Anything you want to stop avoiding right now?

Aylaa

Well, maybe not right this instant but within a week or two weeks ;)

I really want to go ice skating again. I did that quite a lot last winter and I was looking forward to the season starting again.
But now it's here, the ice rinks have been opened for over a month and I still haven't been. I feel so stupid because I could do it last year, but I've had a bit of a fall back and now I'm scared of looking like an ididiot (I'm not very good). I keep making excuses like "I didn't get up on time" or "I'm too tired now" and that has to stop!

Of course I've still got the weather as an excuse, can't go if it's raining :D

Sammie_Kay

Wow, you sound just like me. I find something I wanna do and then never do it and just make excuses on why I didn't do it to make me feel better. I need to put my big girl pant on, well that is what my mom tells me all the time. I hope you do get to go ice skating. You can only get better if you keep skating. Try to go when you think not many people will be there.

Ithior

Swimming. I haven't swam in over 10 years and even back then I couldn't swim because I couldn't get my head out of the water to breathe. Can't float or swim backwards. It's kinda silly since I had swimming lessons every Saturday but I just never learned. I don't want to make a fool of myself at the gym nor drown.

Sammie_Kay

Swimming. I haven't swam in over 10 years and even back then I couldn't swim because I couldn't get my head out of the water to breathe. Can't float or swim backwards. It's kinda silly since I had swimming lessons every Saturday but I just never learned. I don't want to make a fool of myself at the gym nor drown.

Try using a noodle.They help a lot. I haddnt swam in a long time and found it semi hard to swim this past summer and having the noodle helped me a lot and made me feel safe. I would also say, to have at least someone there so nothing happens. If you just get in the shallow end and hang out by the wall it will be better then nothing at all. :)

April72

I'm avoiding going again to see my family in law. I have to go to Venezuela. The first time was a bit comfortable because I was new and I let them doing all the job. I put myself in a safe place, imaging I was seeing a Venezuelan serial on TV.

The second time would be different. They already know me and I'm afraid of not being liked. That is, I feel as if I hadn't anything else to offer.

So, i would like to go bc they are marvellous people and the country is incredible on the contrary as many people and politicians think, but I'm afraid.
And my partner doesn't want to go without me. :sad:

Aylaa

Another one: getting a hair cut. My hair is an absolute mess with horrible split ends, but I keep putting it off..... I'm scared of being an annoying customer because I don't really do small talk and I don't like sitting in front of a mirror while my hair gets cut.

April72

That's sound familiar to me, Aylaa. Lol! Look for a picture of the hair style you like on the net and show it to the hairdresser. Anyway, it's good to follow his/her advises. And don't worry bc hair grows up and you can change it.

Just now, I want to avoid loosing friends but at the same time, I want to avoid making new friends.

Ithior

Another one: getting a hair cut. My hair is an absolute mess with horrible split ends, but I keep putting it off..... I'm scared of being an annoying customer because I don't really do small talk and I don't like sitting in front of a mirror while my hair gets cut.

I just sit there, the guy cuts my hair and says some stuff every now and then, I just smile and don't reply. I'd say a customer who doesn't shut up is way more annoying than one who doesn't talk.

MikeyC

I just sit there, the guy cuts my hair and says some stuff every now and then, I just smile and don't reply. I'd say a customer who doesn't shut up is way more annoying than one who doesn't talk.
I like talking to my hairdresser because I want to make them comfortable with me and make their experience with me less unwanted than it needs to be. That's just me, though. :)

Aylaa

I like talking to my hairdresser because I want to make them comfortable with me and make their experience with me less unwanted than it needs to be. That's just me, though. :)

I also don't want them to be uncomfortable. Awkward would have been a better term than annoying here. I imagine the ones who don't shut up can be more annoying, but not saying anything at all more uncomfortable.

But I only see my hair dresser once or twice a year so her opinion of me shouldn't really matter, and it only takes about 15-20 minutes to cut my hair so it's not exactly a long time of awkwardness so that's not an excuse!

AndreSossi

I want to stop avoiding eating right. It's my biggest challenge right now becauseI'VE become accustomed to eating unhealthy during the last year's festive season.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I want to stop avoiding eating right. It's my biggest challenge right now becauseI'VE become accustomed to eating unhealthy during the last year's festive season.

Ah've been avoidin' that as well - for years, in fact. Though, a change in diet might help wi' ma depression.

Ah'm also avoidin' gittin' stuff cleared outta ma room because ma mum would rather sittin' in front o' tha telly aw day rather than assist me. Ah mean, it's guid to do stuff oan yer ain but when ye huv a lotta stuff tae do, it's better huvin somebuddy help since it tends to git done quicker.

Sahara95

Maybe you could go with a friend, for me I enjoy doing things on my own because I don't have to worry about whether their having a good time or not, but for other occasions like clubbing or going out, a friend is really good to have. Don't worry about looking silly, I've never tried Ice Skating, and I'm sure I'd be terrible at it. :)

kay08

I tried ice skating once, I bruised my knees. I haven't tried it since. I think I will finish destroying my bedroom with this awful wallpaper.