Artificial Inteligence and emotion design

MrJones

At uni I already made simple AIs and for the next 3 months we're going to do some more advanced stuff, like designing emotions. Added to automatic learning and stuff like that, it would allow AIs to evolve by themselves depending on their emotions.

What do you guys think about this subject?

Section_31

wow, Jones, thats VERY fascinating indeed!!!. Id love to hear more!

Can you make an addon for windows 7 and give it the voice of Majel Barrett? :D:D:D pretty plz?

Rawz

It's really cool stuff.

I was always interested in those simple bots for IRC channels (like ones that would remember things that were said, repeat it, etc), especially things like cleverbot, godbot, etc. I always wanted to learn programming and make my own, but could never learn on my own.

Section_31

As a network tech, im not on the physical layer side of things. This is a little bit beyond me, but nonetheless as an IT person im VERY interested.

MORE! MORE! MORE!!!

coyote

i could use an artificial intelligence

to replace my own

kinda like an artificial leg or arm

but how would i attach it?

velcro? duct tape?

the mind boggles at the possibilities

Iluv

That's awesome. You need to teach me, I love computers. Artificial intelligence, I've always been modestly interested in but never logical/smart enough to design.

Post some pics if you can of your creations :D!

Last edited:

MrJones

Pic? I don't really work with physical robots, i just design simple software with even simpler AIs. I just thought about it, I don't really know how it works yet ::eek::

Aletheia

I'm so old

Added to automatic learning and stuff like that, it would allow AIs to evolve by themselves depending on their emotions.

Man, we never got to do that!

Just monkeys pushing boxes to get at the bananas.

*pouts*

Iluv

Pic? I don't really work with physical robots, i just design simple software with even simpler AIs. I just thought about it, I don't really know how it works yet ::eek::

I still want to see your work! Even the simple design of software is artwork in my eyes. ::eek::

MikeyC

Designing emotions is a scary subject for me. That will pave the way for self-aware robots. Am I being ridiculous? Has nobody seen I, Robot? Skynet?! :eek:

Designing emotions is a scary subject for me. That will pave the way for self-aware robots. Am I being ridiculous? Has nobody seen I, Robot? Skynet?! :eek:

Emotions would be more of a handicap for robots than they would be helpful (also, useless). Emotions kinda suck.

MrJones

I wish I had something worth posting, probably we will just make the simplest stuff, I will let you know if someday I make something good :p