Awkwardly small world.

Draconess25

So this kid Josh Masters bullied my friends and I from 6th to 12th grade. He and his cronies would throw blackboard erasers at our heads, make homophobic remarks, sexually harass us, and stuff food in our hoods when we weren't paying attention. Most of the physical stuff stopped by high school, but he was still an ***.

Well, my mom's husband's sister (who is actually a decent person compared to the rest of her family) came over one day. She asked me if I knew her grandson from school, and I asked her what his name is, and she said Josh Masters. I almost fainted. My mother is married to my high school bully's uncle!

I begged the stepthing's sister not to tell Masters that she knows me. She said she won't, but what if she does?

Earthcircle

High school bullying is so awful. I'm afraid I don't have much else to say. I was afraid to complain about the bullying when I was in high school because the teachers were just as homophobic as the students.

Silatuyok

That is definitely awkward, but what if he does find out? Do you think he is going to seek you out and start bullying you again? Do you think he is going to try to stir up trouble in the family?

Draconess25

That is definitely awkward, but what if he does find out? Do you think he is going to seek you out and start bullying you again? Do you think he is going to try to stir up trouble in the family?

Well, not much more trouble can be stirred up. But if he discovers that his uncle is married to MY mom, then he'll know that all the stuff he's heard about her family is about MY family. I love my family, but we're all crazy as hell, and I don't want him talking shit about them.

DeadmanWalking

Try explaining why you don't want her telling him about you. Explain to her about everything he did to you and that's why you don't want to see him. She should understand then. If he finds out about you, then you may just have to face him. If you don't want him talking about your family, then set your foot down and let him know that you won't stand for it. It may be scary, but it isn't impossible.

MikeyC

sexually harass us
You could probably go to the police if this is serious enough.

Well, not much more trouble can be stirred up. But if he discovers that his uncle is married to MY mom, then he'll know that all the stuff he's heard about her family is about MY family. I love my family, but we're all crazy as hell, and I don't want him talking shit about them.
If he's still going to act like a high school idiot now, then you are superior because he's still a dumb child.

I think you already win because he was a dumb bully.

Draconess25

You could probably go to the police if this is serious enough.

If he's still going to act like a high school idiot now, then you are superior because he's still a dumb child.

I think you already win because he was a dumb bully.

The police in my town only care about drug busts. It's like one of those creepy midwestern towns that Stephen King writes about.

MikeyC

The police in my town only care about drug busts. It's like one of those creepy midwestern towns that Stephen King writes about.
I don't think they'd only care about drug busts - they have to work to uphold all facets of the law, not just one. Sexual assault is serious and you shouldn't have to suffer in silence.

Draconess25

I don't think they'd only care about drug busts - they have to work to uphold all facets of the law, not just one. Sexual assault is serious and you shouldn't have to suffer in silence.

What they should care about and what they actually do care about are two different things. Smoke a joint, your *** is in prison, but stab your wife, they won't even answer the call. It's a sad truth. Don't get me wrong, there are a handful of good officers in this town, but not nearly enough. And even they are too scared to stand up to the majority.

MikeyC

What they should care about and what they actually do care about are two different things. Smoke a joint, your *** is in prison, but stab your wife, they won't even answer the call. It's a sad truth. Don't get me wrong, there are a handful of good officers in this town, but not nearly enough. And even they are too scared to stand up to the majority.
They won't answer a call if you've been stabbed by your husband? Really? That sounds hard to believe. :thinking:

I still think you should go to the police about it if you're comfortable.

Draconess25

They won't answer a call if you've been stabbed by your husband? Really? That sounds hard to believe. :thinking:

I still think you should go to the police about it if you're comfortable.

It's hard to believe, but it's true. :/

hardy

My story: Had a great friend 10-12 years back. Lost touch with him And didn't feel like talking anymore due to anxiety problems.

This friend all of a sudden comes to my brothers wedding reception after 7-8 yrs. We did not invite him, but turns out he is a close friend to my sister-in-laws brother. I did not want to see him...but ...... Karma? Neh..!

One can never escape the karma....! In Buddhism , they say it's not possible to be associated with people you live with in this life,without a reason.You are born in a certain family due to the past deeds, believe it o not. No luck involved...!! Same with your friends.

Don't believe me? Go figure..!

Draconess25

My story: Had a great friend 10-12 years back. Lost touch with him And didn't feel like talking anymore due to anxiety problems.

This friend all of a sudden comes to my brothers wedding reception after 7-8 yrs. We did not invite him, but turns out he is a close friend to my sister-in-laws brother. I did not want to see him...but ...... Karma? Neh..!

One can never escape the karma....! In Buddhism , they say it's not possible to be associated with people you live with in this life,without a reason.You are born in a certain family due to the past deeds, believe it o not. No luck involved...!! Same with your friends.

Don't believe me? Go figure..!

Oh, I'm sure everyone in my family had it coming, including me. Plus I think our bloodline may be cursed.

andsorry

you should tell you mom and his uncle what he's doing or report him to school /police. These things only get worse with time.

Odo

Banned
I have to admit, this sounds like an absolute nightmare!

BUT sometimes having the family involved means that there's going to be more attention called to the issue... he might actually be less likely to bully you simply because he would be afraid of it getting back to his mother/the family, which would mean negative implications for him.

Sometimes the nicest people have bullies for children... it all depends on what his parents are like. For a lot of parents, having a bully for a son is embarrassing/shameful, and the only reason they haven't done anything about it is because they don't know, because when the bully is around adults they're like a completely different person.

I actually taught a girl who was super outgoing, always smiling and offering to help, straight As, etc... and later in the year we found out she had ADHD and was regularly taking younger students into the bathroom and fighting with them! Teenagers have all kinds of strategies for hiding things from their parents...

I would definitely try opening up to the bully's uncle... if he's a solid guy, he might even talk to his mom about it and something could get done. If you just keep it to yourself, nothing will happen!

Draconess25

you should tell you mom and his uncle what he's doing or report him to school /police. These things only get worse with time.

Oh, I'm not in school anymore. And his uncle is an even bigger good-for-nothing piece of shit. Plus, as I've said before, the police in my town never do anything. The school administrators are no different.

Draconess25

I have to admit, this sounds like an absolute nightmare!

BUT sometimes having the family involved means that there's going to be more attention called to the issue... he might actually be less likely to bully you simply because he would be afraid of it getting back to his mother/the family, which would mean negative implications for him.

Sometimes the nicest people have bullies for children... it all depends on what his parents are like. For a lot of parents, having a bully for a son is embarrassing/shameful, and the only reason they haven't done anything about it is because they don't know, because when the bully is around adults they're like a completely different person.

I actually taught a girl who was super outgoing, always smiling and offering to help, straight As, etc... and later in the year we found out she had ADHD and was regularly taking younger students into the bathroom and fighting with them! Teenagers have all kinds of strategies for hiding things from their parents...

I would definitely try opening up to the bully's uncle... if he's a solid guy, he might even talk to his mom about it and something could get done. If you just keep it to yourself, nothing will happen!

His entire family is scum. His uncle is the worst of them Now that I know who he's related to, I know why he's a bully. I won't be surprised if he also turns out to be a criminal like the rest of them. They have bad blood.