Anyone here went to movie alone?

milo001

I used too when my anxiety is not that severe but now I don't think I can anymore even if it's a working day afternoon and the cinema didn't have a lot of peoples.

EscapeArtist

I have gone to a movie alone, and i remember being stiff and uncomfortable the whole way there and during the movie (It just so happened to have a very long graphic sex scene in which I felt really weird being there alone lol). But in the end, it was still a good experience. I went to a theatre where i knew i wouldn't bump into anybody, because of the fear of them wondering why i was there alone. So maybe try that?

Going to a movie alone just means you want to see the movie, period. I try to think that it makes me look independent more than... loserish. Who knows, maybe you're just a film connoisseur ;P

milo001

I don't watch a lot of movies even when I used to went alone. It's like maybe once a month. But why are you picking romance movie. Horror is more suitable for us loner to watch. But it's really scary esp Thai horror movies.

EscapeArtist

I have never seen a thai horror but i trust you on that! American horror movies are awful, lol. I am afraid of horror movies. Are you considering going to one alone?

milo001

I am scared of horror movies as well. So now I change to animation movie. Lol. My sister don't want to watch cartoon and she told me to go alone before 12pm where the movie ticket is cheaper.

Talking about American horror. I just watched Annabelle with my sister last month. I'm scared shitless by the sound effects.

EscapeArtist

Lol i'm glad we agree on something, I can't stand watching painful scenes or painful sounds. There are some really great animation movies out there :) I think that'd be a great type of movie to see alone as well, hopefully it would distract and uplift you out of the anxiety.

milo001

Yeah, and I don't need to worried about any smut scene with animation movies. But for horror I think Final Destination 3 is the best.

theoutsider

I went by myself once when my wife was busy with friends. I felt extremely self conscious, like everyone was looking at me because I wasn't with anyone. It was probably my imagination but I felt uncomfortable.

I can remember going alone once when I was around 13. I was bored, the movie was cheap so I went. I wound up running into a bunch of friends from my school who wondered why I was seeing a movie by myself. Yet another awkward moment in the storied life of Theoutsider.

theoutsider

I don't watch a lot of movies even when I used to went alone. It's like maybe once a month. But why are you picking romance movie. Horror is more suitable for us loner to watch. But it's really scary esp Thai horror movies.

Milo, are you Thai? Sawasdee Khap, if you are!

worrywort

I enjoy going to movies alone. Particularly in the middle of the day on a weekday when it's quiet. I don't think other people really care that much. I've actually noticed quite a lot of other people who seem to be alone at my cinema. I don't think it's that weird.

I love going to movies alone, going alone isn't a problem but it happens sometimes that there's someone there that I know seeing me alone there and I get nervous then. But I also see a lot of people by them self at the movies like me. Next month I'm going to see The Hobbit :thumbup:

milo001

I can count on one had the number of moves I have seen with another person.

I haven't watch movies with anyone other than my sister for many years.

Milo, are you Thai? Sawasdee Khap, if you are!

Hey, I'm not Thai. I'm from Malaysia Penang and travelling to Hap Chai is just really a couple hours trip. Too bad I don't have anyone to go with me. Are you Thai?

Last edited:

Nazim

Banned
Going alone to movies is my favorite thing to do actually.
Great to get some of that "me time" from time to time :)
What does make you feel so uncomfortable tho?

migthymask

I always go alone to the cinema, I don't like it because I feel so bad to see a lot of friends, families and couples, so I'm always alone, I feel ashame by myself because I don't have any friend :(

Yeah, and I don't need to worried about any smut scene with animation movies. But for horror I think Final Destination 3 is the best.

If you like Final Destination 3 I recommend to you to watch anime called Another, it's the best Horror anime ever and it's bit like Final Destination 3. Tho the action at the beginning might be calmly but when it's going forward it's getting more interesting and yes the ending kicks a** :thumbup:

Tho I never went to cinema alone because I barely go there but my last visit was like 2 years ago with my classmates and that's about it lol.

Last edited:

theoutsider

Hey, I'm not Thai. I'm from Malaysia Penang and travelling to Hap Chai is just really a couple hours trip. Too bad I don't have anyone to go with me. Are you Thai?

No, I'm not Thai. I just like visiting and enjoy the culture. I know some words and phrases but am far from fluent in the language. So sorry to know you don't have anyone to go with you. I think you would be a fun travel partner.

Sammie_Kay

I went once to a movie alone and would go again(if I had motivation). I was a little nerves when it was time to actually buy the ticket. But I did it and everything was good. At the end of the movie I was glad I did it cause it was a good learning experience for me and got to see a good movie. I am not sure where you live but here it isn't a big deal about going alone and often times when you go to the movies you see people by themselves. I hope you do go to see a movie and enjoy it! Just try to focus on having a good time and getting to see a movie you wanna see. You can do it, I just know it!!

LazyHermitCrab

Hmm I never gone to a movie alone but I don't think that's weird at all. I see ppl who go alone a lot so don't worry! Just go at a safe time when it's not dark... just seems better. Some activities I've done alone are: going to the park (a lot), eating out (a lot), bird watching (three times), going to church (once), craftshow (once), shopping (a lot), museum (a couple times), going to see stars (a lot) hmm more than I thought xD