Do you have an older sibling that makes fun of you?

MikeyC

You are right, Mikey. It is very difficult. I know it is best for me not to have him in my life, but part of me still feels bad about it.
Of course you'll feel bad, but I would like to hope rational reasoning overpowers guilt here.

You are too kind. My sister, although she has problems, is just so friendly and easygoing. She has had normal life experiences too. Some which I will never have.
My brother and I grew up in the same house but he turned out relatively okay and I'm struggling. Your sister may be like my brother in that regard.

razzle dazzle rose

Of course you'll feel bad, but I would like to hope rational reasoning overpowers guilt here.

True. I have feared for my life on more than one occasion. Perhaps my brother suffers with depression and it translates into violent bursts of anger. Everyone has a reason for being the way they are. But I am no punching bag.

My brother and I grew up in the same house but he turned out relatively okay and I'm struggling. Your sister may be like my brother in that regard.

Yes! This. Why did I turn out so ****ed up? Well, I actually know the answer to that but it still doesn't make me feel better. It is just the way it is.

MikeyC

True. I have feared for my life on more than one occasion. Perhaps my brother suffers with depression and it translates into violent bursts of anger. Everyone has a reason for being the way they are. But I am no punching bag.
You are certainly no punching bag. Whatever his reasoning is isn't good enough. You don't deserve to be treated so poorly.

Yes! This. Why did I turn out so ****ed up? Well, I actually know the answer to that but it still doesn't make me feel better. It is just the way it is.
Aw, I'm sorry. I think I know the answer for me, too (school). Thing is, there were certain heavy issues in our house growing up that my brother witnessed and had to deal with, too. I guess he had a better system for coping, but I haven't.

Srijita52

I've an older cousin who's quite opposite of me. He never made fun of me(we never really talked) but I was always compared to him eg. for not being perfect. All these years I was mad at him for no reason, its just recently I've been feeling guilty for doing that cos he can't be blamed for being who he is.

Feeling_Nothing

Older, no a younger one, yes, she is completely opposite from me (my sister) and we litteraly have NOTHING in common besides the fact that we live in the same house...

Boby

I don't have brothers or sisters,I have 4 cousins:eek:ne is 11 years younger than me so we don't interact to much,another is 11 years older so again little to no interaction,while the other 2 are almost the same age as me.The irony is that one of them is a extroverted/out going person but she is really nice to me we are actually good friends,while the other one it was an even bigger loser than me but let's say he had some successes in the last couple of years and he started acting like an a$$hole and douchebag to me even though I was really nice to him when he was in a even worse situation than me.

Roman Legion

Yeah, my oldest brother makes fun of me constantly.. He still asks "Why aren't you speaking" when we are in public and calls me OCD because I have an obsessive need to clean and keep clean. He makes fun of how slow I walk due to my bilateral knee injuries. Constantly calls me names and when he gets in my room picks up everything in sight which really irritates me. He critisizes me for not dating and he has had a failed engagement and been divorced. There are a ton more things he does and it really gets on my nerves. My other brother I compare to Kramer on Seinfeld as he just barges on in to my room (If I don't lock the door, which I am very good at remembering.) and talks about nothing and I don't want to be apart of his one sided conversation. He also picks stuff in my room up and I have to walk through his room to go down stairs and his room is a real big mess, I cleaned most of his room up because I could no longer stand it and he never finished it and it is REALLY nasty.. I wish they would all leave me alone and keep their living areas clean.. I'm sure I am forgetting some major things, but I'll add them if I remember anything else..

LadyWench

I'm sorry you have to deal with that. :( That's awful. It sounds very childish and hurtful on her part. Not fair at all.

My sister (older than me by eight years) doesn't really make fun of me, but she does get extremely irritated and frustrated with my issues. She always has. If I started to have a panic attack, she would get angry at me and ignore me. She's the type of person that always has to be the center of attention, though. She would even get mad at me over silly things, like if her [now husband] talked to me. She's always hated and resented me and I honestly have no clue why. It hurts.

Tahti

I have an older brother who can be extremely mean. All he talks about is conspiracy theories, and if I even try to voice a different opinion, he gets extremely angry and says very nasty things (too nasty to say on here). Most of the times when he gets crazy, it's when he is drunk. I ignore the majority of what he says now, but there was one time where he really hurt my feelings. This happened when I had to come back home, from my former college. I really hated myself because I was not able to live on campus; it was really hard for me to interact with anyone. He got mad at my mom, since she was kicking him out, and he went ballistic. He went on how I was a worthless, pathetic loser, who couldn't even stay in college. Also he said that I would not amount to anything. Many times when my brother gets mad, he likes to blame and harass me. I think this time his comments bothered me because I partially believed this was true. I know he only says things like this because he is very insecure about himself. All he does is mooch off of people and complains when you don't give him money for liquor or cigarettes. I may not have accomplished a lot, but I am in college again, and I don't beg money off of anyone. Negative people, like my brother, only feed off of other people's misery.