Class Presentation in 12 hours

206Raider

5 minutes of non stop talking on my part
lebron+cying.jpg

5 min will pass pretty fast if you prepared well. You'll do fine. Just practice lots. What I like to do is videotape myself practicing for the speech. If you do that, you'll see how normal you actually appear to the audience.

When you're on stage you should consciously talk slower because we tend to talk fast when we're nervous. So you have to compensate for that otherwise you'll run out of things to say before the time is up. ALso, slow-talk helps you stay calm. Easier said than done tho. this is actually a part of CBT and it takes practice.

I got a 15 min presentation coming up in 10 days.. I didn't even get around to choosing my topic lol. And if i don't pass this presentation they will make me join toastmasters or take a communications course. And this is my last chance to do it - I failed it once already!

Ignace

Oh oow, I know what U mean, I got a presentation too on June the 7th for 10 minutes. I could cry about it ..:mad: I'm checking the net for some extra relax pills. Anybody knows a good type ? Was thinking about 5-HTP, but that's not a relaxer, but it does boost your confidence I heard ..

206Raider

I'm not prepared....at.....all...thanks for the advice. It makes it a bit easier cause it's a group project but it's not even done....95% but I haven't been this anxious in a loooong time.

206Raider

I feel like....I can convince myself that I can do it and it feels better for a second but it doesn't feel authentic. a little part of me keeps thinking....your gonna make a fool outta yourself

I'd tell u the secret on how to make a great presentation, but that lebron pic isnt helping :p
prepare ur part, see your just talking theory, nothing u have to make up or will end up stupid, so all u have to do is be prepared..:)

206Raider

I'd tell u the secret on how to make a great presentation, but that lebron pic isnt helping :p
prepare ur part, see your just talking theory, nothing u have to make up or will end up stupid, so all u have to do is be prepared..:)

that pic perfectly represents how I'm feeling on the inside lol. Thank you, I feel better but it's just weird, I haven't done a real presentation in 5 years or something so I have this uneasy feeling, but I can't say I'm prepared, our whole group was terrible with communication so I have no idea what is going to happen and we have to go first *flash back to LeBron pic*