astrology

emerald_star733

Hi all.. i am not really into astrology all that much, but i do check out my horoscope for fun.. (i am a leo), anyway, i am sharing this as i check out jonathan cainer's forcasts everyday out of habit, and today it said something so nice under the daily forcasts.. not just for my sign.. but the general preview before clicking on any of the zodiac signs.. apparently there is going to be an eclipse on the winter solstice and this is a great omen of hope.. it gave me goosebumps and it felt so positive for us all that i just wanted to share it with you.
enjoy if you want to...
p.s. i didn't want to spam so i am not posting the link... but if you type in jonathan cainer into a web search it will come up..;)

*Amy*

Well, I don't believe in the horoscope predictions... just in the personality traits... Anyway, I'm a Virgo and my astrological ascendant is Virgo as well. They say Virgo girls are shy, modest, quiet, clean and polite, and that suits me quite a lot:D

Lionheart

Banned
I dont belive in this.In my school we read sometimes newspaper with the teacher and I always look in the last sites for the horoskop just for fun and there is nothing true in it.
Im Gemini bzw:)

Luke1993

I am Pisces. I don't actually know what the personality traits of a pisces are supposed to be. Sometimes I will read horoscopes in the newspaper but personally I don't believe in it.

emerald_star733

this thread wasn't meant to be taken seriously to any of the negative posters, but it was just a little bit of fun.. anyway, nothing more to say about it, but cool on those who responded kindly.::p:
take care;)

emerald_star733

poster.. singular not plural lol, as everyone's opinion is always welcome.. but when someone outright puts another down, that sucks.. but hey, just my opinion..::p:

Forgotten-Children

I'm a Cancer and a horse going by the Chinese zodiac. Seems a bit of a paradox though. o-O

Modality: Cardinal
Element: Water
Ruler: the Moon
Season: Summer
4th Sign of Zodiac

Metal: Silver
Stone: Pearl, Opal
Color: White, Yellow
Anatomy: Breasts, stomach

Keywords: gentle, conservative, feeling, nurturing, defensive, contemplative.

A crab is able to walk or run sideways. Similarly, Cancer natives can sometimes "move about" in life, in a figurative sense, in an indirect manner. The crab's body is covered by a carapace (shell). Cancer natives are self-protective and sensitive, and often retreat into themselves when hurt. Crabs are able to resist changes in the environment, thereby protecting themselves from hostile elements in various habitats. Similarly, Cancer natives are thought to avoid too much change, and to be on the defensive. Crabs have "complex behavior patterns" (1). The inner world of Cancer natives is thought to be rather quirky and complex. Some crabs "conceal themselves by decorating their bodies with plants and animals" (2). Cancer natives tend to try to blend in with their environments, preferring not to make a big splash in life.

Cancer's glyph, or symbol, may represent the breasts as a symbol of the nurturing qualities of the sign.

The info to the year of the horse is too long to post so here. CHINESE ZODIAC - HORSE

I think I'm more cancer than horse though because the horse sounds nothing like me. x-x

vitalis

Well, I feel compelled to talk about astrology a bit, since I've been somewhat into it for a couple of years. I was very skeptical about that since I received an atheist education, so I don’t want to “believe” in something but to “prove” it. So basically after being impressed by another person with the same approach than I have now, I decided to learn it and here I am; I’ve drawn some conclusions after this experience (I’m so talkative but I’ll try to make it short):

- Astrology is not any absolute truth, on the contrary: 99% of current “astrology” has few to do with the basic concepts under it. Esoteric concepts, reincarnations, dragon tails, parts, progressions… I haven’t seen coincidences in those things while learning astrology, so I just don’t care about them.

- Don’t take astrology as a “belief”, but simply, as an experiment: I have a lot of fun “analyzing” people around me, asking their birth data and stating that in most cases, you can find coincidences in the transits; even when I fail I also learn, failing is actually more exciting than to be right since I always find a pattern I didn’t know and then I have to confirm it with other people and so on, or simply, I was wrong with that. Astrology is not something fixed but a constant learning.

