Bullying Can be a Good Thing!

Mr. S

I get what the OP is saying, I had a bullying issue in middle school and I did learn a few things from it, such as becoming a little more assertive (not much though ::(:). However it may not have ended up like that. Many bullies have, in the past, been bullied themselves!

Honda

The world was not fair to people like us but look at it! I mean evil is everywhere as much as good is... We were the victims of bullying because many people find us an easy target... I mean people messed with me cuz they know i was too scared to face them, heck, i have difficulties sleeping at night cuz i think about it.. Untill now if someone comes and tries to bully me or hints it i get real scared and i always think about this fear... I am never secure.. Sure it wrecked my life but i want to get over if i want to live life and face threats... Funny, people worry about bigger issues the same way we do about not being able to look someone in the eye..
Society doesn't tolerate our behavior cuz they mark us as cowards and fools.. F**k society, its the sickness of humanity but we cannot change that so we cant blame it we should take responsibility and live with it... You gotta fall a 10 times to get it once right..
I just wish its as easy as i speak... Im too scared to fall more than 10 times; i think too much about it but im too lazy or willing to work on it.. My confidence is destroyed and whenever i motivate myself i feel like im telling lies to myself...
Probably go with the flow, lose my head and let me see where life takes me and enjoy the good things.. Sometimes i find drinking, sex and smoking a way to get away when i got nothing better to do... I got to a night club to see all these people party their life off and i feel they like me got issues and they are partying off the stress...

Bythos

If you managed to physically beat up the bullies and now have higher confidence because of it then well done, give yourself a pat on the back and an imaginary gold star. But the truth is the vast majority of kids that are bullied would end up in even deeper trouble if they tried to hit the bully back as most bullying takes place between multiple strong individuals and one sectioned - out victim (and normally they're too afraid of the bully to even tell anyone, let alone fight back).

panicsurvivor

Bullying is not a good thing.
It is something one does to compensate for their own shortcomings or pain. Or it is a form of sadism which may turn into cruelty and violence down the road. That being said, for the bullied it is just another challenge that life has given you. How you react to that challenge is what is important. How you reacted to it is Awesome. I admire attitude and your guts.:cool:

Helmaninquiel

I think it's all really a matter of individual differences. People react to situations in different ways. For some with more hardy personalities, it might make them a stronger person who's able to deal with things more in the long run, but for others who are more sensitive it might destroy their confidence and self-esteem completely.

Yeah I agree with you completely. My mom was bullied when she was young and to this day you can see how it's affected her, she's doesn't have a boyfriend or a husband. Up until a couple of months ago she always wore the most ragged clothes and it wasn't even just when she was young either I found out that the people she worked with were also showing her disrespect. ( When I found that out I wanted to beat someones head off of a pole sooo ****ed bad.) Anyways the point is that it all matters about how you deal with it, some people get stronger and others are a little more sensitive.

Honda

Funny, if you're an adult and you get in a fist fight in public you would probably end up in prison... Speaking in my part of the world... While in school kids are getting beaten the crap out of, abused, molested and raped in some cases while nobody does much about it not even the school itself...
Like the new generation would want to raise their kids to see these things like they are normal in school as apparently nobody does anything about it... Another thing is probably in the future children would be taught to see the reality of the world while young to understand and be aware of how many dangers are there and how to avoid trouble...

I avoided people i dont like in the past and now the way i see it is that i cant just run away from people whenever i dont like them, ill always stumble upon them but its actually the fear of experiencing the tension of being in contact with them is what im really avoiding... I need to get over it inorder to move ahead, its not easy but i feel like i havent progressed much.. All i do is get away from tense situations and thats what i did in the past which i regret cuz if i faced it id probably be over it big time...

Ignace

Funny, if you're an adult and you get in a fist fight in public you would probably end up in prison... Speaking in my part of the world... While in school kids are getting beaten the crap out of, abused, molested and raped in some cases while nobody does much about it not even the school itself... Like the new generation would want to raise their kids to see these things like they are normal in school as apparently nobody does anything about it... Another thing is probably in the future children would be taught to see the reality of the world while young to understand and be aware of how many dangers are there and how to avoid trouble...

I avoided people i dont like in the past and now the way i see it is that i cant just run away from people whenever i dont like them, ill always stumble upon them but its actually the fear of experiencing the tension of being in contact with them is what im really avoiding... I need to get over it inorder to move ahead, its not easy but i feel like i havent progressed much.. All i do is get away from tense situations and thats what i did in the past which i regret cuz if i faced it id probably be over it big time...

Yeah that's just horroble. In school things can go even worse then adults do and yet that's not a big problem. "They're just kids!" They hope they start behaving, but they never do.

Honda

^ its just insane how people dont give it much importance, this is dangerous... I mean, i assume, 1 out of 20 people will end up with a mental illness cuz of that...

Last edited:

Ignace

^ its just insane how people dont give it much importance, this is dangerous... I mean, i assume, 1 out of 20 people will end up with a mental illness cuz of that... This isnt a way to build a productive society, it kills the soul...

Yeah, and in extreme cases the victims will grow hate against society. Those people killing people in school didn't do that for fun.. I mean, it's just in school you need to protect people, when you're young you're .. opening. When you're an adult you're better protected against bad people/things.

