Countdown to Fiona Apples Next Album.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I wouldn't be surprised if the album comes out in November ;)

Yeah, let's hope for that. :D

And hey I know you! Not know you, but I've read your blog and seen you on twitter and (the spambot run) Fiona Apple forum. I should probably be thanking you because much of the more recent information on this thread I got from you. ::p:. Keep up the good work!

(Inside info?) ;)

SLikeSascha

You're welcome :) I'm kind of obsessed with Fiona and her music ... in a healthy way though.
I just wish there would be more places to talk to other fans ... as you said, the official message board is one big pile of spam. Really sad :(

While I can't name any sources, I happen to know that the album will come out in November. You got to trust me on that one ;)

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
OKay, I'll take your word for it, that's awesome! (I may be a little obsessed too, so you can imagine my excitement ::p::D)

I bet when her new album comes out talking to other fans will become easier, she's not really "modern" right now, and has a cult following to begin with. Once the new album comes everyone will remember/realize how amazing her music is and her message board will be flooded with new and old fans. And today it appears most of the spam is gone, but I'm sure in a few days it will be filled again. It is sad it's like that now, but I think Sony will get their act together as November approaches.

SLikeSascha

I hope so ... I'm glad they kind of fixed the message board. I'm sure once Fiona will release the first single, people will start to talk about her again :)

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
CONCERT!

So in 8 days, on 8/24, Fiona will be having a concert in LA at the Largo! Of course Jon Brion will be there, and her sister Maude Marggart too! November is coming up fast, so maybe she'll sing some new songs, wouldn't that be awesome! I hope she lets someone record the show so all her fans can have a hear via youtube :D.

da_illest101

So I came out of my rock to see who fiona apples is. Well let just say it's not my type of music. But hey VJ keep the thread alive

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Someone on twitter just said the new rumor is that it's coming out in January 2012. Still hoping on November of this year, but it seems these dates just get keep getting pushed farther and farther back.

Luke1993

Ah this thread brings back memories, looks like you operate under a different name now vj, did the album ever come out in the end?

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Ah this thread brings back memories, looks like you operate under a different name now vj, did the album ever come out in the end?

Oh yeah it has been a while, it's hard to believe I started this thread a year ago! Unfortunately the album has not come out yet, it's 6 months after the original rumored date and still no official word, but there's still hope! There's a rumor it could be coming out as soon as November, with others saying it's scheduled to come out sometime in early 2012. Fingers crossed!

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
So I managed to get an mp3 of her most recent concert (a rare thing!), and I enjoyed it. It was good, take my word for it ;). Lots of good covers as well as some of her songs from past albums. She threw in a lot folksy stuff too, I'm nervous if she keeps doing it it'll turn me country since I like it ::p:. I'm thinking about posting the songs up onto youtube, but I have to make sure she's cool with it first. Last thing I want is fiona apple to hate me ::p:. She's a very particular person (Not in a bratty way, in an OCD way) and one thing is she doesn't like her shows being recorded. I'll wait and see though. LOVE her rendition of Jolene as well.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
OOooooh, so to those of you who have been dying to hear her last concert (lot's I'm sure :rolleyes:) here are three of the songs, with video! It's the country covers she did, but I am not complaining. Fiona makes everything good :).

(This is the awesome one)
Fiona Apple, Sara Watkins & Sean Watkins - Jolene 9/21/11 - YouTube

Fiona Apple, Sara Watkins & Sean Watkins - You're The One I Love 9/21/11 - YouTube

Jackson Browne, Fiona Apple, Sara & Sean Watkins - Brokedown Palace 9/21/11 - YouTube

Not sure how long they'll stay up, so hear them while you still can!