Can i sue Jack in The Box for wrongly accusing me and refusing service?

Moses199

There is local Jack in The box which i visit everday in my neighborhood and the staff are familiar with me. I had a receipt which has survey for "Buy 1 get 1 free Jumbo Jack" which stated I can do the survey online or call. After completing the survey online through my mobile phone and it gave me 4 digit code to give to the cashier. When i showed the code that's the wepage on my mobile screen, the lady said i'm lying and been coming back with the same code. I told that's complete BS and if i was using the same code the system would say my code is already used.

She told me next time not to show her the code on my mobile weppage and to write it down on the receipt instead. I told what difference would it make writing the code down as it won't prove it's valid (e.g. the computer system database is responsible for authenticating the validly of the receipt). Every time they check the code on the system, the machine always would determine if it's been used or not as i've done this process with them many times.Because i told her i won't write the code down next time, she refused me service.

What kind of lawyer will i need?

Remus

Staff member
Just phone the manager, they will more than likely give you some sort of credit. Suing over a burger? Only in America XD

This is really not worth involving the legal system over, and I highly doubt there's a case here anyway.

Just let the manager know you'll be taking your business elsewhere.

Sacrament

I agree, call the manager. He/she'll give you that free food just so you'll stop bothering them anyway.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
There is local Jack in The box which i visit everday in my neighborhood and the staff are familiar with me. I had a receipt which has survey for "Buy 1 get 1 free Jumbo Jack" which stated I can do the survey online or call. After completing the survey online through my mobile phone and it gave me 4 digit code to give to the cashier. When i showed the code that's the wepage on my mobile screen, the lady said i'm lying and been coming back with the same code. I told that's complete BS and if i was using the same code the system would say my code is already used.

She told me next time not to show her the code on my mobile weppage and to write it down on the receipt instead. I told what difference would it make writing the code down as it won't prove it's valid (e.g. the computer system database is responsible for authenticating the validly of the receipt). Every time they check the code on the system, the machine always would determine if it's been used or not as i've done this process with them many times.Because i told her i won't write the code down next time, she refused me service.

What kind of lawyer will i need?

The sort of lawyer who's willing to fight hard and fierce to get you the $2.99 burger that you deserve.

Lawyers typically cost several hundred an hour plus expenses, but how can one put a price on justice and piece of mind?

:thumbup: