dating the complete opposite

dottie

anyone with OCD date the complete opposite?

i am dating someone who is triggering panic. he touches the garbage can with his hands :eek: (despite the fact it has a foot pedal) and leaves the doors unlocked. :kickingmyself: we had a horror-incident happen the other night because of him leaving the door wide open. :thumbdown: thinking on this is about to give me a panic attack.

Uhhmm leaving the door wide open and unlocked is something to get frustrated about. Talk to this person. That is inexcusable!

coyote

my garbage can doesn't have any pedals, and i don't think i even have a key to my door

if it weren't for all my amazing abilities, you'd probably hate dating me

MikeyC

If these two things are triggering panic in you, perhaps it's not going to work out.

dottie

yeah, we have talked about it. he keeps promising he will start locking the doors... but i've found the door to be perpetually UNlocked (with him gone from the house) since we have talked about it. btw, in the middle of the night some stranger allowed themselves into our house, fell asleep on the couch, and pissed the couch... a lot of piss. because the door was left wide open. you can imagine, i was thrilled.

@coyote do you wash your hands after you open the lid to your garbage can or touch it?

i can overlook the garbage thing with effort. no one is perfect, right... but the lock thing... i still have anxiety from being burglarized twice this past year. plus, now, the couch-piss intruder. :l

coyote

i always wash my hands after touching anything garbagey

and nobody pisses on my couch without my permission

did i mention the wild animals living under the house?

Flanscho

Hmmm, I always leave the doors unlocked while I'm at home.

About garbage... Well, as long as you don't touch the garbage itself. Apart from that, we humans are the product of millions of years of evolution. The bacteria in regular household garbage won't kill us, unless we eat rotten food or smear rotten food into open wounds. In fact, in a number of developed nations, more people have health problems because they live in a too sterile environment. An environment, the human body ain't used to, so it goes nuts.