Anyone else think theyre not good enough to go be around other people?

Yes. But dont compare youself to others. Everyone is unique, has different goals, desires, values etc. Try to focus on living your life for yourself , dont live life to please others.

pufferfish

i feel like this a lot. i was recently sitting down beside my boyfriends sister. some people who were at the party kept commenting on how beautiful she was, while i was right beside her; and didnt say a thing to me or about me. made me feel really low.

klytus

Well, I don't just think it. I know it. It is obvious that I am inferior in many ways to those who are socially accepted and integrated. I am inadequate, simply because I am different. People love similarity, and that's something I can't offer.

sleepysparrow

This is how I feel all the time. I'm especially nervous around people my age because I feel like there's something wrong with me, I can't hide how anxious I feel and it's really hard to interact with anyone, and I never feel good enough. I've accepted being alone because it's too difficult for me to make friends with people outside of the internet.

iamthenra

I remember when I was younger around 13 or so... I would always tell my only friend at that time, that I had an inferiority complex. I would tell him I am no better than "moose poop" or "snail slime"... Kind of half jokingly. Yeah, so to answer your question. I do feel that way allot. The friends that I do usually get are people that are not good quality people if you know what I mean. Like for example: they do drugs, drink excessively, have promiscuous sex, and get in trouble with the law. Probably has allot to do with a low self esteem?

klytus

This is how I feel all the time. I'm especially nervous around people my age because I feel like there's something wrong with me, I can't hide how anxious I feel and it's really hard to interact with anyone, and I never feel good enough. I've accepted being alone because it's too difficult for me to make friends with people outside of the internet.
Birds of a feather flock together. Perhaps look for other sleepy sparrows. :)

Lea

Banned
It is not others fault if they don´t like me, it´s my illness (disorder) that prevents me to establish contacts and be liked. Sometimes people treat me even better than I deserve and try to make me welcome etc., but I feel unable to accept it. I would kill myself for doing so, because I´m not only punishing myself, I am also being rude to them. (Or so it seems). Even if someone liked me, I wouldn´t believe that because I don´t like myself and am not comfortable with myself. I feel like I have so much to work on that before I solve this problem I´ll be long dead.

Lea

Banned
For the most part, I am good enough for myself. I just don't think I'll be good enough for others. Of course, there are times when I feel really low and worthless but that is not every day 24/7. I am a stay-at-home mom, I do not have a job (I only volunteer) and I don't have an education that is higher than a high school diploma. I haven't done much of anything since high school except work, get married and have a child so I do feel inferior in comparison to women who are talented and have a higher education, a career or a good job.

I have a lot of things to talk about since I try to keep up with current events, read and research different topics online, but most of the people I am around do not want to talk about these things. They want to talk about their boyfriends and things that I cannot relate to. So in the end, I don't have anything to talk about after all! I just sort of ask questions about a topic someone else brings up or depending on the extent of my knowledge of that topic, I might interject with my own opinion.

So I certiainly feel inferior to smart, successful and educated people. I feel that they're just going to write me off as a bimbo since I've had people treat me like one. My looks certainly don't help people consider me intelligent. I will normally withdraw when I am in social situations with such people that is unless I feel comfortable around them. I just hope that they won't start asking me questions about myself. I can't say that I graduated from college or that I'm very good in school or that I have any talents or skills. I'm not very accomplished at all and I'm very ashamed of that.

To me it seems you´re pretty intelligent Serafina, you don´t need to have papers for that.

Cynic

It just makes me feel sick and uncomfortable being around people i dont really know especially if theyre around my age. Mainly because i dont feel as smart, pretty or funny as anyone there. Can you relate to this?
Absolutely.

Yep I feel like a loser around people my own age. That's why all of the few friends I had in the past are social misfits. but even around them, I still have self-esteem issues. Like, for example I wouldn't even something as simple as "my back hurts" in front of my friends 'cause I'm afraid that they'll think I'm whiny / won't care - as if I don't have the right to complain.