- Astrology is not something than can tell you: “this day you’ll break your leg”. Astrology runs by periods and probabilities: f.i. there’s a very interesting transit that everybody uses to have on their 30’s (variable depending on the person chart), and since I’m working with people around this age, it’s really fun to check that everybody has issues related to this during the period, but they are different: marriage, children, home change, illnesses… it is fun to see that all their personal processes coincide in the timeframe of that “transit”, that is, they appear and fade during this time, but they live it in a very different way, although almost always imply big changes and a period of heavy constraints. Or the typical love transit, for example, that many people have it when they get married, but it can also be like in my case, nothing more than a “unilateral love process” because of my SA, I guess you understand me.

- If you “believe” on it, do not get obsessed at all! Life is about a lot more things; I know people in depressive states that tend to get too much into this, or any other unhealthy stuff: life is not about obsessions, is about freedom, and to get the most freedom it’s necessary to diversify one’s time! I say that because I’ve seen people blindly believing in astrology and getting obsessed by it easily, investing almost all of its free day time on it.

So to sum it up, I just take astrology as a fun experiment. Beware of the people who want to earn money with that: they are liars. I do it as a hobby and for knowledge, and I think that’s the spirit astrology should have. If any of you have any question or is curious about something, just ask me.

emerald_star733

Well, I feel compelled to talk about astrology a bit, since I've been somewhat into it for a couple of years. I was very skeptical about that since I received an atheist education, so I don’t want to “believe” in something but to “prove” it. So basically after being impressed by another person with the same approach than I have now, I decided to learn it and here I am; I’ve drawn some conclusions after this experience (I’m so talkative but I’ll try to make it short):

- Astrology is not any absolute truth, on the contrary: 99% of current “astrology” has few to do with the basic concepts under it. Esoteric concepts, reincarnations, dragon tails, parts, progressions… I haven’t seen coincidences in those things while learning astrology, so I just don’t care about them.

- Don’t take astrology as a “belief”, but simply, as an experiment: I have a lot of fun “analyzing” people around me, asking their birth data and stating that in most cases, you can find coincidences in the transits; even when I fail I also learn, failing is actually more exciting than to be right since I always find a pattern I didn’t know and then I have to confirm it with other people and so on, or simply, I was wrong with that. Astrology is not something fixed but a constant learning.

- Astrology is not something than can tell you: “this day you’ll break your leg”. Astrology runs by periods and probabilities: f.i. there’s a very interesting transit that everybody uses to have on their 30’s (variable depending on the person chart), and since I’m working with people around this age, it’s really fun to check that everybody has issues related to this during the period, but they are different: marriage, children, home change, illnesses… it is fun to see that all their personal processes coincide in the timeframe of that “transit”, that is, they appear and fade during this time, but they live it in a very different way, although almost always imply big changes and a period of heavy constraints. Or the typical love transit, for example, that many people have it when they get married, but it can also be like in my case, nothing more than a “unilateral love process” because of my SA, I guess you understand me.

- If you “believe” on it, do not get obsessed at all! Life is about a lot more things; I know people in depressive states that tend to get too much into this, or any other unhealthy stuff: life is not about obsessions, is about freedom, and to get the most freedom it’s necessary to diversify one’s time! I say that because I’ve seen people blindly believing in astrology and getting obsessed by it easily, investing almost all of its free day time on it.

So to sum it up, I just take astrology as a fun experiment. Beware of the people who want to earn money with that: they are liars. I do it as a hobby and for knowledge, and I think that’s the spirit astrology should have. If any of you have any question or is curious about something, just ask me.

That was very interesting, thank you for sharing.. and just incase anyone is wondering, the only reason why i didn't put this in the off topic thread section is because on the day that i wrote this thread, the forecast was about a lot of hope for us all so i felt it was positive and could be part of this section to give us potential hope on a better year ahead for our SA..
:)