Do you feel ignored on internet forums?

NightTimeForever

I read everyone's posts.

My observations are that I think generally it is strong opinions that are replied to the most.
I can understand how people may feel ignored but I don't think anybody is ignored its just sometimes hard to come up with a response.

Yes, I've often thought that the strongest and most controversial opinions get responded to the most.

What I've also realized with this site, is that social anxiety does not imply low self-esteem, in general. I suppose that's why I feel like the odd man out, on this and many other forums.

NightTimeForever

I don't know if theres a link between SA and self esteem any more than non-SA and self esteem,...that would make an interesting thread. I think you should make that thread. I'd be interested in following it:)

You're right, it would be interesting to delve into, especially in terms of correlations.

Depends what forum it is. I've joined others and I found it hard to get involved in the community in more than a few of them. This is the only one I actually do feel a part of. I had replies to my posts on other forums, but I didn't have a sense of community there - no one really knew me. Maybe if I had stuck around long enough I would have gotten to know them better, but... meh. This one is good enough for its purpose :)

JuiceB

Yea, but I think it's probably because they don't feel like they have anything valuable to add.
This is a good reason why some posts aren't answered and it applies to me as well. When I read through some posts I can empathize with many but I don't know what to say to help them feel better about themselves or their situation.

I don't feel ignored as much I feel that people make the calculated decision not to respond.

Deciding not to respond isn't ignoring after all, it's interaction of the silent unnoticed kind. Which is fine in my case since I usually either make a standalone statement or a joke. And unless you're particularly engaged with either the topic/humour- or me personally, I can imagine it's awkward to respond to.

Interaction is fun- but I don't take it personally when people decide not to.

hexagon_sun

I often get too much attention of the wrong kind... Rarely do I get applause or praise. It's usually heavy stones being thrown and whizzing by my head!

aNOTfox

not really. To be honest I don't seek to be noticed on internet forums, I prefer to read others opinions.

Lea

Banned
Sometimes it is that people quote you because they don´t agree with what you say or you pissed someone off, not because they like you so much. Why should attention be necessarily good?