Buck up sissy pants!

cowboyup

Well, this is official; I am going to start writing here, journaling, whatever you want to call it. It may not be on a regular basis but I am going to give it a shot :) Lately I have been experiencing emotions I've never dealt with before. Some very personal things I will be sharing here, perhaps TMI for some - but I hear it is quite cathartic. So here goes!

A little about me, if you don’t know….I’ve had SA/Panic Attacks for quite some time. They became worse after my mom’s death in 2004. Growing up, my mother was a workaholic to stay out of the house because dad was an alcoholic/drug addict and took many trips to Las Vegas to gamble our rent money away. He was also very abusive – both physically and mentally – to my mom and mentally abusive to me and my siblings. I was not allowed to finish high school or get my drivers license because it simply was an inconvenience and I had to babysit my brother and sister. So far as to that their cribs were in my room. So, that was my childhood, watching kids, doing ‘grown up’ stuff, but yet not developing the social skills if that makes sense. My one and only ‘real’ friend is now in prison for the rest of her life because she, at the age of 18, helped kill and burn a man along with her boyfriend. Yup – I am not such a good judge of character. And it shows today.

Onto my mom’s death, which was sudden but I calmly called my brother who was living in another state at the time and left a voice message that calmly said, “well, I just wanted to let you know mom just died” …. That was it. From a very early age, I never had experienced emotion. I did not associate with many people, at work it was, “hi, how are you?” and that was about it. I was brought up to believe that when you are at work, you work, it’s not a time to socialize or talk…just work. And work and work and work. I worked at a nursing home as a live in 6 days a week, and turned over my whole paycheck to my parents. No questions asked.

I could go on and on…but it’s essentially a moot point.

Onto 2005.. my mother had just passed away suddenly, my sister and I moved in with my brother in another state and I literally donated and threw away essentially all of the stuff we had in the house. It was on impulse but I just wasn’t in a good frame of mind.

So, in Vegas, luckily, I found a good job at the university and soon found myself getting mixed up with a married man –a co-worker no less. BAD BAD MOVE! I was basically acting like a teenager on the loose in a town that was VEGAS BABY!

This guy I was seeing – well, I knew it was just lust, we were meeting our needs and he understood my SA and didn’t shy away from it. But then he introduced me to BDSM. I was into BDSM so much that I ended up going to a therapist. And yes, real dungeons DO exist here.
I did things I did not think I was (nor anyone else) was capable of. Well, after the economy tanked so did my job. Funny thing was that I didn’t have any tendencies to ‘stalk him on facebook’ or drive by his house, none of that. We ‘broke up’ went our separate ways, and that was it for us. I believe that was NOT LOVE. I have not looked back since. Side note: his aunt is Jane Ann Krentz the author and he gets 100,000 each year from her on top of his 70,000 job. Sorry – it’s just so weird that if his aunt found out, his $ would be gone. Hmmm…. Nope, just kidding I will not tell.

Present time… well, I had to move in with my brother because the money ran out quickly after I lost my job and now am working as their babysitter. I also am trying to finish college. My sister in law is 6 months pregnant and just lost her job as well so things are going to be tight around here…I feel almost obligated to stay here to help out – but since age 11 I’ve taken care of kids, my parents, and neighborhood kids, handed over my whole paychecks to parents and now I feel stuck. Stuck that I feel obligated to stay and help out but I so very much want my own life too…

Now, I am facing some emotions that are perplexing to me, I’ve never felt this way before and have nobody to talk to. (Psychiatrists cost lots $) Though I was able to go to my general doctor who prescribed an anti-depressant and anti-anxiety meds for me. I briefly talked to him, but as you know, time is limited with a GP doctor whose waiting room is filled with 10 other patients.

I met this guy, introduced from a co-worker in 2007. He is younger than me. Intelligent. Takes awesome photos, and we’ve had a FWB thing going on for a while. I was OK with it – again, our needs were met. I knew he was seeing others, I wasn’t but that was just me. I had a child to raise (nephew) and ‘nanny’ duties so my days are filled.

So, this guy, once in a while would say things that kind of caught me off guard, like he was depressed, having panic attacks, because he was rejected by a girl he was in love with. Well, at first I fought my feelings – thinking to myself that it was just PMS or whatever. But these feelings grew. Plus I knew he was seeing others – I mean for crying out loud, he photographs burlesque, fashion shows, models, nudes, all the “fun Vegas stuff”…..if you get my drift.

