Anyone else obsessively following the Fifa World Cup? VIVA FIFA!!!

mmmm

I was so stoked for Germany. Any SPW Germans out there? Your team is like, amazing. No offense to Australia, of course. Your team is pretty darn awesome too.

And what about the USA drawing with a powerhouse like England? And South Africa drawing with Mexico when everyone was expecting them to get massacred? If those two matches didn't inspire us underdogs here on SPW then I don't know what will!

I would really love the Cup to go to a total unexpected wildcard like Ghana. It would be good to see one of the little guys come out on top.

Can't wait for the Portugal vs Brazil match. That should be a whopper!

worrywort

ooo yea! I'm hooked! barely missed a match yet! It's been awesome so far! The weather and the venues and pitches over there seem to be perfect conditions.....although I think so far I've been slightly underwhelmed by the quality of football being played...I think because it's first round so every game is really tight....nobody's risking anything cause no-one wants to lose their opening match....also the balls seem to be causing a lot of problems....has anyone noticed how often players are overhitting the ball?....and players seem to be misjudging the flight and speed of the ball a lot too....which is a shame.......but yea, awesome tournament so far....Argentina and Germany looking very impressive!

Luke1993

no because football is boring! :D I tried to enjoy it as it's our national sport but it's just....so...boring... :p

Luke1993

OBAMA-BECKHAM.jpg

Tuco

I used to be very enthusiastic when the world cup came, but now I've lost a lot of interest in it. I've only watched a couple of games (Argentina vs Nigeria and Holland vs Denmark); I don't think Argentina is going to make it very far this time either, even when they should've won the first game by three or four goals, they don't have a good team, just a lot of big names, and I don't know if that's enough. Also, Maradona is not a good coach.

I followed it for the first few games but it's boring as hell. The only game that could actually pass for entertaining was Germany vs Australia. The rest have been bloody monotonous...
Plus, the vuvuzelas give me a headache.

Illusions

I don't obsessively follow it like some men :p However I do watch some matches and read up on the outcomes of those that I didn't catch. Personally I'm bias towards Italy, and not just because they won the last time...

worrywort

WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!? How come all the European teams are doing so badly? France, England, Spain, Italy, Germany all getting poor results! The French team in total disarray! The English team in meltdown too! It's so strange!....isn't it? Does this happen every world cup or is it especially weird this year?

...and how come the South Americans all seem to be doing brilliantly?! Must be something in the water I reckon! ;)

planemo

I really don't know whats going on. I officially suck at predicting the unpredictable. If Brazil don't win, I'm gonna go crazy. ;)

sam008

loving the world cup although at times sum games are crap but it will hot up soon with the knockouts and brazil just won me 200 pound 3-1 at 10/1:D

AGR

damm that was nice,I only saw the first Portugal goal at my work,its going to be an exciting game Brazil vs Portugal,for sure.