Do people treat you like a nutcase?

chickenmaryjane

People often treat me like I'm some derange idiot. They never look at me directly as if i'm a pitiful retard. no matter how i open up to them (associates} they still treat me like i'm a joke. Do SA makes us appear foolish?

Lea

Banned
I think if people treat you without respect or dignity, that says something about them rather than yourself. A mature person with self-confidence, who doesn't suffer inferiority complex and the need to compensate it on others will treat you as equall. Also, people who have certain quality in themselves recognize it in others, who don't have it or are shallow, also view others in a shallow way - they can't recognize the qualities other people have because they don't have them themselves. But even if you were a nutcase, good person will always find something good on you and encourage you. Bad people only see bad things and are happy to put others down.

Last edited:

Emily_G

When I stutter, people look at me like I'm crazy very often. It's rare that someone doesn't give me a wierd look and just listens respectly.

Argonar

A lot of the time I feel like people do see and treat me like an idiot. However, every once in a while I wonder if it's just me over-analyzing.

I have had times when people treat me like an idiot. Sometimes I act like one just because it is easier. The main thing is I get looked down on like I am not doing what I should be in "society", and that my issues shouldn't be an issue when it comes to that.

Lorraine Manca

its like people can smell it on you, like dogs know all about each other by smelling butts, humans must have the same thing! i think theres nothing you can do about it

Richey

i live at home and after dinner i like to go and play basketball at the local park which my parents find weird, i get this almost everytime "so you're off to rob houses then"? because i go alone but the alternative is i stay at home like them and watch boring television, at least i'm being productive and practicing something instead of watching tv all night.

there was one time when i was paying for something on my credit card and i had forgotten my pin because i hardly use the card and so i had to sign it instead but the counterhand started giving me strange looks and checked the card out and it just felt odd.

i think its other people making me feel like a nutcase rather then me feeling like an actual nutcase.

though just thinking about it now, who wants to be normal? i'm not saying that we should act like nutcases but we should be able to live our own lives alone or with others without feeling paranoid all the time.

DanFC

Eh, yeah, most people treat me as if I was genuinely psychotic and they back the hell away from me. Everyone's always a little antsy around me. Of course though, this is mostly because I put up that front, it's really just either Avoidant PD or Schizoid PD with depression, but I'd rather have people back off than to figuratively piss on me. Either way, I'm alone.

lyricalliaisons

Some people treat me like an idiot & some people treat me like a child. A few have treated me like a nutcase. As a whole, I just get treated negatively & with a lot of misunderstanding.

ou2saved2

I was told a long time ago by my doctor that people are not really messing with you as you may think and usually by the time you are ready to explode, that is when they really notice anything