do you have a 'life'?

Facethefear

Work, eat, sleep, pay bills, take dog for a walk, work, surf the web, work, take a bath, read a book, work, pay bills, take out the garbage, clean the house, work, put gas in the car, buy food, work, pay bills, wash my hair, water the plants, hug the cat, work, pay bills, check phone messages, check e-mail, work, pay bills.

I have it pretty good for an Avoidant. I have a good job, a house, and a loving dog. I also have some interests which get me out of my cave, such as hiking. What I lack are friends, particularly the female kind. So yes, I have a life, but it's a rather lonely existence at times.

Last edited:

Labyrinthine

I work and skate. Both take up virtually all my time, but if I do have free time, I actually try to take my dog hiking. I've started agility with my dog recently. I volunteer at a rescue, but it's all online work. As soon as I get my illness more under control, I'm going to start college.

I just have zero friends. Unless you count my dog, of course. >.<

Watched a doco about jail inmates today, and realized that my life is very much like being in prison (spend most of time in same 4 walls (cell), never going abroad, making-do with bare essentials, "basic" surrounds). And worse in some regards (i spend way more time in my "isolation cell", most days i have zero social contact, have no social-life at all, no exercise/sunlight most days)

HeadFace

I don't have a life:
No friends, no real talents/skills, no job, no major hobbies. I sit around playing games, listening to music, browsing the internet, ir watching anime. And lately anime has just been burning out for me. So there's one of my last hobbies nearly gone.

GraybeardGhost

I'm new here, and kind of insecure about it, but I've been advised to just jump on in, so here goes.

What is a life? If it's "air goes in and out and blood goes 'round and 'round," then I'm doing all right. If it's "eat, sleep, eat again, then take a little nap," I'm really living it up! But if it's more than that, if it's friends and work and hobbies and (dare I say it?) love, then it must be someone else's life, because it surely doesn't belong to me. This morning I had a chat with my best (and, I sometimes suspect, only) friend about a minor business matter. She has no idea we talked, however, because the whole conversation took place in my imagination. I do that a lot. I spent a little time playing the mandolin, too, but again, only in my head. I haven't touched the real thing in years—can't even bring myself to open the case. How bad is it when a guy can't even approach an inanimate object anymore? Employment (by myself or by others) has been out of the question for a few years, and I'm afraid romance caught the midnight train a long, long time ago.

I did manage to write out most of a new poem yesterday, so I guess that's something. If it turns out well, I may post it on Facebook, so it can be ignored along with all the rest. Also, I just started reading a new book, which seems pretty good so far. That's something, too, but is it enough? Does it constitute a life? Whatever this mode of being is, I'm mired in it up to my eyeballs, which makes viewing it objectively a challenge. So, am I alive or merely breathing? You tell me.

Last edited:

Foxface

None. I'm a ghost. I live a life, nobody cares or understands. No one gives a crap about what happens. I have family, who don't understand me, I have a car and a I still live with my folks, is what I'm thankful for.

It could be worse. But it already is bad, so I don't think about what could be worse. My hands are tide behind my back. I have a curse that pretty much controls my life. I'm just along for the ride.

The curse is steering this ship. I literally have no friends, and don't see how I could. I'm way too unattractive and have poor social.communication skills. I can never say what I really want to say properly becuase of it. Everytime I try to explain something, people are left with confusion, misunderstand what I said, which ends up in a fight/debate. I'm pretty deep in the barrol I'd say.

Girl problems are the worst thing for me, besides my social/communication skills. I wish I was gay, so I wouldn't care what girls thought of me. Like I said, the curse controls everything, as well as things besides me, like people thoughts towards me. It gives them vibes/signs or whatever. I'm just along for the ride.

Bubo

What life I did have is quickly collapsing around me. I can barely stand being around what few friends I have. I have no job and don't have much drive to get another one. I spend most days in my folks' basement, watching tv or playing video games or surfing the web. I don't enjoy half the stuff I used to, and I have no real skills.

So nope nope, no life to speak of.

Gaucho

nop, not really.

i realized that for so long time I'm scared of making friends. I'm always going to this one place everyday to play some sports, but when someone asks to do something different and might want to become a friend i get nervous and "run" away. its like I'm too scared of making friends because my mind is telling me i won't enjoy it anyways. like if i can't predestinate a perfect friendship i will reject the person. that is so miserable.

Flanscho

Depends.

Most of my workdays consist of getting up, working, getting home, cooking and spending the rest of the evening with gaming, programming and reading. There is maybe a 25% chance, that on that evening something else will happen, involving other people. Like board games, going for a swim, or just meeting up for a chat.

The weekends consist mostly of the same, minus the work, plus a video evening at friends.

I guess in the average, every three weeks something additional happens. A party, a festival, vacation, and so on.

So, I'm quite reclusive, but things improved slightly over the years.

Scorpiiious

I'm studying part-time at University. I enjoy it but I'm afraid of doing distance next term.

Wednesdays are my 'study days' at home. But I find most of the time I'll be playing League of Legends.. or being side tracked by other things, like cleaning the house.

I live with my bf who works full time. But he spends a lot of time doing things on the computer. Sometimes I wish I had more friends who I could go see and hang out with :/