Countdown to Fiona Apples Next Album.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple

Not a cover, but not written by Fiona. So Sleepy was written by a bunch of preteens, and all money made on the album it was on was donated to 826LA, an organization that supports 8-16 year olds with creative and expository writing skills. It's a little kid song, but can be enjoyed by people of all ages :D. (What, you're not a gummy bear?)

YouTube - Fiona Apple - So Sleepy

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I still check in. I read this daily. But I never listen ::p::D

Aww, You're missing the best part!

Here's a cover of Percy Mayfield's song Please Send Me Someone to Love. A very good song, Fiona did a great job with it. This song was on the Pleasantville Soundtrack along with Across the Universe. If you haven't seen the movie, I would highly recommend seeing it, excellent film.

YouTube - Fiona Apple - Please Send Me Someone To Love

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple

Here's a cover of After You've Gone by Turner Layton. Fiona's heavy influence of jazz music is not becomes abundantly clear in the songs she covers. Most of them are songs from the 1920's-1960's. RC (since you're the only one who reads this ::p:) I think that's why her lyrics are so different than other modern artists, because she is influenced by the same people artists from the '60s were influenced by (Adding a modern spin). She does like Bill Withers and Jimi Hendrix too, but most are jazz/classical artists from the early 1900's.

YouTube - Fiona Apple - After You've Gone

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple

Her cover of Angel by Jimi Hendrix. Once again, a great cover. I wonder of it takes a great artist to cover a great song. I mean lots of people have a very talented voice with a big range, but it seems like music is more than. If there is that "it" factor as they call it, I know she has it, she can dive into any song and come up with the emotion and passion it was intended to demonstrate when it was first written.

And I love this "If you're a fan of Jimi Hendrix, you're either gonna really like me, or really, really not like me at the end of this."

YouTube - Fiona Apple Angel

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple

Oh no! I just found this song (wasn't planning on posting this song today) and I guess it's the last performance at Largo before it gets moved. I don't know the name of the song, but it sounds like a Fiona original with the chorus being "go to Largo, Go to Largo, Go to Largo" Largo is a LA club like place in which Fiona is a regular at, her and Jon Brion do a lot of shows together there. In the song she name drops a lot too. It was her place and now they're moving it ::(:. I also found a Recent interview with Fiona (a month ago) that I'll post tomorrow. Don't miss it :)

YouTube - Fiona Apple - "New" song

Last edited:

arsenalwa

Oh no! I just found this song (wasn't planning on posting this song today) and I guess it's the last performance at Largo before it gets moved. I don't know the name of the song, but it sounds like a Fiona original with the chorus being "go to Largo, Go to Largo, Go to Largo" Largo is a LA club like place in which Fiona is a regular at, her and Jon Brion do a lot of shows together there. In the song she name drops a lot too. It was her place and now they're moving it ::(:. I also found a Recent interview with Fiona (a month ago) that I'll post tomorrow. Don't miss it :)

YouTube - Fiona Apple - "New" song

Sure :D:rolleyes:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
(I like her)

It's hard not to^ :)

Here's a cover of Just One Of Those Of Things from a musical called Jubilee. The sound quality in a lot of these live (illegally recorded) covers have poor sound quality, which is actually a little nice. This song was originally recorded in 1935, and the quality sorta adds that vintage feel to it. Makes it feel more authentic. A clean-cut version may sound "better", but it would a different song in a way.

YouTube - Fiona Apple Just One of Those Things

Luke1993

Wait.... it says vj has been banned! Does this mean there will be no more updates!? The countdown has stopped!?