• Yes

Votes: 38 84.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Who?

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters

I'm Not There

It's a shame very few people know about their 60s albums including Syd Barrett, such as The Piper at the Gates of Dawn, A Saucerful of Secrets and Ummagumma.
Most Pink Floyd fans prefer the music from the post-Syd era.

It's a shame very few people know about their 60s albums including Syd Barrett, such as The Piper at the Gates of Dawn, A Saucerful of Secrets and Ummagumma.
Most Pink Floyd fans prefer the music from the post-Syd era.

The Piper at the Gates of Dawn is a great album.

petrified eyes

Happy birthday Roger!

picture.php

panicsurvivor

No, but I do like a few of their songs. They are a little overrated. Dark Side Of The Moon was a fluke. A glorious fluke, but a fluke nonetheless. Everything they did before and after Dark Side of the moon is subpar.

I am a bigger fan of Syd Barrett's solo work and David Gilmour's On an Island album.

I didn't know that the comic book store guy, from the Simpsons was on this forum. LOL.
Subpar?
I love Pink Floyd, I think they were one of the great ones in rock and roll history.
Now I can understand, if its not your thing you like other kinds of music saying you don't like Pink Floyd, but subpar?
And what is this great Standard that they are not meeting?
Subpar?
Gimme a break.

Whychosis

I ADORE Pink Floyd, huge fan. These pictures I took speak on this.

We have a Dark Side of the Moon blanket displayed out our back door too lol

emerald_star733

Always loved them, but it's like I re-discovered them lately. I have been listening to them non-stop for 5 days now. I was really surprised to see the title of this thread on the front page.

Been listening to this for the past 2 hours.

YouTube - Pink Floyd--Pigs (Three Different Ones)--Animals

that would be my fault;) i was searching through old threads to see if there were any i could relate too, so i responded to this one thus, bumping it.
:)

sorrow1

I like the song money. It was one of the first riffs I learnt to play. It has remnded me that I need to listen to all their albums again though. Well there goes an evening of my life.

Shant

Yes, I find their music (especially David Gilmour's influence) to really influence a part of my own guitar playing, as well as my overall composing. In fact, as far as the overall Pink Floyd influence goes, I typically have to restrain myself when it comes to spacey keyboards, whether to or not to use them in a song.

As a result I don't end up using them much, but I know if I had no restraint I'd have at least one keyboard on every song I'm writing, unless there's only one instrument in the song (like a solo piano sonata... actually, that could still be considered a keyboard...)

Right now I only have Meddle, Dark Side of the Moon, and The Wall, unfortunately. I have more on my ever-growing to-get list...

Kiwong

I like some of their songs, but I can't say I love them. I suppose I should find it disturbing that many of the songs of the Wall album speak to my depression.