Arrggghh,this hot UK weather

ukchick

Hating this weather at the mo.Work is unbearable and shirt soaked through...soo depressing.
Sorry,just needed to vent to people who understand. I feel like locking myself away....

hidwell

Hating this weather at the mo.Work is unbearable and shirt soaked through...soo depressing.
Sorry,just needed to vent to people who understand. I feel like locking myself away....

It is a good job you don't live in Australia you would hate the summers here.

AllSweaty

Well here in Portugal we're having one of the hottest summers ever. In the last weeks temperature is constantly hitting 40º all day. And i hate it.

Ithior

Well here in Portugal we're having one of the hottest summers ever. In the last weeks temperature is constantly hitting 40º all day. And i hate it.

Yep. The temperature went above 40º in many places for many days. Fans sold out everywhere.

During this last week I even had trouble falling asleep, would go to bed at like 1.30 AM and would only fall asleep between 3 and 4 AM. Didn't help that my room is the hottest in the house (portuguese houses are not well built, they're too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter).

Good thing the temperature started going down yesterday.

mikebird

Banned
I loved working in London. I got good stuff when... I had no driving license for a while, so I switched tack and found Central London jobs just right for me, and wouldn't have done that if I was driving. 6am awake to get into the suit and home at 8pm or later. Just that was a different experience I didn't expect.

I always love it in winter months. Getting sweaty in packed and smelly tube carriages (not me - them) in summer was worth every minute, if humid, and no seats...

I do anything for money, and never been bored. I love crowds

Crowded parks in London I never expected. I was sure the world was coated in tarmac and concrete

Last edited:

uksam

Tell me about it! I feel like I need to like that the sun has come out, after months of cold/snow/rain, but all I'm waiting for is for it to get colder again!

Littlewilly

I think us in the UK are never satisfied whatever the weather Hot or cold.
Yes it was a long winter last year & this but now we're having a Heatwave at the moment so I suppose we should at least try & make the most of it while it lasts because in the next couple of months or so we'll shortly be back in the cold again I shouldn't wonder:cool:

Dani.F

Yep. The temperature went above 40º in many places for many days. Fans sold out everywhere.

During this last week I even had trouble falling asleep, would go to bed at like 1.30 AM and would only fall asleep between 3 and 4 AM. Didn't help that my room is the hottest in the house (portuguese houses are not well built, they're too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter).

Good thing the temperature started going down yesterday.

ugh I had the same problem, i couldn't slept well at all :sad: but luckly now is good. let's see how long its gonna be like this.

And yeah my house its totally the same i totally wanted to sleep outside it would have been better

Steiner

I guess coming from texas I enjoy the heat. I love that feeling of sitting in a fresh hot car.

teandtoast

I don't think some of the people posting realise this thread is from the hyperhidrosis forum *facepalm* so can't relate at all.
But yeah I hate it, I don't go out as much in Summer and just walking to the shop etc is a headache and sweaty. Work is horrible also being stuck in stuffy office with idiot co-workers complaining if u put air con on.
Bring on winter and the cold and rain

Ithior

I might not have hyperhidrosis but if I'm having trouble with the temperature and even sweat even though I don't have that problem, I guess you can imagine how tough it can be to people who have hyperhidrosis and live in the same country I do.
I was only adding information to what another person from my country had already said.

ukchick

I don't think some of the people posting realise this thread is from the hyperhidrosis forum *facepalm* so can't relate at all.
But yeah I hate it, I don't go out as much in Summer and just walking to the shop etc is a headache and sweaty. Work is horrible also being stuck in stuffy office with idiot co-workers complaining if u put air con on.
Bring on winter and the cold and rain
Totally agree...."bring on winter and the cold and rain"x

Littlewilly

Don't worry its supposed to break this coming week with Thunderstorms,Rain & floods,cooler & unsettled then we'll be complaining about the miserable wet weather again. Never a happy medium, human nature in the uk I suppose.:idontknow: