Do you ever wish you could die?

dyingtolive

I think its very romantic... To die..
To be able to shut off your brain, to be able to have peace..
Its like living happily ever after, or dying happily ever after..
Like said above, its much nicer to just Disappear than to die.
Its harder to die..

But i do sometimes fantasize and make a mental plan to die in the future like in 10 years,
The "plan" looks good in the head when its 10 years away. "10 years away" seems "safe" and "distant"
But to really prepare for it so that I die in peace. And that I die knowing
that it is the best decision that I have, not as an escape but as a choice.

Many peeps die young. Most of our rockstar heroes die young.. Well accidental?? Not 100%

Im just saying my opinions. Its a long debate whether its moral or not.. whatever. But I believe in my heart that I can do what I want with my life. This is my journey and this is my karma. It is my road to travel, with a clear conscience. This is my life to live or die. At least it gives alittle bit of empowerment and it takes guts, courage to actually do something that not everybody can do. And that's something that I feel is empowering about dying that makes it romantic, or gives it more meaning. If I could die saving a life, all the better. If I could donate my body parts, all the better.

But seriously though, its just a fantasy.. Like I'll ever accomplish it

Last edited:

O'Killian

Another thread about death made me remember seeing this one around. I occasionally think about death - accidental, suicide, sacrifice. I tend to play things out in my head a lot, so it doesn't strike me as particularly morbid.

I'm not sure that I fear death - it's certainly a thing, and one that I don't want to happen, but it's there, at the end. If anything, I hold it in contempt; given the choice, I'd take existing every time. I've thought a lot about immortality.

I'll finish up my rambling with a quote from Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. I read this in twelfth grade, and it's actually been in my profile on another forum since then. I'm not 100% sure of the context, but I'm pretty sure this is said near the end, by the monster to Doctor Frankenstein (who has been relentlessly tracking it in order to kill it).

"Life, although it may only be an accumulation of anguish, is dear to me, and I will defend it."

Oblivion will never be an acceptable alternative to me. Maybe that's just my stubbornness talking.

Elisabeast

Constantly. I had a perforated bowel two months ago...stupid doctor sent me home from an ER six days before without treatment. Thought I was abusing the system...said the emergency department was for emergencies.

They butchered me. Removed part of my bowel. I have a colostomy bag. I never believed in surgery.

Since then trying to eat anything has made me sick so I've stopped eating.

I wish I'd just walked out and let nature take its course.:thumbdown:

cazza33

Feel like this alot of the time and even attempted but failed, that's the only thing that stops me trying again.

sunny404

I'm new here-first post. I think I've had more days in my life over the years when I'm wishing I were dead or had a fatal disease or contemplating suicide than not.

Someone asked if suicidal thinking is "normal." I happen to have been trained in clinical psychology and we were taught in grad school that in a large study about 50% of people admitted to seriously considering suicide (for at least 2 weeks, I think) at least once in their life. And you could guess that some just didn't admit it or didn't want to remember that they were so down. I'd say that it is a normal, but agonizing, part of human experience.

Of course, some say that are lucky enough to never think that way. I have a hard time comprehending that myself.

I've come close to following through a couple of times recently (things aren't going well career-wise--I'm unemployed, contemplating a career change, maybe something where I don't have to deal with people so much, and grieving my father's death). Fear stops me, or at least that's what feels like is stopping me at those times (a former therapist claimed it was my will to live). Fear that it will hurt too much, fear that it won't work and I'll have to deal with the consequences.

I had a psychiatrist once who claimed that suicidal thinking could be a sort of addiction--addiction to the idea of escape. He said he knew of a 12 step group for that (I never went).

I had given up on all the various antidepressants I've tried and told myself I'd not do therapy again, since it didn't seem to make that much difference. But, I'm back trying some meds and planning on getting back in therapy.

I definitely fit in the social phobia category, but in several others as well. I collect mental issues, too!

sunny404

Oh, and I wanted to say that reading everyone's posts made me feel less alone, though I'm sorry so many have to struggle with this.

AGR

Yes,I have been thinking about this a lot lately,I see perfectly healthy people,evil people doing whatever they want,and other people love them always "reward" them,while people like my brother or this guy I know/knew never got a chance in life,what is the point?
A few weeks ago I got some really sad news about this guy I knew,he is in a very sad state and I just look around and there is this ******* who gets to be a boss at work,all girls love him,steps over everyone,just does whatever he wants with no consequences,his father doesn't want him,not even his children can trust him,yet he has everything,while people like my brother and the guy I knew never had a chance in life,makes me hate life,hate myself for being human,there is no God,what kind of God would allow this to happen?

Niiña

Yes I do, i d like to die very soon, as soon as possible. I'm not optimistic bout my future I'm stupid nd messy nd ugly

Zaki

All the time, honestly. I don't think I'd be missed much at all. That said, I'm too scared to take myself out.

No. These threads really annoy the shyte out of me. Death is not the nice romantic solution to life you see in the movies. The solution to life is living it. Thats what you do. You choose where your life goes. And everything you do contributes to where you go in life. You are not a victim of your life. You are the only one calling the shots in your life. You write your own story.

I went through the resussitation unit over 25 times last year with my condition. I won't give up my life for anything. Aside from witnessing death in the hospital and dodging it several times, I witnessed it at home. I looked after my mum at home when she was a cancer patient and she died on my watch 5.5 years ago. Death is gruesome and excruciating and absolutely devastating.

The only solution to your life is living it. And if your life is hard, then you're doing it right.

im sorry but all that is a load of premium feel good BS.

Xion

Yeah, sometimes, suicidal thoughts come to my mind.. There was one time I almost killed myself.. I was going to stab a knife in my chest and someone else saw it and stopped me..

pappirappi

Yeah i've been thinking this all the time there's no way to fix myself. I feel I'm a ret@rded person. I wish i could die. I wish I wasn't born.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kiwong

I don't want to die. I'm fearful most of the time, not many people like me, and I seem to be a problem in this human world, but I love this earth, and I love parts of my life, even if it at times it seems impossibly dark.

What I have been through is living, and trying to live is effing hard.

Last edited:

chelseetee

I don't want to commit suicide but if something happens oh well I won't be missed by many people anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who says creation/birth is "good" & destruction/death is "bad"?. Why its US HUMANS of course. We could equally have decided to label birth as bad (or not as good) & death as good!!!. Without us, NOTHING would be good or bad - it would just be as it is....

defiance

It crosses my mind all the time. I could never commit suicide personally because it would hurt my family and i cannot imagine the thought of them going through that kind of pain because of me. The point would be to end my pain and not create a new one for my loved ones. But yeah it is on my mind all day every day. What makes it worse is that when your parents have reasonable expectations of you and yet because of anxiety and depression you can't achieve it, this will make thoughts like that more frequent. If only I could sleep and not wake up. At least that way it will be a death by natural cause as opposed to suicide.