do you believe in God and why/why not?

Megaten

[/B]. They worship a false Jesus, the antichrist

What kind of powers does this antichrist have? I'm guessing he's a foil like the Reverse Flash or Bizarro Superman. So maybe instead of bringing the dead back to life he just raises zombies and whatnot? :question:

warcraft

What kind of powers does this antichrist have? I'm guessing he's a foil like the Reverse Flash or Bizarro Superman. So maybe instead of bringing the dead back to life he just raises zombies and whatnot? :question:

The antichrist will be mortally wounded but will heal himself and do all kinds of miracles. He will deceive the whole world (not the believers though). He will "imitate" Jesus and all of the world religions will bow down and worship him. A lot of people will take the mark of the beast.

If you want to learn about the word of God, don't read a "worldly book" about God or watch "TV pastors". How can the natural man understand the things of God? How can an unsaved wordly scientist that believes in evolution write about God?!?!?!?

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. How can they hear except they be sent?

Romans 10:13-17:
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

The natural man cannot understand the things of God until they get saved. Yet you see so many "worldly books" trying to "explain God"...they are fools/deceivers.

Last edited:

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
What???? Catholics are not christian. They worship a false Jesus, the antichrist.

1. Catholics make grave images and worship idols/statues
    Exodus 20:4: Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:​
  2. Catholics make crooked the path of god and make salvation a burden on men. They require you need baptism and good works for salvation.
    Ephesians 2:8-9:
    For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    Not of works, lest any man should boast.​
  3. Catholics call their "pastor" Father.
    Matthew 23:9:
    And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.​
  4. Catholics have their "church service" in Latin. Does the average man understand latin?
    1 Corinthians 14:9: So likewise ye, except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be understood, how shall it be known what is spoken? for ye shall speak into the air.​

1 Corinthians 1:11:
Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?

Notice how all the Catholic "Jesus" statues have long hair. What blashphemy!

There is verse after verse after verse to show that catholics are not christians.

Catholics, Mormons, Protestants, Lutherans, Adventists.....are not Christian.. They change the word of God and place heavy burdens on men and bring doctrines of devils.

How can the King James Bible be intepreted wrong? The King James Bible was based on the Textus Receptus, which simply means it was handed down from generation to generation.

All of the old bibles say "faults". Only the modern ones change it because they are corrupted versions for filthy lucre's sake (for money).

Thanks for the sermon.

Would you mind keeping your preaching to within church walls? Perhaps I could come and practice science within your church..

slimjim119

What???? Catholics are not christian. They worship a false Jesus, the antichrist.

1. Catholics make grave images and worship idols/statues
    Exodus 20:4: Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:​
  2. Catholics make crooked the path of god and make salvation a burden on men. They require you need baptism and good works for salvation.
    Ephesians 2:8-9:
    For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    Not of works, lest any man should boast.​
  3. Catholics call their "pastor" Father.
    Matthew 23:9:
    And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.​
  4. Catholics have their "church service" in Latin. Does the average man understand latin?
    1 Corinthians 14:9: So likewise ye, except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be understood, how shall it be known what is spoken? for ye shall speak into the air.​

1 Corinthians 1:11:
Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?

Notice how all the Catholic "Jesus" statues have long hair. What blashphemy!

There is verse after verse after verse to show that catholics are not christians.

Catholics, Mormons, Protestants, Lutherans, Adventists.....are not Christian.. They change the word of God and place heavy burdens on men and bring doctrines of devils.

How can the King James Bible be intepreted wrong? The King James Bible was based on the Textus Receptus, which simply means it was handed down from generation to generation.

All of the old bibles say "faults". Only the modern ones change it because they are corrupted versions for filthy lucre's sake (for money).

I'm just curious. Are you a Jehovah's Witness?

warcraft

I'm just curious. Are you a Jehovah's Witness?

No. Jehova's witnessness say Jesus is not God, they deny the God head (trinity), they believe in works salvation, and they have a lot of satanic doctrine.

Matthew 7-21:23
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Isiah 64:6
But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Our own rigtheousness is like filthy rags in front of God. Our faith in Jesus is our righteousness.

Romans 4:5
But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

The Jehovah's witnessness are counting on their own righteousness for salvation instead of seeking the Lord's righteousness.