Reiji Moritsugu

It is not something I think, but rather a fact that I am sure of.

I am not smart, have no athletic skills whatsoever and I was not around when good looks were being given by nature. Add a total lack of conversation skills to the mix and what do you get? a winning combination, of course !! *extra sarcasm points* but recently I have started to care a bit less about it with each passing day...I guess it must be something related to age, don´t know for sure.

See you around :)

JCS008

That the thing though, you are good enough. These people are human, just like you. Everyone has their own unique personality and identity. They're no better than you. And to those that do judge you or try to look down on you, just know they have their own issues and insecurities. The only respect that really matters is self-respect.

dottie

For the most part, I am good enough for myself. I just don't think I'll be good enough for others. Of course, there are times when I feel really low and worthless but that is not every day 24/7. I am a stay-at-home mom, I do not have a job (I only volunteer) and I don't have an education that is higher than a high school diploma. I haven't done much of anything since high school except work, get married and have a child so I do feel inferior in comparison to women who are talented and have a higher education, a career or a good job.

I have a lot of things to talk about since I try to keep up with current events, read and research different topics online, but most of the people I am around do not want to talk about these things. They want to talk about their boyfriends and things that I cannot relate to. So in the end, I don't have anything to talk about after all! I just sort of ask questions about a topic someone else brings up or depending on the extent of my knowledge of that topic, I might interject with my own opinion.

So I certiainly feel inferior to smart, successful and educated people. I feel that they're just going to write me off as a bimbo since I've had people treat me like one. My looks certainly don't help people consider me intelligent. I will normally withdraw when I am in social situations with such people that is unless I feel comfortable around them. I just hope that they won't start asking me questions about myself. I can't say that I graduated from college or that I'm very good in school or that I have any talents or skills. I'm not very accomplished at all and I'm very ashamed of that.

wow. i relate with all of this, except i don't have a kid.

i'm a 29 y/o unemployed loser with a useless AA, living at home, who comes across half-retarded in social situations (especially the workplace). i am very ashamed. before anyone even begins to speak to me i already assume they will dismiss me as a joke.

JCS008

I like to believe it never too late to start picking up the pieces. The hard part is getting started and knowing where to start from. But I suppose any progress is good enough at the start.

Apple Strudel

I always feel this way. I only had a failed GCSE and I see some of my classmates, they go to a reputable university and yes, it breaks my heart a lot since we used to be at the same level and yet a few years later, they are like one whole shot over me right now.

I stopped schooling a few years back because I felt really, really low. I couldn't function properly and high school wasn't the best years, it was terrible...I was a nervous wreck, I couldn't stand sitting in the classroom, I was constantly blowing hot and cold, nerves going haywire, slight hallucination, anxiety etc.

The final years were the worst and I was nearing breakdown.

I finally did, failed my examinations, went into recluse and a whole load of 'real life' sh*t started to pile on me when I started my first job.

And now, I see many of my ex-classmates, the bullies and whatnot having a blast of their life, while I sit around, feeling inferior and ugly.

Last edited:

shybhoy

That's exactly how i felt before i talked to the girl who is showing interest in me i had excepted that i was to delicate to be like other "normal" people and have a so called "normal" life. But now i am all confused because i have taken a big risk and i feel so vulnerable and to make matters worse i find out she has issues like mine and also has experienced a very bad relationship in the past which makes her extremely cautious which i can understand, but, and sadly there seems to always be a but, this increases the chances of me getting extremely hurt, because chances are even though i know she has pretty strong feelings for me, she may not be ready to take the leap of faith and run away because shes scared which in turn will leave me pretty much in pieces and completely broken hearted, i mean 18 month is a long time to talk with someone online and txt i know its not, "real life" but in a way it is there is still communication which allows for a connection to be built. But i get what you are saying completely....