Deep depression, please help

Clown

I have generalized anxiety disorder & SA with severe depression..Im now 21 can't work or go to school and the future also sees pretty doom and gloom. There is a real chance abou 70-80% I will never be able to work or have a normal life since generalized anxiety disorder is life long chronic condition...-_-'

I quitted cannabis and im loosing all of these so called friends...

There is about 90% chance Im gonna live on my own hopeless depressed everyday before my computer screen, complaning here about my life (usually with 1 response) for the rest of my life.

What are my options ???

1. Just don't care about it and die as a lonely broken man
2. Just snap out of it I already got plans

Option 1. is nothing for me , so then option 2 becomes available which I also don't want, but seems more and more an option the days pass by

Does somebody else got a option ?

U

user deleted

It might seem like now that you'll never work, or have a normal life, but things do change. We live in a state of constant flux.

You've given yourself a false dilemma, those are not the only two options available to you. Suicide is never an option imo anyway.

I'm sorry you're struggling so much, I really would urge you to talk to your doctor if you're feeling this bad, depression can snowball quickly. Get past the current feelings of desperation, then work on everything else, one step at a time.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
I felt exactly the same when I was 18-19. I had been hired at a couple of places but kept being fired because of my total lack of social skills and the fact that I didn't smile. I started being depressed around 13, and between 16 and 20 it got pretty bad. I did two suicide attempt, one at 16 and the other one, more serious, at 18.

The reason I'm telling you this is that now, 10 years later, I'm in a better place and I'm glad I didn't die. There is no miracle way to get out of depression and the way I did it asked me years of work and will, I still get ups and downs but what I'm trying to say is that if you really want to be happy you need to study what makes you miserable, and FORCE yourself out of it. I don't know how many times I only felt like crawling under my bed to die and instead I got up, open the curtains, took a shower, fixed myself, ate healthy, went on a day long bike ride, didn't enjoy it at all but did it again the next day until I felt better.

If ever you need to talk or you need help to get out of depression you can message me.

laure15

What are my options ???

1. Just don't care about it and die as a lonely broken man
2. Just snap out of it I already got plans

These options seem kind of extreme, so here's another option: take life one baby step at a time. Instead of completely giving up or executing all your plans immediately, why not make small progress everyday, or every other day, so that you will eventually get to where you want to be.

Facethefear

21 is a difficult age. I know it was for me. You might feel like you should have your entire life planned out and be on the first rung up the ladder. Maybe thinking about the responsibilities of adulthood are difficult for you. As the saying goes "Life happens as you make other plans". You can't expect to work or study when you have severe depression. Find something that lifts your mood and do it until you feel hopeful. It could be exercise or reading fiction or watching humorous movies! Good luck.

Last edited:

A Many Splendored Thing

3) Fight it or live trying.

You have to work at it to get over it, and constantly make yourself better. You may rely on others along the way, but you have to make yourself happy.

If it's really bad & urgent, i found one of the best things to do is repeat some comforting, positive affirmations to yourself. It can give you just that glimmer of hope.
Like these:
- 'All thing must pass'
- 'There will be light at the end of this tunnel'
- 'Things will improve in time'
They don't even have to be true, just positive & uplifting & self-supporting.

Also certain gentle/peaceful classical music helped "keep me afloat".

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Also certain gentle/peaceful classical music helped "keep me afloat".

Right, as stupid as it may sound, music has a huge effect on our mood (at least on mine) - When I stopped listening to metal all the time and started listening to reggae it almost changed my life

At first, why do you call yourself clown? Change it to beauty or
Handsome please;).

I know what u feel. Same boat. We might even be twins because we both struggle with sa and depression on the same high level. I want to talk to you if you likr. To support
Eachother through every thing.

About your hope. It feels gone but it is not. Your mind plays a game with you. A tricky gMe you should win. Dont give up. Option two i was thinking bout as well today but we only live omce. So dont. You dont want it i can clearly see. But the problem is you cant be happy either. Then lets set our expectations lower. Lets find more emotional support ill be ur friend. Lets watch silly comedies and first get our smile back. Can you smile? Me neither. I feel likr a clown but hey the clown will laugh when hes funny and happy again..

You cant get a rainbow without rain Xxx

Hang in there handsome!

Greetzz FALKOR

hardy

Was severely anxious and unable to go out. Meditation taught me how to observe myself in fearful situation and keep working. Google vipassana to learn the meditation i learned.

Fighter86

Sorry but I don't know what to say except that hopefully it gets better. When I was in my late teens I lead your life for five years, unable to school, also not having a job. And just like that one fine day I snapped out of it 5 years later. I really don't know where I got the strength from. It took me five years but I did it. Hope you can too, wishing you all the best.