Canadian cost of living

WeirdyMcGee

I just found these numbers and thought I'd share them!
I'm not so sure how accurate they are though... but I've only ever lived in Ontario.
What does everyone think?

Average House Prices

* British Columbia: $492,000
* Alberta: $343,000
* Ontario: $329,000
* Quebec: $236,000
* Newfoundland/Labrador: $236,000
* Saskatchewan: $228,000
* Manitoba: $213,000
* Nova Scotia: $194,000
* Prince Edward Island: $159,000
* New Brunswick: $156,000

Average Rent

* Newfoundland/Labrador: $616
* Prince Edward Island: $681
* Nova Scotia: $808
* New Brunswick: $653
* Quebec: $629
* Ontario: $949
* Manitoba : $757
* Saskatchewan : $796
* Alberta : $1069
* British Columbia : $1003

Kinda makes me want to move out of province... but then I'd miss Toronto; even if I never leave my bedroom. haha
Do these numbers seem accurate?

My rent in the city was $875 when I was in college and then the city home we rented was $1550.

Blabla..

i don't know , but i pay 550 $ everything included , its real small tho. in the province of Quebec

coyote

I only pay $250 a month rent (it's a deal i worked out with my boss)

if you move in with me, we'll split the rent

you'll only have to pay $175 a month!

bring cake

Last edited:

Invisibleman

Well when I move out I guess il be living in NFLD haha.Apartments here in NS are insanely expensive. Like im talking apartments for 1400 a month in the most ghetto parts of Halifax. tisk tisk

da_illest101

I just found these numbers and thought I'd share them!
I'm not so sure how accurate they are though... but I've only ever lived in Ontario.
What does everyone think?

Kinda makes me want to move out of province... but then I'd miss Toronto; even if I never leave my bedroom. haha
Do these numbers seem accurate?

My rent in the city was $875 when I was in college and then the city home we rented was $1550.

I know that my parents house is 275k so i guess it's above the average of quebec, don't know anything about appartments though
I guess my dreams of living in british colombia just evaporated, it's freaking expensive compare to quebec

da_illest101

I don't know many people in BC who don't live with at least 1-2 roommates. haha
I guess that's one way to solve the cost problem?

I don't want to live in appartment, i'm only gonna move to a house or stay where i'm. I find an appartment is just a aste of money since you don't own the place

WeirdyMcGee

The cost to live in Ottawa:
Cost of renting a room from someone $450-500
Cost of a 2 bedroom apartment $950-1000
Cost of a (small) bachelor apartment $600-750

That seems about right for most places in Ontario, unless you're looking for a place downtown Toronto; then the prices go up depending on where you look.

MollyBeGood

I have always thought of living in British Columbia-well..dreamed of it.. Of course it's the most expensive :mad:

coyote

狼;504188 said:
I have always thought of living in British Columbia-well..dreamed of it.. Of course it's the most expensive :mad:

yeah, but that's in loonies

it's probably like $58 in american money

no problem

EscapeArtist

wooowza... Yeah, I'd very much like to get out of BC. I feel like there is no possibility of me moving out with the prices so high!!

In the entire USA the average rent was 755 in 2007.
There are some really cheap ones down there, but they're probably in places with a worsening economy... Still... I'd love to live in AZ or New Mexico :D

Section_31

its rediculously expensive here in alberta as well.

tough times for everyone. Hard to believe my 34000 ford ranger was a mortgage payment 30 yrs ago.

Section_31

The canadian dollar fell below american today.

Id def. say AB and BC are accurate. BC is beautiful but ohh man you will pay to live there.

Hastings & Main

Depends where you go in BC.
Right in Vancouver, the $ is ridiculous (barring many roommates or having a room in a shared house), but the farther out you go the less money, although the 'burbs & rural areas are catching on. Two hours from Van by Greyhound you have cities like Chilliwack.
Just Google-map Van & spread outward!

Section_31

Me wife and me will DEFINATELY be going into the affordable housing program. Its the onl way were goign to be able to afford to be on our own.