Countdown to Fiona Apples Next Album.

philly2bits

Fiona Apple still makes music? :eek:

I figured she dropped off the map after that one hit song in the 90's. Although I didn't like that song so it only follows I wouldn't keep tabs on her career unless she did release something I liked.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Fiona Apple still makes music? :eek:

I figured she dropped off the map after that one hit song in the 90's. Although I didn't like that song so it only follows I wouldn't keep tabs on her career unless she did release something I liked.

Nope, she just likes to space her albums out (to the dismay of her fans, but we understand. )

Her song Tymps (The Sick in the Head Song). I like to sing along this, the lyrics are fun to sing. I feel like I should be using some really good adjectives to explain this song but I'm not very smart soooo....

YouTube - Fiona Apple- Tymps (The Sick in the Head Song)

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
150! We're flying now :rolleyes:

Her song LovenRidden. I think this one of her most powerful songs, you hear her sing it and you just feel the emotion, exactly how she feels. That's what is so amazing about Fiona, she can so brilliantly put her emotions into words and into song. I don't think I would need to know how to speak english to understand what she's trying to say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiMHRn-DFgI

Last edited:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple

Her rendition of Sally's Song from The Nightmare Before Christmas. It is haunting the way she sings it, just makes you feel exactly what the song is trying to say (from Fiona's point of view). It is better than the original I think, but I would not have put it in the movie though :rolleyes:.

YouTube - Sally's Song - Fiona Apple

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple

Oh Well
"A voice once stentorian is now again Meek and Muffled." This is very new age Fiona Apple (just made that up), it really shows the transition from When the pawn to Extraordinarily Machine. The lyrics are more clean cut and the sound more mature and experienced. In my opinion some of the rawness is lost, giving this whole album a different feel to it.

YouTube - Fiona Apple - Oh Well

Last edited:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple

Here's the first song off her sophomore effort, On the Bound. It certianly demonstrates her preforming skills, by that I mean the emotion and passion she puts into her songs. It's haunting almost, probably some better words to explain it.

YouTube - Fiona Apple- On the Bound

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple

Her song Red Red Red. My favorite part of this song is when she goes "I don't understand about diamonds and why men buy them. What's so impressive about a diamond except the mining?" There are two different versions of the song floating around and both are liked by fans. One of them the official, and the other a leaked version from the leaked version of Extraordinary Machine. I'll post the offical today.

YouTube - "Red, Red, Red" - Fiona Apple

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple

Here's her song Window. What's nice about this song is it can be taken literally or metaphorically and still make sense. I kinda take both points of view when I listen (Well really I just listen to the emotion in her voice mostly).

YouTube - Fiona Apple- Window

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple

Uh oh, I'm running out of songs. I'll think of something. Here's The Way Things Are. When I listen to Fiona, I always listen to her albums in track order, and this is the first of what I think the best three song segment in the history of the world. It goes this one, which leads into Get Gone, ending with I Know. I mean, these songs were meant to be together, they just flow so nicely, and they're are all fantasic songs, Get Gone being extremely underrated. Enjoy!

YouTube - Fiona Apple- The Way Things Are

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple

Here's I Know. I not sure how to put this, but the lyrics of this song are very good at doing what they do. I think metaphors, and the wordplay are top notch here. She uses a theater metaphor at the end that is fantastic, a good end to a good album. I hope I didn't make the song sound happy, it's really mellow and saddish. (mellow is not the right word)

YouTube - FIONA APPLE - "I KNOW"

Oh, and found this on youtube, seemed right "Why is it my heart feels like it exists outside my chest when Fiona sings?"

Last edited:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple

The Child is Gone. As you may be able to insinuate from the title, it is about loss of innocence. This song is beautifully sad on so many levels. The lyrics, the mood, her voice, everything. This one of her most powerfully vulnerable songs, it really does let know exactly how she feels in such an experiential way. Maybe the best line in any of her songs is in this one "I'm a stranger to myself"

YouTube - The Child Is Gone - Fiona Apple

Last edited:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple

This is the 32nd and last studio album track of Fiona's I have left to post, Sullen Girl. This song is so sad, it is very personal and well done by Fiona. You know what it's about without actually knowing what it's about, if that makes any sense. It is Fiona at her best I think, she is just so there, it really let's you know something is wrong from the first note and reminds you throughout the whole song till the last note.

YouTube - Fiona Apple - Sullen Girl
I'll post the lyrics too.

Days like this, I don't know what to do with myself
All day, and all night
I wander the halls along the walls
And under my breath, I say to myself,
"I need fuel to take flight"

And there's too much going on
But it's calm under the waves
In the blue of my oblivion
Under the waves in the blue of my oblivion

Is that why they call me a sullen girl, sullen girl?
They don't I used to sail the deep and tranquil seas
But he washed me ashore
And he took my pearl
And left an empty
Shell of me

And there's too much going on
But it's calm under the waves
It's calm under the waves

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple

I think I've gotten to the point in which no one's checking in anymore...your loss!!! Here's her cover of I Want You by Elvis Costello. She preformed this at Decades Rock Live! and it not only shows how intense of a musician she is but how she's able to completely put herself completely into every note of every song. A strong demonstration of one of the many qualities that make her great.

YouTube - Fiona Apple, Elvis Costello - "I Want You"