Do you guys have other goals in life besides conquering social anxiety? :)

agoraphobickatie

I used to be a very ambitious person...I mean, hell, I'm ALMOST done engineering school...but my SA has severely cut into these ambitions.

I'm now not sure what I want out of my life anymore. My social failures are a tremendous setback in everything that I do...EVERYTHING. They haunt me all the time and everywhere I go. I wish I had just ONE person...ONE goddamn friend to stand by my side as I stumble through life.

The last time I had any ambition, I wanted to volunteer in Africa to help alleviate people's extreme poverty there, even share in their misery to show them strength...and just escape from the social environment I am in right now...I'm sure desperately hungry people in Africa won't judge me the same way people here do. I would just give up on ever developing a proper social life and dedicate my life to those people.

Whether that will happen is really a matter of time.

i'll be your new bff :)

i've felt recently that i want to really DO something.. anything.. anything different. i guess you just have to make things happen. i plan on making things happen and not worrying about the result. skydiving is in my near future :)