Did anyone want to cut off there family

Little Miss Muffet

Hi im just wondering if anyone on here wanted to tell there family they dont want to see them anymore because of there social anxiety?

Section_31

ive wanted to, yea. My family is huge, theres somthign like 70 of us in the province west of here, and weer all close and tight knit and no one has any idea how draining it is for me to be ni a huge family gathering, and because i live further away, its rarer to see me, and everyone wants a piece of me. Heck, at my wedding, me and my wife felt like the royal families WIll and Kate, it was REALLY overwhelming!!!.

As such, ive ended up withdrawing. Some of them i really wish we didnt have to see because of my anxiety.

lonely_drummer

I did this about a year and a half ago. I was living with my folks, completely miserable just wanting to get away. My parents had this big plan for me. Go to school, graduate, then move onto my graduate studies but I wasnt having that. So one day I up and left with my last band to go on tour and never went back. After tour I left and hitchhiked up to the Yukon, sent my mom an email spilling out all my built up angst towards them. It was the greatest thing I've ever done!! I came back to Calgary and moved in with some really close friends but I have gotten back in touch with my parents the last few months. I feel bad for the pain I caused for just up and leaving but I was in a real bad rut and just had to get better. They seem to be coming around these days. They used to be hardcore workaholics before I left but I think I made them open theirs eyes a bit and my dad is now just training people at his work for when he retires. So he's on light duty and my mom downsized her business so she can take care of her health. They seem to have changed for the good, all because of me!!! I dont consider myself to be a selfish person but sometimes in acts of desperation, it is greatly needed. Plus I always feel that you cannot help others without helping yourself first. For example after I left the Yukon, I backpacked across all of Canada visiting old friends in places I used to live and the first person I saw was my best friend since I was 5 years old in Winnipeg. I stayed with her for almost 3 weeks, she's was just going through bad times with her husband at the moment and I stayed and helped her out. At that moment I was feeling great but my friend was feeling horrible but since I wasn't overly concerned with my misery I had the energy to help her.

lonely_drummer

I did this about a year and a half ago. I was living with my folks, completely miserable just wanting to get away. My parents had this big plan for me. Go to school, graduate, then move onto my graduate studies but I wasnt having that. So one day I up and left with my last band to go on tour and never went back. After tour I left and hitchhiked up to the Yukon, sent my mom an email spilling out all my built up angst towards them. It was the greatest thing I've ever done!! I came back to Calgary and moved in with some really close friends but I have gotten back in touch with my parents the last few months. I feel bad for the pain I caused for just up and leaving but I was in a real bad rut and just had to get better. They seem to be coming around these days. They used to be hardcore workaholics before I left but I think I made them open theirs eyes a bit and my dad is now just training people at his work for when he retires. So he's on light duty and my mom downsized her business so she can take care of her health. They seem to have changed for the good, all because of me!!! I dont consider myself to be a selfish person but sometimes in acts of desperation, it is greatly needed. Plus I always feel that you cannot help others without helping yourself first. For example after I left the Yukon, I backpacked across all of Canada visiting old friends in places I used to live and the first person I saw was my best friend since I was 5 years old in Winnipeg. I stayed with her for almost 3 weeks, she's was just going through bad times with her husband at the moment and I stayed and helped her out. At that moment I was feeling great but my friend was feeling horrible but since I wasn't overly concerned with my misery I had the energy to help her.

Hoppy

I want to split them in 3 ways :

The ones I never want to see again.
The ones I woulnd't mind seeing occasionally
The ones that is always welcome.

Considering that all 3 groups above has never invited me to their houses, or have visited me , I think I was cut off.

jonas89

No I don't actually due to my anxiety, but I still would like to move to another country just to see a total new environment, I would like cut off my country for sometime just to take a break from it and the people in it, maybe I'll do that when I finish some studies here.