Did you have a normal childhood/family?

Diend

I don't think being normal is what we should aim for. I would want a family lifestyle that works for me, and allows my family members to be happy and productive at the same time. The normal family is the "norm" following family. Although domestic violence i wrong, there's nothing wrong with being the odd family.

rebyoo

I spent a year of my childhood bed-bound, at least 2 years house-bound and didn't leave my village for 6 years.

MikeyC

Not normal compared to 90% of the families I know anything about.

I don't know if anyone can really call their family/upbringing/childhood 'normal'.
Normal is relative, isn't it?
My friend grew up in a largely Christian house and is now a total Atheist. So while what he perceived as normal back then he looks back now and realises there was something off about it. His family are all really nice, though, so that's good.

I'm...now not quite sure what that has to do with your post too much but yeah. :D

I spent a year of my childhood bed-bound, at least 2 years house-bound and didn't leave my village for 6 years.
Wow, I'm so sorry you had to go through that. ::(: Why were you bed-bound? Illness?

rebyoo

Wow, I'm so sorry you had to go through that. ::(: Why were you bed-bound? Illness?

Yea, i was diagnosed with ME/CFS when i was 9, it wasn't a well known illness at the time but i think more and more people know about it nowadays.

MikeyC

Yea, i was diagnosed with ME/CFS when i was 9, it wasn't a well known illness at the time but i think more and more people know about it nowadays.
Chronic fatigue, is it? I know a guy who has that. Sounds very debilitating, at least the one you had, anyway.

rebyoo

Yea that's it, ME has more severe symptoms but people tend to know the term cfs more. It was a tough time in my life but i'm managing to work full time now, so things have really come along :)

MikeyC

Yea that's it, ME has more severe symptoms but people tend to know the term cfs more. It was a tough time in my life but i'm managing to work full time now, so things have really come along :)
That's good that you're managing the symptoms. At the age of 9 it's very difficult to understand what's happening to you. It's good that it's all come along now and you're able to live relatively normally. :)