Countdown to Fiona Apples Next Album.

*comes into thread for the first time. Looks around*

...Wow!! I did not realize this was a literal countdown. That explains why I see you posting in here everyday vj!:D:rolleyes:::eek::

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
*comes into thread for the first time. Looks around*

...Wow!! I did not realize this was a literal countdown. That explains why I see you posting in here everyday vj!

Well, it only took you 133 days to check in, that's not too bad ::p:. I assume you read all the back posts to catch up, right? ::p::rolleyes::D

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple

Here's Fiona Apples name 44 times, once for every day left. Interestingly this is not her first and last name, her full name is actually Fiona Apple McAfee Maggart.

Fiona AppleFiona AppleFiona AppleFiona AppleFiona AppleFiona AppleFiona AppleFiona AppleFiona AppleFiona AppleFiona AppleFiona AppleFiona AppleFiona AppleFiona AppleFiona AppleFiona AppleFiona AppleFiona AppleFiona AppleFiona AppleFiona AppleFiona AppleFiona AppleFiona AppleFiona AppleFiona AppleFiona AppleFiona AppleFiona AppleFiona AppleFiona AppleFiona AppleFiona AppleFiona AppleFiona AppleFiona AppleFiona AppleFiona AppleFiona AppleFiona AppleFiona AppleFiona AppleFiona AppleFiona Apple

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple

This is the first place I ever heard Fiona Apple. I remember sitting in my living room after hearing her voice, her emotion, the lyrics, her feeling and just staring at the tv in awe. It still gives me chills, thinking about it. I think I ran downstairs after the commercial came up to look it up online, and listen to it a few times, so shocked how she was able to present the extreme emotion I had been feeling into a song. I have this special to thank for getting through high school, for without it I would still feel alone, without any outlet.

(skip to 5:30)
YouTube - Vh1's 100 Greatest Songs of the 90's part 2/13

Last edited:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple

In the off chance that Fiona every reads this, I'd just like to say thank you. Your music really makes a difference to me, and don't know where I'd be with out you. Thank you.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple

Pfft this is so embarrassing, VH1 doesn't have any news about fiona since 2007. They'll be sorry!

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple

You know, Fiona is one of those artists who is critically acclaimed and award winning who just isn't heard on the radio. That seems to be the cases with a lot of musicians who don't have a bona fide genre and supporting cast. Or maybe I haven't been listing to the right stations,who knows. I have her 3 times on the radio before, each on a the same alternative station, during their "Smells like the '90's weekend," and at least one of those times was well after midnight. She's not one of those mainstream pop fans, and that's the way I like it :)

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple

Fiona is quite good at writing lyrics. She has said many times before that she likes words, and has books of words (like dictionaries, except interesting words) and is very cool. I actually have a mini glossary of the words I looked up from her first 2 albums. I am not a fan of poetry, but if she ever wrote some I think I'd read it. If poems were more musical, or read to me, I think I'd like them more.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple

So Fiona never went to college, not to say she wasn't smart enough to. She finished high school a year (or half year?) before the rest of her class and then was signed right after that, at 17. She was so young to write such heavy lyrics, which says a lot about her. And she went through real things, campare her to Avril Lavigne and I will kill you.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple

Speaking of Avril (whom if you compare fiona too will require me to kill) there are a lot of really good albums coming out in 2011. So if, for some reason, you need something other than Fiona's new album to listen to I'll tell you who to look out for. First off is Lenka, who has a release date for her new album "Two" coming out in early April, with two singles already out. She has a very sweet, bubbly sound to her which makes it impossible to not smile while listening. She could be singing killing kittens and still manage to make it cute somehow. Here are the 2 songs out already.

YouTube - Lenka - Heart Skips A Beat (Viral Version)

YouTube - Lenka - Roll With The Punches

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple

Ok here's another album coming out sometime this year, don't have a time frame but hopefully sooner or later. It's Anna Nalick, with an album orinally called Broken Doll but I'm unsure if that is still the title. On here website there have 3 songs released to be listened too, with a fourth on the way. Based on the songs, I highly recommend getting this!

YouTube - Anna Nalick - "Words" (NEW Song)

YouTube - Anna Nalick - "The Lullaby Singer" (New Song)

YouTube - Break Me Open - Anna Nalick

Ignore the new fashion thing she has going on, it's not good I think...

Better than those fiji apples. But much, much rarer. Only a fortunate few get to see the Fiona Apple up close.

This is not an apple!
image07.jpg

This is an apple (Yum!)
images