Last edited:

AlienGeranium

You don't need a god for people to be responsible for their actions. Believing in a god means that offenders can seek forgiveness from their deity and continued to offend again and again with the knowledge that they can clean the slate whenever they want

I'm not a theologian or that well versed in religion in general, but as a person with passing knowledge imagine if there is a god who operates under a religion that includes confession or some similar system, it's not simply a "get out of jail free" card type deal.

Like, I think of it like this. So, I'm like God and stuff, creating this world full of people with free will's and deciding how set up the rules and stuff. And so I totally want people to act within a certain set of rules, treat each other nice, generous, charitable, you know all those positive values whatever they might be. I figure though like, there's gotta be some sort of incentive, you know? What's gonna stop a guy from killing another guy for a juicy piece of fruit? Or more likely, pizza? Then it hits me: Heaven. I'll just make this wicked awesome place, and admission requires you to appeal to those good values I mentioned above.

So you know, that seems to iron out that issue, easy peasy. But then I run a simulation and realize a major flaw - my free will peeps ain't perfect! Being a God, very easy to overlook. I could just expect everyone to be perfect, but then what happens if someone messes up once? Odds are they'll be like "Welp, I'm screwed, might as well just steal all the pizza I want."

So I figure, I'll make this system where if people, after the fact, see the mistake they made, and promise to try not to do it again, it'll be all cool. And since I'm God and can read minds and shit, I totally know if they're sincere or not. So if they just think "I'll just do all this bad stuff and then say sorry and it'll be ok" they'll have another thing coming.

Or in essence, it's not the apology that gets the forgiveness, but being truly sorry and understanding the err in there ways that does. And then of course, stopping the action. A flaw in this is obviously that a child molester may feel horrible after doing so and run to ask forgiveness, and then not be able to control themselves and do it again. And that I don't have an answer. And as a hypothetical God creating a world with free will and mental disease, I honestly can't think of a better system.

Thanks for the sermon.

Would you mind keeping your preaching to within church walls? Perhaps I could come and practice science within your church..

Well, as ranty as is it, this is technically a thread about religion. It's not that out of place ::p:

Sam_9XS

I believe in God because there's been too many extreme coincidental instances in my life that could not have possibly happened without some other unearthly force. I'm by no means a medium, but I've seen so many things that have really made me think.

I also believe that we, as humans, are not "supposed" to be able to wrap our minds around everything God related. It actually freaks me out a little to think about, just because the depths of misunderstandings you try to wrap your brain around, but can't. I do have so many answerable questions. Still, I remain faithful and pray a lot.

A flaw in this is obviously that a child molester may feel horrible after doing so and run to ask forgiveness, and then not be able to control themselves and do it again. And that I don't have an answer.

Yes, this is what I meant with my post, and I had the catholic church in australia in mind. A priest can molest, be absolved via confession and continue to offend. So long as he confesses between offending and his death, he gets his ticket to heaven.

For the record, I don't believe in god, heaven, hell, etc - if there is a god, then he would be and operate as an entity so beyond our comprehension that we have no hope of having an understanding; like an ant trying to understand a human

Megaten

I'm not a theologian or that well versed in religion in general, but as a person with passing knowledge imagine if there is a god who operates under a religion that includes confession or some similar system, it's not simply a "get out of jail free" card type deal.

Like, I think of it like this. So, I'm like God and stuff, creating this world full of people with free will's and deciding how set up the rules and stuff. And so I totally want people to act within a certain set of rules, treat each other nice, generous, charitable, you know all those positive values whatever they might be. I figure though like, there's gotta be some sort of incentive, you know? What's gonna stop a guy from killing another guy for a juicy piece of fruit? Or more likely, pizza? Then it hits me: Heaven. I'll just make this wicked awesome place, and admission requires you to appeal to those good values I mentioned above.

So you know, that seems to iron out that issue, easy peasy. But then I run a simulation and realize a major flaw - my free will peeps ain't perfect! Being a God, very easy to overlook. I could just expect everyone to be perfect, but then what happens if someone messes up once? Odds are they'll be like "Welp, I'm screwed, might as well just steal all the pizza I want."

