Do you ever feel like you are unwanted or disliked on this forum?

reslo

if it helps any, I don't hate/dislike any of the posters so far on this thread! (lol it probably doesn't help, but there ya go)

If you feel inadequate, you're in the right place, that's kinda the nature of social phobia. So when you say you feel like you don't belong, most of feel the same way!!
personally, i don't care if people like me or not. For me to be acknowleged makes me feel very uncomfortable, so I'm glad I get ignored- I can't deal with too much attention. Sometimes it's hard for me to post because I don't have the severist form of mental illness, although it's something that effects my life everyday and doesn't let up, and i can't quite explain how much time i spend worrying worrying worrying but then at the same time, i look at other people's posts and they can do things that i can't and i think wtf? and most of what i say sounds cheesy, and i tend to rely on cliches.

Feeling inferior is often an irrational thought, and a big part of sa/avoidant personality disorder!

We are all unique snowflakes and a different part of the puzzle that makes up the universe! We are all a part of the dao- the lifeforce of everything this includes lurky mcgee and joe shmoe and all the sarah plain and talls out there....

^ see? here's more crap i throw out in heaps on this forum... take it, bcuz i can't talk no where else :)

Last edited:
I haven't posted enough yet to feel unwanted or ignored here, but I always end up feeling ignored on message boards. I understand however that it's never because of the other people, it's because I hardly ever have anything interesting or insightful to contribute that people would want to respond to. So my contributions end up feeling like useless off-topic comments, and before long I forget about the whole message board because it feels like it's not worth the effort.

Sometimes I lurk at message boards though, I like reading other people's thoughts and ideas.

206Raider

yeah I feel that way a lot like I'm ignored or nobody gives a damn about me on this forum like I'm even different here like a bad guy but I know that paranoia and anxiety as ya'll are all like me and I haven't said anything crazy or mean for people to not like me

I jsut don't socialize enough on here thats why (same as real life) lol

79_89_99IneIneIne

I just have to say that I find it very ironic that out of all the threads I've made, this one has gotten the most attention.
laughing-smiley.gif

I don't know if it is just my anxiety that makes me think that people on this forum and other forums I belong to do not like me or if I really am unwanted. Does anyone else feel the same way?

I didn't even know you were on this board and now that I do I have no problem with you at all. On the other hand, plenty of people on this board hate me, talk shit about me behind my back (because they are jealous or threatened, ya you know who you are ****ers), flame my threads, and report me to the moderators just to get my threads closed. So keep things in perspective, you aren't disliked by anyone till you get to my level haha.

Harleyq

I didn't even know you were on this board and now that I do I have no problem with you at all. On the other hand, plenty of people on this board hate me, talk shit about me behind my back (because they are jealous or threatened, ya you know who you are ****ers), flame my threads, and report me to the moderators just to get my threads closed. So keep things in perspective, you aren't disliked by anyone till you get to my level haha.

How did you find that out? Or is it just a gut feeling? I haven't come across any kind of posts or threads suggesting "There's a member or two I dislike..." much less one that hints at a specific member or behind-the-back conversations

Don't be Hatin'

I don't think so, I know so! However, I really don't care. Half the time I feel like I'm here just to annoy people. Sooo, qhatever.

Krista

I don't know if it is just my anxiety that makes me think that people on this forum and other forums I belong to do not like me or if I really am unwanted. Does anyone else feel the same way?

I know exactly what you mean but it's really just your own paranoia unless you're doing things that offend people, most of the time it's just your own insecurities. I was sure that people were getting POed at me for posting things to much but they really embrace you no matter what.

Shift

Whenever I am in a large group of people, I feel like no one wants me there because I'm so awkward...

Which is why I am not allowed to go to my best friend's parties anymore. The only one I've ever went to was with a bunch of his friends and I felt really unwanted and I spent the entire night crying in his guest bedroom by myself.

Interzone

Yeah, this is just some dumb forum, it doesn't really help me with the way I am besides letting me know there are others like me which I will unfortunately never meet in the real world.

oui

I don't feel unwanted...just unessential and irrelevant. I'm just as terrible online as I am in real life; I feel about the same both ways...

My reasoning is similar to Nicolas', though. That being said, Nicolas: Oh my god, I agree with you, I'm in love with you, let's meet and make a baby and live together in my castle cuz I'm a princess (but not a pretty one.)

Last edited:

limetree

I've left many forums before bc of such anxiety but you gotta realise that just bc someone disagrees with what you say or doesn't reply to a post, it doesn't mean they have anything against you as a person. It says more about your bravery, being socially anxious to even take a minor step at speaking your mind.

The more we think others hate what we have to contribute, the more dependent we become on "rare positive feedback." It's just about narrowing that gap between accepting the fact that it should feel normal that there will always be people who don't appreciate us and the equal possibility that there will be people who do. Sometimes I read a really good post and think to myself, "wow I wish I wrote that" or "wow I wish I was this person" (how lame is that right?) but I don't reply bc I feel like everything has been said. SA makes us assume the worst but remember there are both sides to the coin.

Forums can be frustrating bc there's going to be an "in crowd", people who write more popular posts etc, but it's great that the people here are open to discussing insecurities so we can at least address subtle dynamics which promote inequality.

FOR REAL

Banned
i always feel like an outsider. it must be due to the desire for more feedback and acknowledgement, which is maybe a bit hard to come by on a site full of slightly avoidant people. but i really appreciate reading what you guys write.

meatcake, your not an outsider at all :)
the stuff you say makes sense mate:)