Clueless on how to have Some Fun

Bustn Justin

I know that this is going to sound wierd to the group but I admit that I am clueless to have fun or have a hobby. For me I only do things that I have to such as go to work, clean the house, and pay the bills.

When it comes to doing other things they are optional to me. Becuase of it being an 'option' I don't feel like doing it. I boutght myself a PlayStation 3 a year thinking I motivate myself to play some games, however, just use it to watch DVDs. The amount of energy I have is to go on the laptop for FB and SPW or watch videos on the TV.

I feel what is the point of doing anything extra since hobbies are expensive and feel I just suck at doing it anyways so why bother.

As well when I was younger I was in university as well worked so that took up most of my time so not much space for having fun. After university my first job required lots of overtime and on my days off be expected to come into work with no notice. I felt this was no way of a life so quit that job and now have one that lets me have some free time. Now that I have more free time I have no idea what I want to do for fun. I just sit at home and put myself down.

I want to feel that I am worth it enough to enjoy myself when I am not at work. Anyone have a trick to convince me?

MarionBerry

Here, I'll give you one of my hobbies....*looks through stack of hobbies*...

Baking! I'll give you baking. Make us something yummy like some cupcakes!

LazyHermitCrab

here's some possibilities. get a shovel and metal detector and hunt for treasure :p, go to the bookstore and pick one book and remember to finish it, draw something on a nice expensive piece of paper (so it seems more fancy), write a script, get a journal and write down what you think about before bed and what you dreamed about if you remember, walk your dog (if you have one), learn how to play the recorder or something

satstrn

You can get a nice guitar for under 100 bucks. Buy a basketball and go shoot some hoops. Go run a mile or do some pushups. Read a book that seems interesting to you. Cook something. Volunteer somewhere. Take a class. Go for a hike. There are lots of possibilities, some require an investment and some don't. My advice would be to get off SPW and go try some new things.

Remus

Staff member
Backpacking, camping, hiking and nature.

I have always enjoyed these pursuits and they helped my SA.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Backpacking, camping, hiking and nature.

I have always enjoyed these pursuits and they helped my SA.
True, yes. Getting outdoors and active--especially in the sun--has been shown to help fight depression. Haven't seen the figures on it, but makes sense it would help against anxiety as well. Seems to for me.

Silatuyok

A lot of people make hobbies out of things that aren't necessarily optional---cooking, exercising, working on cars, even working or going to school can be considered hobbies in a way. Perhaps you could get a part-time job that is interesting or fun to you, and the fact that you are making money will make it seem more worthwhile? Hobbies don't have to be expensive or superfluous. Take anything that you need to do in real life and inject it with a little creativity. And take it from me, hobbies are oftentimes far from enjoyable. :) You can always collect something, that's always a good place to start with hobbies.

Bustn Justin

Well I sell phone for a living and playing with them is my fave part. As well like to watch sitcoms but find it hard to sit and write my own sitcom.

I know I am very depressed and feel most times that there is no hope left on making things better. I blame myself my falling so deep in this hole while others are able to stay out, have ambition, and have fun.