Honda

^ well society marks them as psychos, retards, idiots, cowards, losers, etc... I mean its really hard to take rejection and humiliation especially for a kid that doesn't understand these things or lacks much interaction with people which makes him/her really frustrated... They dont understand the fact they are raising criminals and psychos that way.. I blame families and parents also, they should always raise their kids in a different manner.. I mean parents complain that their kids get rebellious and aggressive after some age; i know 1 reason for that its cuz they are being exposed for things they never expected coming from life.. Kids should grow up fast yet slow at the same time..

Ignace

^ well society marks them as psychos, retards, idiots, cowards, losers, etc... I mean its really hard to take rejection and humiliation especially for a kid that doesn't understand these things or lacks much interaction with people which makes him/her really frustrated... They dont understand the fact they are raising criminals and psychos that way.. I blame families and parents also, they should always raise their kids in a different manner.. I mean parents complain that their kids get rebellious and aggressive after some age; i know 1 reason for that its cuz they are being exposed for things they never expected coming from life.. Kids should grow up fast yet slow at the same time..

EXACTLY !! That's how I think about it too. Fact is, they don't acknowledge the problem. They just blame games and movies. It's just sad..::(:

Honda

Games and movies, trust me they dont do anything for a kid.. Its all about parenting and how they expose the kid to the real world... Too much fantasy, is poison to the child's head...

Freeflex

Alright, I didn't read through this entire thread, so forgive me if I've missed anything, but I see what you're saying OP, but I can't really completely agree.

I've heard so many of those token stories where the little kid gets bullied, toughens up, verbally owns or beats his/her bully and is hailed a hero. Unfortunately, at least in my experience, my bullies weren't like that. I have been in physical fights with bullies, both with boys and girls, and numerous slang matches with them, and while when I 'win' it shut them up for a while, within a week they'd conveniently forget and resume their bullying. I also had quite a lot of people bullying me, so telling an 'adult' or the Police wasn't really helpful either as it was hard to find a solid culprit. I also realised that my own retaliations got me into trouble either with the school or older brothers/sisters, so I just stuck with myself, and sunk further into depression and anxiety and 'tried' to ignore them, which didn't work. They still did it, anyway, and it gnawed at me inside.

I did beat a bully once, but she was the classic, archtypical kind who was in my Animal Care class in Year 11 who bullied everyone and had a superiority complex, but when I stood up to her, she targetted me most, however I defended myself once when she went to hit me, and won the respect of many of my classmates for it. This was someone even the Teachers were scared of dealing with, because to be honest, she was an absolute chav.

I think bullying ruins more lives than it helps. I know it's a fact of our rather animalistic society, but it should be as minimal as possible. If I wasn't bullied and isolated, I wouldn't have developed social anxiety and maybe not even depression. Also, many successful people weren't severely bullied, so it's not neccesary.

I'm glad you sorted your problems out and became mentally strong, however I think it's too simplistic if I'm honest.

Wonder why this thread lasted for so long since the OP have abandoned his/her Account in SPW after this Thread. No matter what our view or opinion... it won't reach him/her.

Honda

"It soo f**king easy to post on this forum, nobody knows anyone and you are sitting all cozy in front of the PC right in the middle of your comfort zone.."

People dont like weakness its a negative trait.. Everybody is scared in the face of conflict but we are just too scared to defend ourselves or at least make a statement, like the avg. individual does.. You have to prove and put boundaries for people to a minimum so they don't cross the line with you.. I never did I was always consumed with fear and cowardice so I got pushed around in ways you cannot imagine; im lucky i wasnt raped or something... Im not kidding.. So i used to get abused so badly and run away because im a coward and am too scared to stand up for myself.. Now i find it as a challenging and difficult thing to face any kind of intense situations such as aggressors, girls, etc as fear starts to consume me again, its bloody traumatic...

I know people that were bullies in the past and they see what they did wasnt right and dont feel good about it but if a person is gonna express or reveal weakness in front of certain individuals then its like opening your doors for bullies... The only way is to draw a line and put a limit for other people but not be the bully yourself...

IMO and based on my experience, you never learn unless you are exposed to situations and i rarely got exposed to conflict since i left school.. Its not a good thing but most people learned the hard way... I used to sometimes think that I wish I could get in a fight so i can probably learn something out of it... Its not a right way to think cuz i was obsessed with it..

Some people are victims and then they toughen up or manage to do something about it, others run and hide then find it difficult to face the consequences later, while others want to be bitches and live with the pain... Some people they never got in a fight or conflict and are quite calm even if something goes wrong...

Unfortunately it might not sound fair but you have to be strong in this world and take challenges and losses with acceptance and adapt to changes or you will stay in that dark corner.. Im not saying you shouldn't be yourself but you got to take responsibility and accept the pain and move ahead... Which is soo f**king easy to say and discuss; we always make theories and ideas so we can know everything will be allright...

I hate the feeling of guilt but I always forget to face the demons and go to bed once with a clear mind..

So if you ask me if bullying is a good thing? Good thing or not its out there and has always been there.. Some people become stronger others are too cowardly and will hate themselves forever.. But 1 thing for sure both are afraid...

Last edited: