Countdown to Fiona Apples Next Album.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple

Yes, that is a negative 1. I'm hoping I don't have to do to many more negative numbers though.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple

Hey, I don't think I've posted the leaked version of the extraordinary machine songs yet! So originally Extraordinary Machine was being produce by Jon Brion, but Sony didn't like the way it was going and said if Fiona wanted to make the album she'd have to turn in every song one by one and get it approved by Sony before she could go on. Now when Fiona a song, she's happy with it and considers it a final product, so she would have none of that. The album got shelved, the fans got pissed at Sony and sent them 1000's of apples like and had an online petition. Sony caved, and let her do it her way. No Jon Brion though. Waltz And Extraordinary Machine were the only two finished songs, while the rest were redid by Mike Elizondo (Except Parting gift, she did that after Jon Brion). Now the unreleased (Original as I call it) is unfinsihed and sounds that way, but I think it's easy to tell the way Brion and Fiona were going, and giving it a sound the was more like when the pawn... I like the official version, but you can tell the difference and it makes you wonder what it would have sounded like.

Extraordinary Machine is very different than her previous 2 albums inherently mind you, but the difference between Mike and Jon I think are not overly subtle.

Here's the original of Tymps (sick in the head song)
YouTube - Fiona Apple - Tymps (unreleased version) / Used to Love Him

and the released version
YouTube - "Tymps (The Sick in the Head Song)" - Fiona Apple

hoddesdon

I don't want to be too critical, but, now that it is overdue, perhaps it would have been a better idea to express the countdown in negative numbers (zero hour [or day] minus n). Positive numbers then convey the idea that it is overdue. If someone asks "how long until ....", the answer is "n weeks or months" i.e. zero hour (or day) minus "n weeks or months". "-3" is further from the origin than "-1", so that suggests the zero hour (or day) is receding in time, which is the opposite of what is meant.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I don't want to be too critical, but, now that it is overdue, perhaps it would have been a better idea to express the countdown in negative numbers (zero hour [or day] minus n). Positive numbers then convey the idea that it is overdue. If someone asks "how long until ....", the answer is "n weeks or months" i.e. zero hour (or day) minus "n weeks or months". "-3" is further from the origin than "-1", so that suggests the zero hour (or day) is receding in time, which is the opposite of what is meant.

Maybe, but I didn't. I'm sure the one person (me) who actually looks at this on a daily basis knows what I mean. The countdown was until spring, which is the season it is aimed to be released in. Since it is already spring, the countdown still makes sense in that respect, in that there are negative days left until spring '11. Not that being technical really matters, this is just some stupid little thread I started for fun and whether or not it makes sense doesn't effect the novelty of it.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Too Long!

Ok, so I've heard some more rumors, but nothing official yet. She was supposed to have a single out this month *fingers crossed* and the album released next month. I'm hoping for the best, but not getting my hopes up to high.

Some official is that she will be on a tribute album to Buddy Holly singing Every Day (live version below). I am looking forward to this, and hopes this means more is coming.

YouTube - ‪Fiona Apple - Every Day ( Buddy Holly cover)‬‏

(I uploaded that song :D)

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
June

Well the whole "There'll be a single in May" thing was a total bust. I'm hoping the latest it will be out is the end of summer, but am not holding my breathe. The only official news is from September, and that was just what people working on it said, not the ones in charge. Fiona likes things just right, which what makes her so great, but it also takes a while. Let's just hope she's really done and is going to surprise us with thee release sometime soon.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
bwahaha they sent real apples to Sony?

Well not real apples, fake apples. This is what the FreeFiona site says specifically.

How can I help? Send something with an apple theme - a fake apple, a photo OF an apple, a piece of paper with an apple sticker, a sketch of an apple, even an apple pie - be creative! - to Andy Lack at Sony with a note attached. You can write a real letter or just scribble "Free Fiona!" on the envelope - whatever you want.

And then it specifically states
I HAVE BEEN ADVISED *NOT* TO MAIL REAL APPLES FOR HEALTH AND LIABILITY AS WELL AS WASTE AND ECONOMIC REASONS. PLEASE RESPECT OUR POLICY! THANKS!

And Luckycharms, it's nice to know you can listen to her music again. She really is amazing, and I can only imagine how amazing it was to be at the perfect age of 22 when she was first coming out with music.

And don't worry about not having read the entire thread, I doubt many people have ::p:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Soon! (I hope)

So no official news yet, but in spain this popular music store put on their "New Releases" board that it was to come out in November. November! I'm not sure if this is just a rumor (Because why would spain know?) but at least it's something I suppose. Oh, and here's the link to the blog I read it in, keeping me as up to date as I can be Extraordinary Fiona

Oh, and here's the picture. s/t is rumored to mean Self-titled.

untitled.bmp

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
No News

I can't remember what I've said and what I haven't, but here's a random picture of Fiona :D

fiona_apple_photo_8.jpg

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
BAD NEWS

So Billboard released a thing about the 11 most anticipated albums coming out, and obviously Fiona was on the list, but since no one had heard anything since September, Billboard decided to contact Sony. Sony replied with "If she's got a new album, no one here has heard it." :eek:!! This doesn't mean the album isn't still coming out, but it does mean her label might have no idea about it. Now she doesn't exactly like her big mean label, so maybe that's why, but you really can't be sure. I'm still hoping to see the album to be released in November at the latest.