Canada versus America

Status
Not open for further replies.

hidwell

If you had the choice of moving to Canada and you lived in the US would you move, and why would you do it ?

Likewise if you were a Canadian and had the chance to live in the US would you take the opportunity ?

KiaKaha

Banned
mmmmm..

potentially dangerous thread.
I am not sure... I would go to the USA for the ho ho's and the ding dongs - and quite frankly I stil have not forgiven canada completely for the likes of Bryan Adams.

Good thing they redeemed themselves with Jim Carrey

I dont mind really. Anywhere where I feel like I am at home. Anywhere but here.

1BlackSheep

I would go to the USA for the ho ho's and the ding dongs - and quite frankly I stil have not forgiven canada completely for the likes of Bryan Adams.
Good point on the ho ho's and ding dongs, but I do like Bryan Adams so I can't hold that against Canada! ::p:

Roman Legion

Good point on the ho ho's and ding dongs, but I do like Bryan Adams so I can't hold that against Canada! ::p:

What about Rush, Triumph or Martha and the Muffins?! Being an outsider living in America, I personally hate it and I'm not sure any other nation would be different to be honest.

hidwell

Why do you ask? :)

I'll keep my good ol' USA any day of the week! Plus, I don't speak Canadianese! ::p:

Just out of curiosity, on other forums I hear many Americans wishing that they lived in Canada for many reasons, but the biggest reason is Canada has a good healthcare system.

Roman Legion

To be entirely honest, I don't follow things that involve politics.. How is this "Obamacare" plan different from NHS?

hidwell

To be entirely honest, I don't follow things that involve politics.. How is this "Obamacare" plan different from NHS?

I can't say I know, the NHS is not funded properly but if it were it is a decent healthcare system. While Obama is trying to make American Healthcare affordable for all, not just the rich.

KiaKaha

Banned
I can't say I know, the NHS is not funded properly but if it were it is a decent healthcare system. While Obama is trying to make American Healthcare affordable for all, not just the rich.

Amen to that. Healthcare is a human right - not just for those who are well off.

I know I am not an american, but I feel that Obama has a good heart and is trying to do his best to make life better for ALL people. I almost came to tears when I found out he won the last US election. I was so happy.

Remus

Staff member

I think the problem with US healthcare is the price fixing of Doctors and med corporations, they do not want a 'reasonably priced' free healthcare plan to compete against.
Also, Medicare actually costs the US more in GDP and the NHS costs the UK. Yet the service is crap and only available to a minority instead of 100%. Tax payers are being ripped off it seems.

Interesting article:

http://liberalconspiracy.org/2009/08/14/uk-v-usa-the-basic-healthcare-facts/

Last edited:

crazypants

America to Canada? Are you kidding me? In a second!

I already feel like people in the south are from another planet. Everyday you hear more and more states passing laws that turn back the clock on women's rights. It's scary here.

Plus, I yearn to live in a place where the Kids in the Hall reign supreme. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.