where Ricky Gervais whips out his guitar in one episode and starts singing, but this is pretty much all I hear when I listen to Pink Floyd!...but I'm definitely open to having my mind changed, if anyone knows of any awesome Floyd songs I may not have heard!

YouTube - David Brent : Free Love On The Freelove Freeway...

Feathers

I LOVE 2 of their songs lol.. I still voted Yes cause I love'em VERY much ha ha..

I'm not a full-fledged fanatic though and admit some of that stuff was bad too, and - stay away from drugs everyone! Remember what happened to you-know-who!!

Who doesn't like Pink Floyd?? unless you exclusively listen to rap. I do refuse to listen to Pink Floyd anymore because they are such a good band I don't wanna wear myself out on the music itself. Maybe 10 years down the road I will listen to it again.

I've been listening to them almost non-stop for the past two weeks and I'm worried I'll get sick of them. I did this with The Smiths.