Buck up sissy pants!

cowboyup

It's been a while since writing in the 'journal'....not much has changed, lol.
meh..

Let's see, well, I skyped with my NY buddy. He's really having his ups and downs. I told him, jokingly, that he just needs to get laid. lol. He told me that is not an issue and it's the last thing on his mind. OK, fair enough, I do understand that one!

Guess he is feeling isolated, listless, restless, unsure of things - like work related stuff. And he told me he used to be so sure of virtually everything he did; having an answer for things. But now, it's like he hit a brick wall and feels stuck as well.

In his defense, he did say, "without sounding arrogant and obnoxious"... when referring to being used to knowing answers and what to do, etc.

I was just an ear he could vent to because I don't have answers for him, only an ear he can bend. I am in very similar situation in that I feel 'stuck' and I am unsure of my actions at times. All the feelings he is experiencing now are new to him so he just doesn't know what to do...he has been trying to analyze what made him crumble, as he put it...usually he bounces right back when 'obstacles' of life get in his way, but its been a slow decline for quite a few months now.

well, I guess that's about it. No news is good news as they say.
Brother and SIL just got back from Death Valley. I guess they didn't have a lot of fun - yeah, camping with an infant will do that to ya. heh!

I had fun just 'being' the past few days and I actually got some sleep! Ahhh...my batteries are recharged.

cowboyup

Not a whole lot has been going on ... kinda boring I guess but as the saying goes, no news is good news, right?

My NY buddy has had a difficult time trying to fit in since moving. But just recently he attended some meet up event and he feels tons better. He said he finally met the right people....whatever that means. But I am now feeling kinda empty - I guess it's like, well, he doesn't need to talk to me anymore, he has new friends and better friends so, onward and upward he goes, While I am still stuck in hell. We don't need to communicate anymore, I mean I was there for him to vent and now that he met new friends, he doesn't need to be talking to me anymore. I served my purpose, lol!

I feel so overwhelmed just by day-to-day living as of late.
I feel like every way I turn, I say to myself, "gotta do this, gotta do that, how can I figure out how to do ...." What if I die before I get to learn to ..."

Weird, I know.

Just the many things that rumble through my head.
eh, oh well.

DeadmanWalking

Not a whole lot has been going on ... kinda boring I guess but as the saying goes, no news is good news, right?

My NY buddy has had a difficult time trying to fit in since moving. But just recently he attended some meet up event and he feels tons better. He said he finally met the right people....whatever that means. But I am now feeling kinda empty - I guess it's like, well, he doesn't need to talk to me anymore, he has new friends and better friends so, onward and upward he goes, While I am still stuck in hell. We don't need to communicate anymore, I mean I was there for him to vent and now that he met new friends, he doesn't need to be talking to me anymore. I served my purpose, lol!

I feel so overwhelmed just by day-to-day living as of late.
I feel like every way I turn, I say to myself, "gotta do this, gotta do that, how can I figure out how to do ...." What if I die before I get to learn to ..."

Weird, I know.

Just the many things that rumble through my head.
eh, oh well.

If you were being used as an emotional crutch, then that's not friendship. Just because someone gains new friends in others doesn't mean that they ditch their old friends. What he does now will determine how he truly felt about you, cowboyup.

And don't feel rushed to complete all the things you wish to, though don't lounge about either:giggle:. Moderate:). Dedicate some days to moving forward and dedicate some days to relaxing.

cowboyup

If you were being used as an emotional crutch, then that's not friendship. Just because someone gains new friends in others doesn't mean that they ditch their old friends. What he does now will determine how he truly felt about you, cowboyup.

And don't feel rushed to complete all the things you wish to, though don't lounge about either:giggle:. Moderate:). Dedicate some days to moving forward and dedicate some days to relaxing.

Deadman...you know, I never thought of it that way, an emotional crutch. And I believe that is probably what I am/was to him. I was in a pissy mood earlier but read this and thought, hmm...that's what it was! He used to text me at the crack of dawn til we went to bed. He would vent, I would vent...we'd have our good days, etc...but now that he has met others, I feel forgotten.

Don't rush...but don't dawdle either...got it! I guess it goes back to taking baby steps in the right direction.

Thanks for your response, it helped :)