Well, finally I confronted my real feelings towards him and told him that I, too, love him. Mind you , I have NEVER done anything or felt this way before. But since getting it out in the open, I feel better that I told him and even though he told me he still has to ‘get over’ this girl, he appreciated me being honest (uh ok whatever….)

Point is: I have learned (still learning) that even though I felt crummy each day it is getting a little easier to handle as I have broken contact with him because I feel it is best.

OK, so I now feel even better that I got this out in the open.
Yes, this is cathartic!

Right now, I really feel I need to focus on ME, getting a real job, getting out and back on my feet, trying (though very difficult for me) to meet people and not have the ‘I don’t care, I want to be alone’ attitude.
But I want to take a break from the ‘boy scene’ for now. I don’t think I do that part very well – at least not right now.

MikeyC

Sounds like men are a hindrance of sorts to you. I agree that you need to focus on yourself for now and try to get back on your feet.

I will continue reading this thread.

hidwell

That's some story, thanks for sharing. I hope it has taken a load of your shoulders.Life can only get better, right ?

Nathália

I hope you have more positive experiences in the future. I agree, it's good to focus on yourself sometimes. Never stop learning...I'm glad you feel great after getting all out :)

cowboyup

That was a good read. You really need to focus on yourself, but i'm wondering what happened to your father

Thank you. My parents divorced in 1995, he left for Michigan, remarried and up until 2008 we never had contact with him until my brother reached out to him. We don't hear much from him anymore - he had throat cancer - that's about all I know.

Srijita52

Thanks for sharing. I'll be looking forward to more posts. Good luck with focusing on yourself, I hope things get better cowboyup.

cowboyup

I just did a DUMB A** thing.....
How could i be such a DA? rhetorical question.

Here's the scoop: I get a text from that guy tonight - he said: "Just knocked myself out with xanax and slept most of the day-was feeling a little wanting to end it earlier." (quote)

So I immediately jump into action - mistake #1
text back, I'm sorry, what triggered it?

He didn't reply for awhile so proceeded to go to bed. Then I still heard nothing from him and all I could think was, jeez how many xanax did he take?

Mistake #2,3, 4 on my part

So guess what this fool does? I drive over to his house (only 5 min drive) in my PJs .... he answers the door and I asked how many pills did he take. He said "oh, just 2 and if I really wanted to kill myself I'd use my gun."
Oh, he was on the phone - to another girl and I overheard him say, "well are you going to be up for awhile - ok, I'll call you back in a bit"
He was all dressed and ready to go to another girl for 'comfort'

so he hangs up, then asks why did I come over - I told him I wanted to make sure he was conscious cuz going to ER admitted for overdose would not look good on his record ( I was trying to joke about it cuz at that point I felt REALLY STUPID)
He said thanks for stopping by and that earlier he and his other girl (the one he is in love with) talked for about 2 hours and she said she'd make an effort to be there more for him as a friend. I told him good luck with that since he goes to most all the events she goes to.
Plus her new boyfriend will be right by her side....yup that's gonna go over awesomely - sounds like a good plan to me... NOT!

OK so I regressed tonight....I MUST stay strong and not fall for his antics. I bet he was just seeing how I was gonna react. I was played like a finely tuned violin.

so, I reacted with my heart instead of my brain?....damn damn damn.

any suggestions as to how to NOT fall into the trap? I feel better when there is NO contact with him, but when it starts up again, I get all stupid. I'm not in Jr. High anymore! But it sure feels like it.

Maybe I could talk my brother into getting my cell number changed....it's his phone, he's letting me borrow it. THink that would help?

Srijita52

I just did a DUMB A** thing.....
How could i be such a DA? rhetorical question.

Here's the scoop: I get a text from that guy tonight - he said: "Just knocked myself out with xanax and slept most of the day-was feeling a little wanting to end it earlier." (quote)

So I immediately jump into action - mistake #1
text back, I'm sorry, what triggered it?

He didn't reply for awhile so proceeded to go to bed. Then I still heard nothing from him and all I could think was, jeez how many xanax did he take?

