Booked a massage instead of haircut

lilmutegirl

Okay...so I feel stupid. My normal hairsylist started working at a new spa. I just called to make an appointment, and was confused by the fact that the girl asked if I wanted 60 minutes or 90 minutes. I said 60, figuring that's plenty of time to get my hair cut. Shortly before I hung up, I realized I probably actually made an appointment for a massage. As much as I'd like a massage, that's not what I wanted. I feel too dumb to call back. Should I contact my hairstylist directly? Call the spa back? I'm on the verge of tears because it was so hard to make the call in the first place.

Kinetik

Try to call back and straighten it out. Just say something like "sorry, I was a little frazzled earlier, I meant to book a hair appointment and I think you have me down for a massage." This sort of thing happens more than you think what with people living hectic lives and getting their wires crossed. So you won't look stupid, even though I know it's embarrassing right now. Good luck. :)

Hoppy

Better to phone now than arrive on the day and having to sort out the mix-up then.

On the other hand, I would love to have a massage.

lilmutegirl

Unfortunately, that's easier said than done. I loathe talking on the phone. I haven't even rescheduled a doctor appointment I was supposed to have in January. I could text my hairsylist, and probably make an appointment with her, but I don't know if it would straighten out the mistake at the salon. I'd hate for some masseuse to miss out on the opportunity to have another appointment booked, but I'm also really nervous about calling back. This is why I hate SA. Sometimes I feel like I'm doing better, then something like this happens...

Jensen

yeah I hate when things like this happen, always makes me feel so pathetic :( Perhaps just call to cancel the appointment and say you cant make it rather than admitting the mix up you had, then call again 2-3 few days later to book the haircut?

Kinetik

The obsessing and agonizing over a phone call is always worse than just going ahead and doing it. Calling people I don't really know is my biggest problem area, but the anticipation always ends up being disproportionately problematic compared with the awkwardness of making the call. I guess you could just not call or show up, and book a hair appointment elsewhere. I'd be lying if I said I didn't do things like that myself.

nafadda

if you have a "hairsylist"..you must have called and made apt before????either just call back or show up and say there was a misunderstanding,after all, you've been there before you said.

if you can't do that take the massage and go home and cut your own hair and just relax and enjoy the massage.

lilmutegirl

I would just go somewhere else, except I really like my hairstylist. This wasn't a problem when she had her own salon, or when she worked at the last place. I just texted her to see if she had any insight. I also realized that she also does reflexology, so maybe I made an appointment with her, just for the wrong service...

lilmutegirl

if you have a "hairsylist"..you must have called and made apt before????either just call back or show up and say there was a misunderstanding,after all, you've been there before you said.

if you can't do that take the massage and go home and cut your own hair and just relax and enjoy the massage.

The issue is that I haven't gone to her since she started working at this particular salon. That's why I don't feel so sure. She's now at a spa where they have more services. Where she worked before, there was only hairstyling, so I didn't really have to worry.

nafadda

ok so just tell them what you told me and say there may have been a slight misunderstanding..i'm sure they will understand and not even think about it,except they may have to put you in on another day or time.if you want to avoid 2 trips call.

AsTimeBurns

Just ring up and say "i'd like to cancel the appointment I booked earlier [insert reason here]". Don't need to tell them you got mixed up if you don';t want to.

Then in a day or so you can ring up again and make sure to specify "I'd like to book a haircut".

Iluv

A massage doesn't sound that bad. I say cancel if you don't want to waste money on it, but keep it if you can and then go to a different salon and get a haircut. It's like a win win situation. :D

MikeyC

A massage doesn't sound that bad.
In my experience a massage also means a happy ending. The definition of awkward right there....

Anyway, mutegirl, you're better off spending 2 minutes calling and canceling/updating the appointment. It will be tough but remember that it'll be over in about 90 seconds. Reward yourself somehow after the call, too.

lilmutegirl

I texted the hairstylist (twice, because apparently I had an old number for her at first). I did, in fact, make a massage appointment. She said it was the receptionist's fault, not mine, and that I could come in and she'd squeeze me in. :)
I guess it wasn't that big of a deal, and, in fact, it bothers me that it bothered me so much. I would imagine someone without SA wouldn't have obsessed so much about it. I even told my friends at work, who made light of it, and told me to just get the massage.

THeCARS1979

hey , just say you made a mistake with making a massage appointment instead of a haircut appointment. They will understand.