Do you guys have other goals in life besides conquering social anxiety? :)

EscapeArtist

Maanny.. Maybe I dream a bit haha
Uh, save the planet. Lol. Or live in a way that doesn't hurt the planet..
to still be alive to witness the upcoming environmental revolution (people take awhile to get the hints.. it could be in 100+ years).
See the world (why of course!)
Live with a real tribe
Become an anthropologist orr biologist or work in wildlife conservation or environmental restoration.
Eventually, go raw! Which iss tooo difficult right now.
Go bungee jumping.
Climb a mountain
Meet a group of like minded individuals
Hike across a long distance.. like all of Canada or America. (I had an art teacher that walked across Canada)
See a wolf pack
And mostly... to find a place or group of people that feels like home.

Now.. your turn sevenroses :D

Alison86

Yes, I will be getting my A.S. degree in Technical Communications soon, and then I would like to go to a university to get my B.A. I also want to write books some day and write for a magazine. I've always wanted to do that. I just lack the confidence and social skills because of my social anxiety. I would have a lot more goals accomplished by now if it weren't for my anxiety.

fitftw

I am working on my associates degree for Business...not sure what job I can do with SA. I would absolutely love my own office and not have to go to meetings or do any public speaking.

Iseesky

I want to own lots and lots of cats. And become a child psychologist...or actress. One of the two. Or both. Or neither. To be honest, I'd be happy watching movies all day for the rest of my life.

harlseq

My primary goal in life is to find someone to love... I don't think my social anxiety would bother me as much if I could at least do that. Besides finding love though, I definitely wouldn't mind becoming wealthy and travel the world.

agoraphobickatie

definitely.. i guess my ultimate goal in life is just to be happy. be happy with who i'm with, what i do and where i live... a lot of people accomplish all kinds of crazy sh!t and they're never happy... so yeah.. i'd also like to get back to school soon, get some kind of psychology degree and help people who have struggled with the same things i've been through :)

and as far as 'bucket list' type things.. i'd like to skydive.. soon. i want to travel some.. i've never been to the west coast.. i'd like to visit some nice countries with more to look at than the US.. and i'd like to have sex on the beach.

yup :)

agoraphobickatie

It's not that great. Sand everywhere. Everything so dry from the salty air and such. Though it has been 5 or 6 years since I've done it lol.

i've heard that, haha.. but i don't plan on having salty sand sex... maybe a tent would be cool or something.. or a bigass blanket.. you let me have my fun, fitftw! geeze! haha :D

fitftw

Katie, call me Adam ;)

And I don't mean to spoil your fun. Honest! lol. Go have your fun :) and let me know how it was

fitftw

Well now there's no need to creep my FB, but you might anyway. It's out there in my signature just chillin like 'yo, check me out'. I dunno, it's past 3 in the morning and I'm beyond tired right now. What thread am I in? Oh...um...my goal is to get some sleep. Goodnight.

agoraphobickatie

Well now there's no need to creep my FB, but you might anyway. It's out there in my signature just chillin like 'yo, check me out'. I dunno, it's past 3 in the morning and I'm beyond tired right now. What thread am I in? Oh...um...my goal is to get some sleep. Goodnight.

don't go to sleeeeep.. boooooooo

:)

zav943

I used to be a very ambitious person...I mean, hell, I'm ALMOST done engineering school...but my SA has severely cut into these ambitions.

I'm now not sure what I want out of my life anymore. My social failures are a tremendous setback in everything that I do...EVERYTHING. They haunt me all the time and everywhere I go. I wish I had just ONE person...ONE goddamn friend to stand by my side as I stumble through life.

The last time I had any ambition, I wanted to volunteer in Africa to help alleviate people's extreme poverty there, even share in their misery to show them strength...and just escape from the social environment I am in right now...I'm sure desperately hungry people in Africa won't judge me the same way people here do. I would just give up on ever developing a proper social life and dedicate my life to those people.

Whether that will happen is really a matter of time.