Mistake #2,3, 4 on my part

So guess what this fool does? I drive over to his house (only 5 min drive) in my PJs .... he answers the door and I asked how many pills did he take. He said "oh, just 2 and if I really wanted to kill myself I'd use my gun."
Oh, he was on the phone - to another girl and I overheard him say, "well are you going to be up for awhile - ok, I'll call you back in a bit"
He was all dressed and ready to go to another girl for 'comfort'

so he hangs up, then asks why did I come over - I told him I wanted to make sure he was conscious cuz going to ER admitted for overdose would not look good on his record ( I was trying to joke about it cuz at that point I felt REALLY STUPID)
He said thanks for stopping by and that earlier he and his other girl (the one he is in love with) talked for about 2 hours and she said she'd make an effort to be there more for him as a friend. I told him good luck with that since he goes to most all the events she goes to.
Plus her new boyfriend will be right by her side....yup that's gonna go over awesomely - sounds like a good plan to me... NOT!

OK so I regressed tonight....I MUST stay strong and not fall for his antics. I bet he was just seeing how I was gonna react. I was played like a finely tuned violin.

so, I reacted with my heart instead of my brain?....damn damn damn.

any suggestions as to how to NOT fall into the trap? I feel better when there is NO contact with him, but when it starts up again, I get all stupid. I'm not in Jr. High anymore! But it sure feels like it.

Maybe I could talk my brother into getting my cell number changed....it's his phone, he's letting me borrow it. THink that would help?
I'm sorry he did that. I understand its hard for to stop caring specially when he acts like that.
I think it'd be helpful to change your number, seems like you do need a little space.

cowboyup

^ yes, I think space, no contact is in order.
I'm going to see about getting my number changed. It's a shame to do that, but if I don't want to jump at every ring or text I get from him like a puppy-love-struck kid, it may be best for me and my emotions.

dang, wish I knew this like-love-relationship thing was so hard YEARS ago.

Srijita52

^ yes, I think space, no contact is in order.
I'm going to see about getting my number changed. It's a shame to do that, but if I don't want to jump at every ring or text I get from him like a puppy-love-struck kid, it may be best for me and my emotions.

dang, wish I knew this like-love-relationship thing was so hard YEARS ago.
Its okay, you can't change what happened. But yeah, sometimes you need to do things for yourself, plus it sounds like he's getting what he wants.

MikeyC

cowboyup, the same things happens with me. I can not have contact with a few girls I know for a while, but once I'm around them, I act all silly and my emotions start playing up.

This case is a little different because he was suicidal. I think perhaps a part of you didn't want him to die and that could be a reason why you went over to check up on him. Knowing he was going to see this other girl is probably not helping your mental state, though. ::(:

For him to text you means he may have been playing you. I agree that no contact, and perhaps a phone number change, is in order.

cowboyup

Hello again, my fluffy marshmallows :)

Hey, I'm trying ok...

so my brother, sis in law, and my nephew and I just got back from a "family road trip"
First stop was Washington State where I got to visit my sister whom I have not seen in about 3 years. It was awesome! She calls me her "surrogate mom" because I was the one who raised her.....I love her like my own child.

We spent about 3 days there, then onto Yellowstone National Park. Cool Beans!
I HIGHLY recommend going if you get a chance.

We saw the Tetons as well and made a few detours through Montana, Utah, Idaho but just basic drive by. Well, other than Montana, cuz the park we stayed at was there.

I saw elk, bears, squirrels, chipmunks squaring off at each other, Antelope, buffalo and deer. And of course, Old Faithful.

I started a Flickr account and will get link to that when I get the pics up there for you to see if you want to.

So.....THAT was good - I took my meds with me and had only one minor freak out and minor altitude sickness (though I swear it was the hot dogs :))
The mountains kinda made me feel claustrophobic at times but I keep my cool so I was very proud of myself :) yay me!

oh, and NO NO NO contact with that guy I was fretting over. Was that a passing phase? I don't know, don't care, but feel better about it.

So a couple days after the trip now, we're home and I have had the crummiest day. I am wondering if it is just coming down from a "high" of sorts and realizing the real world is now kicking in again and I am feel a bit down. Most of today was sleeping/lounging around not feeling like doing anything and kind of depressed, sad.... something.

But then....

Today, my nephew had a swim lesson and my brother comes storming in the door, yelling at my nephew like he was in basics in the military. He's only 3 for crying out loud. Apparently Zane (my nephew) freaked and didn't go underwater today - this was his 2nd lesson, mind you. But the point I am getting to is that he evoked emotions in me that I've not felt in a very long time. I suddenly was crying for Zane. I saw the look many times that he had in his eyes...that sadness, helpless, and "help me" look. Coming from an emotional abusive background, I felt the boy's pain instantly and I got shaky, nervous to even make a sound in fear of my brother's yelling. I know people yell, get angry, that's life. But the way he was carrying on you'd have thought Zane pulled someone's hair, or kicked someone and gave them a bloody nose. He just got scared and freaked out. Tomorrow's another "swim day" lesson and that's the point of him taking them - to learn.

I instantly felt like "I must stay here to protect my nephew just like I did with protecting my brother and sister"

Protect them from what, I don't know, but I remember getting ready to move out when my siblings were little and all they kept saying was "don't go, please stay here".....

I ended up staying of course. For whatever good it did....

Well, after my brother's melt down, they took off to get some lunch. I texted my brother to see if Zane could stay with me but he never replied. Shortly after they got back, he (my brother) was happy-go-lucky.

Hmmm, ok. I've noticed that he has terrible outrages then shortly afterwards is laughing and back to his old self. I don't understand but that was how our mother was. Our dad had lots of rage/anger but he masked his with drugs and alcohol, if that makes sense.

But tomorrow is another day, right?

...and so it goes...

Srijita52

Hello again, my fluffy marshmallows :)

Hey, I'm trying ok...

so my brother, sis in law, and my nephew and I just got back from a "family road trip"
First stop was Washington State where I got to visit my sister whom I have not seen in about 3 years. It was awesome! She calls me her "surrogate mom" because I was the one who raised her.....I love her like my own child.

We spent about 3 days there, then onto Yellowstone National Park. Cool Beans!
I HIGHLY recommend going if you get a chance.

We saw the Tetons as well and made a few detours through Montana, Utah, Idaho but just basic drive by. Well, other than Montana, cuz the park we stayed at was there.

I saw elk, bears, squirrels, chipmunks squaring off at each other, Antelope, buffalo and deer. And of course, Old Faithful.

I started a Flickr account and will get link to that when I get the pics up there for you to see if you want to.

So.....THAT was good - I took my meds with me and had only one minor freak out and minor altitude sickness (though I swear it was the hot dogs :))
The mountains kinda made me feel claustrophobic at times but I keep my cool so I was very proud of myself :) yay me!

oh, and NO NO NO contact with that guy I was fretting over. Was that a passing phase? I don't know, don't care, but feel better about it.

So a couple days after the trip now, we're home and I have had the crummiest day. I am wondering if it is just coming down from a "high" of sorts and realizing the real world is now kicking in again and I am feel a bit down. Most of today was sleeping/lounging around not feeling like doing anything and kind of depressed, sad.... something.

But then....

Today, my nephew had a swim lesson and my brother comes storming in the door, yelling at my nephew like he was in basics in the military. He's only 3 for crying out loud. Apparently Zane (my nephew) freaked and didn't go underwater today - this was his 2nd lesson, mind you. But the point I am getting to is that he evoked emotions in me that I've not felt in a very long time. I suddenly was crying for Zane. I saw the look many times that he had in his eyes...that sadness, helpless, and "help me" look. Coming from an emotional abusive background, I felt the boy's pain instantly and I got shaky, nervous to even make a sound in fear of my brother's yelling. I know people yell, get angry, that's life. But the way he was carrying on you'd have thought Zane pulled someone's hair, or kicked someone and gave them a bloody nose. He just got scared and freaked out. Tomorrow's another "swim day" lesson and that's the point of him taking them - to learn.

I instantly felt like "I must stay here to protect my nephew just like I did with protecting my brother and sister"

Protect them from what, I don't know, but I remember getting ready to move out when my siblings were little and all they kept saying was "don't go, please stay here".....

I ended up staying of course. For whatever good it did....

Well, after my brother's melt down, they took off to get some lunch. I texted my brother to see if Zane could stay with me but he never replied. Shortly after they got back, he (my brother) was happy-go-lucky.

Hmmm, ok. I've noticed that he has terrible outrages then shortly afterwards is laughing and back to his old self. I don't understand but that was how our mother was. Our dad had lots of rage/anger but he masked his with drugs and alcohol, if that makes sense.

But tomorrow is another day, right?

...and so it goes...

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip. :)
Yeah, I guess its natural to feel a little down, maybe you're a bit tired as well.
You're brother seems somewhat like my aunt who does the same with her children. Hopefully your nephew will be okay though.

cowboyup

Hello again...

Lately, I've been depressed, sad, just blah in general. I really do want to be and feel more positive about things but it eludes me.

If I keep busy sometimes that helps keep me from getting so depressed. I looked into talking to a professional - a therapist but here they all seem to be on a sliding scale, not covered by insurance or you just pay out of pocket. For me, none of that is an option at the moment.

I have homework to do, but I really have to push myself to get going at it. I must get good grades so I can move onto the university but it has been such a struggle.

Does anyone ever feel this way? And if so, how do you get through it? Any suggestions?

oh and....
That guy I was upset about a while back, texted me IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT with this: "well I just gave (xx) an ultimatum of me or her boyfriend. It's been hurting too much trying to be her friend and being neglected. She chose him and now I need to quit her and my friendship cold turkey. I think it's better that way."

I resisted NOT replying and succeeded! Actually, what does one say to that anyhow, even if we were just friends? After I so foolishly told him the "L" word....I just can't get caught up in all that. I have my own issues I need to deal with and his problems are just that-his.

I thought that since there was no contact for quite some time, that I would not need to change my number but I feel that it will be for the best if I do, I don't need hearing about his love life or whatever when he doesn't acknowledge me anyhow.

One time for example, I was showing him some photos I had taken, and I could tell he was getting bored when he turned on his computer and said, "oh did I show you these I shot the other day" or when he commented on some of mine, like "yeah, that's ok, but I would have taken it at a different angle"...

Usually I am OK with honesty but he sounded condescending and that know-it-all type so I just said, forget it. lol

The end.

DeadmanWalking

Feel like what? Being oppressed by homework and lacking the energy to do it? Yeah, I felt that before, especially during my finals when project after project was heaped upon me:eek:. I got through that by just cutting some time out of my life to do the work and spending the rest of my life relaxing and releasing my tension (not like that::p:!). Figure out how much work you've got to do and how much time you have to do it. Cut it into pieces and reward yourself when you get it done:). As for your depression, exercise can do wonders for your mood and/or you can try new things that have interested you. Accomplish new things.

If you believe that cutting all contact from the guy will improve your life, then do so.

Srijita52

I tend to do all my homeworks at the last minute and its frustrating(yes, I should stop doing that) so I'm not the best person to say anything here. But sometimes you need to push yourself, I agree with breaking it into pieces and giving yourself a reward after you've done that part. Maybe you can try talking long walks or maybe try doing something that'll help you to relax as well. As for the guy, he seems pretty self absorbed to me, good on you for not replying. Changing your number seems like a great idea, I think its better if you can ignore him altogether.

cowboyup

it's 9:30 pm - July 4th - Independence Day
I hear the fireworks going on at the strip but have no desire to drive down there to see them or photograph them. Pretty sad considering they are pretty much right in my back yard. I am not in the mood. I've been doing homework - procrastination got the best of me and now I have to play catch up.
My own fault - eh, that's whatcha get for waiting til the last minute to do something. I don't know what's gotten into me lately - I never used to put things off, if anything I'd be early in fear of having anxiety over due dates!

Perhaps it's a phase that will pass.

Oh, I got my number changed so that's good. No more 2am calls/texts like the other night when he texted me, woke me up, with a lame text of "so whatcha up to" ..... I got mad and threw my phone - next morning I had to have my sis in law call my number to find my phone.....silly I know, but I was asleep damn it and what idiot texts you in middle of the night unless it's a sick relative or similar? Other than medical issues, it's highly inappropriate.
....unless otherwise stated in the "friendship agreement" (I LOVE BIG BANG THEORY)

so for tonight, another July 4th U.S. celebration has come and gone. I am in my bedroom - been here most of the day and am very hungry, but my brother and his wife have friends over...I don't have the courage to go downstairs and feel like everyone is staring at me.

They should be leaving soon, they have a 4 year old and a 1 year old and their bedtime should be soon, LOL.

I'll sneak downstairs when everyone's gone to get something to eat.

for now, Ciao my friends :)

and yes, that is my tummy rumbling..... LOL