• Light

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • Dark

Votes: 55 65.5%
  • Don't really have a sense of humor.

Votes: 9 10.7%

• Total voters

AsTimeBurns

Mostly sarcasm, insults or my personal favourite (which no-one ever gets) is to say something ridiculous in a very deadpan and serious way to try and convince them you are being serious when you're not.

coyote

...my personal favourite (which no-one ever gets) is to say something ridiculous in a very deadpan and serious way to try and convince them you are being serious when you're not.

yeah, this is mine, too

it often tends to backfire on me

coyote

I do that a lot too irl

Most of the times people think I'm crazy and slowly step back :p

i wan to believe that the more outrageous it is, the better chance people will realize i'm spoofing and think it's funny, but i'm always amazed to find that the more ridiculous it is, the more people seem to think i'm serious

MrJones

i wan to believe that the more outrageous it is, the better chance people will realize i'm spoofing and think it's funny, but i'm always amazed to find that the more ridiculous it is, the more people seem to think i'm serious
I guess it's that "you never know, people are strange" :p

Agent_Violet

all i can do is snortgiggle to this bc i know exactly how true that is for you.

as for me...dark humor all the way.

upndwn

I like all kinds of humor from the goofiest slapstick, to the darkest irony. Mostly I tend to be pretty sarcastic which alienates a lot of people. I have to say intelligent and clever humor probably are my favorites.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I don't know what a 'light' sense of humor is? Can somebody explain to me.

I tend to think of it as silliness or lighthearted fun. I remember in high school there were some girls that would go online and find funny pictures of cats and start laughing hysterically, that is the extreme of light humor I think. More on the innocent side, I think the less likely it is someone would be hurt/offended/insulted by the joke the more "light" it is. You could probably throw in that they are more blunt and less manipulative as well. When it comes to humor it's probably on a spectrum, where most lie somewhere between light and dark.

That being said, I like sarcasm, wit, and cleverness. Probably more on the light side.

Phoenixx

Since I can be very sarcastic most of the time I put dark, even though I'm both. I can have a very childish and stupid sense of humor sometimes. Most of the time I still laugh at fart jokes and puns and I still watch cartoons and laugh.

Also, this thread reminded me what I found on my receipt today, which totally cracked me up.

14a5oo.jpg

Like I said, I have such a stupid sense of humor. :rolleyes:::p:

AGR

I think i have a bit of both but more dark

Light- laughing at puns, fart jokes, witty replies, and ect.

Dark- lauging at jokes at other people's expense, sarcasm, pain, and failures

Well I dont know where I would fall,I dont laugh at puns,fart jokes,but I laugh at witty replies and some people told me that I am hilarious.

I dont laugh or make jokes about others for no reason,even until a while back I wouldnt even dare to think about it,but I was the only one who did this and no one cared and it made me the target,so now I do but most of the times I keep those thoughts to myself.

Roman Legion

I have a VERY dark sense of humour.. Kinda demented at times, but that is just me.. Speaking of which, time for me to go check out cyanide and happiness.. :)