Do you have a passion?

mmmm

You know when people tell you to be yourself and follow your passion? I honestly don't know if I have a passion. It's not like I get out all the time and immerse myself in life-altering activities, so I probably haven't experienced my calling yet. But it goes deeper than that. People say you recognise something you are passionate about because it makes your blood pump and keeps you up with new ideas and won't leave you alone and stuff like that. Well all that would be fabulous if those weren't the exact symptoms of anxiety I spend my life trying to avoid. It's like, as soon as I have an experience that i can get excited about, my body immediately recognises excitement as a bad thing and i have to dumb down and dim down because i'll feel like i'm having heart failure or something. Is it too much to want to experience good things as if they are good things? I really feel like i have something worthwhile to offer and i'm sick of holding back out of my body's "fear reflexes"

Lorraine Manca

I have a passion for literature. I know what you mean a little i think. Sometimes i get overwhelmed with the fact I cant read everything in one life time or that I can't completely understand it, especially T.S. Eliot. I even get sad that the men who wrote it are long dead! your passion will find you if you keep an eye out.

BlackKids

My passion is for music and writing songs. I love playing any instrument. I like the challenge and kinda gives me a purpose.

I strongly relate to your feelings. Im not quite sure yet what I really enjoy. But I need to find out. I may even need help.

My two biggest passions are snowboarding in the winter and mountain biking in the summer! Even if I'm doing them alone they're still so amazingly fun and a great way to escape from the stresses of everyday life :)

recluse

My new passion is clay pigeon shooting. I get a buzz out of it especially when i am doing well.

It depends what you mean by passion. I'm interested in some things, but don't have a passion for any in particular.

I used to wish I had an all-consuming one to distract me from my troubles and the tedium of everyday life, but now I'm not so sure. It seems like there's a big psychological price to pay, having all of your energies and sense of meaning tied to one thing.

I'd consider most of the things in the above comments hobbies rather than passions. Hobbies are okay. Passions are more like obsessions, callings, or missions. You have little choice but to pursue them, whatever measure of joy or suffering they bring you.

I like fishing and riding my bike. :)

mmmm

thanks guys! Art seems popular. Maybe I'll try that and discover some untapped genious. I wish we had snowboarding around here like freestyle. that looks like so much fun on TV