So I figure, I'll make this system where if people, after the fact, see the mistake they made, and promise to try not to do it again, it'll be all cool. And since I'm God and can read minds and shit, I totally know if they're sincere or not. So if they just think "I'll just do all this bad stuff and then say sorry and it'll be ok" they'll have another thing coming.

Or in essence, it's not the apology that gets the forgiveness, but being truly sorry and understanding the err in there ways that does. And then of course, stopping the action. A flaw in this is obviously that a child molester may feel horrible after doing so and run to ask forgiveness, and then not be able to control themselves and do it again. And that I don't have an answer. And as a hypothetical God creating a world with free will and mental disease, I honestly can't think of a better system.

Yeah this is assuming this god is real. Im a former Christian myself and Ive seen how even people inside the church will debate on whether or not someone is "saved". It not so much get out of jail but a get out of guilt card. Its all subjective. You can think you have God's forgiveness but I can pretty much say "well the way youre acting, I doubt you have his forgiveness". As long as I honestly believe Im saved, I dont have to live with the guilt of murder and rape as long as I feel that the most important person in the Universe pats me on the head and tells me its ok. Doesnt do much for the victims though.

AlienGeranium

Yeah this is assuming this god is real. Im a former Christian myself and Ive seen how even people inside the church will debate on whether or not someone is "saved". It not so much get out of jail but a get out of guilt card. Its all subjective. You can think you have God's forgiveness but I can pretty much say "well the way youre acting, I doubt you have his forgiveness". As long as I honestly believe Im saved, I dont have to live with the guilt of murder and rape as long as I feel that the most important person in the Universe pats me on the head and tells me its ok. Doesnt do much for the victims though.

Yeah I know, I was just sort of trying to imagine if there was a God and it was comprehensible what their train of reasoning might be. How people actually use the system and it's actual purpose (if there is one) don't necessarily line up. My point I guess was that maybe in a certain light, it's understandable why such a system of forgiveness may be set up by some deity.

Taumor

I would love to believe in god, seriously, I think the whole thing about it is beautiful but man, I just can't since he nothing really good happened to me even though I don't think I'm a evil person... and I also don't like the fact that many people get into it because of their parents and so, they don't share all the things like the love of anybody

Kiwong

:giggle:

Those are pretty cool, especially obsidian.

Edit: and I just realized I made a pun by accident. You know, "cool," igneous is cooled lava...

O___O

:thumbup: Yes, they are very chilled rocks :cool: Sedimentary rocks on the other hand are false rocks. Blasphemous sediments crushed to form rocks.

MollyBeGood

“Religion has actually convinced people that there’s an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever ’til the end of time! But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He’s all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can’t handle money!” George Carlin sums it up for me this Sunday :bigsmile::giggle:

warcraft

I really don't get it. Is the world so deceived?

We have the bible, passed down from generation to generation since the time of Moses and since the time of Jesus.

The textus receptus has been passed down from generation to generation. There is a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy....thousands and thousands of copies.

If 1 of those copies had an error, the thousands of other copies can be used to validate it. These people hand wrote the copies......in times of persecution, when the catholic church executed anyone translating the bible.

That is why ALL the OLD bibles, including the perfect one, the King James bible, match up. They are based on what was handed down from generation to generation. NONE of the new bibles match up.....they have all modified God's word. This isn't an accident, it is by design, it's Satans plan.

The Catholic bibles are based on a wicked roman emperor's (constatine) "additions" plus some other wicked people. Same with the Mormon bible. It's not handed down.

They have to "discover" scrolls to add to the word of God. Do you think God would really hide his word from the rest of the world for so many centuries?!?!?

Last edited:

warcraft

“Religion has actually convinced people that there’s an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever ’til the end of time! But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He’s all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can’t handle money!” George Carlin sums it up for me this Sunday :bigsmile::giggle:

George carlin is pretty much controlled opposition. He is nothing more than a clown.

He gives you a lot of truth with his "comedy act", but then mixes it with a lot of lies...just like Satan.

Of course, Pastors should be paid. They put in a lot of time to study and teach the word of God, they should be paid for that time. God said pastors have a right to be paid. They teach the word of God and help pull people out of the fire unlike some people.

However, there are no christian TV pastors. All of them are satanic. You can tell who is christian by their doctrine.

Last edited: