Did anyone else hear this??

Lemonheadzuccini

my friend posted a status on facebook about some guy going on a cannibal rampage after getting high by eating bath salts. Then Andy samberg (guy from saturday night live) did a comedy sketch about it and was like "STOP EATING FELLOW CITIZENS!" if its true.. bath salts are going to be sold out nation wide and its gonna be like some cannible apocolypse! I need to befriend some tough and/or important people fast >.<

Shyangel

I've heard some about that story. It doesn't make any sense to me. Can you get high off of bath salts?

WeirdyMcGee

You mean the one 'cannibal' attack in Miami?
But then there are stories like this: Drug that's turning users into cannibals: Mind-altering 'bath salts' blamed for three zombie style attacks - Mirror Online

So apparently it's a drug and not actual bath salts.

I heard a joke on Chelsea Lately about another cannibal attack but can't find any report about it.
The thing with news that is easily sensationalized is that the telephone effect quickly throws it out or proportion once people start spreading it themselves.

Nathália

I've heard some about that story. It doesn't make any sense to me. Can you get high off of bath salts?

People use ingredients from all kinds of things to make drugs and get high.

People snort, inject and smoke bath salts. Eating it is not the fastest way for it to affect your brain, so they ingest it by snorting it to get high faster and to feel a better high.

Last edited:

chibiXphantom

theyre not actual bath salts. bath salts is just the name for them. its a designer drug that causes hallucinations, paranoia, and violent behavior. i think its similar to acid

lyricalliaisons

Bath salts are becoming illegal in certain places and I hope my state is one of them soon. It's scary the things people will do to get high, not even caring about the consequences. I feel so bad for the poor guy it happened to :(